The VUE

Tim3167

:stop:

Orlando is not a small city. And it will eventually be a big city, whether you, I or anyone else likes it... Saying otherwise is ignorant. If you don't want to see denser development going on here, then I don't know what you're doing on Urban Planet.

Well, congratulations on your ability to see into the future. You should be on Letterman's "Stupid Human Tricks" with that. And what has being on Urban Planet have to do with only wanting denser development and nothing else? There are many complex issues involved in urban development, and over development or development of the wrong kind in certain areas are valid and legitimate topics to be discussed. Agreed, this is supposed to be about The Vue, but I'm going to let my opinion be known just like anyone else. Finally, thinking you know the future of Orlando or anything else for that matter based solely on what you see in the present is really "ignorant".

Right on F-L-A!!! I'm an expat Orlandoan that has adopted NYC as home and see so many parallels in the urban development of this city. Most people think about Orlando as it is now not how it will be. NYC started out as a backwater and grew into the global powerhouse that it is today. I'm not saying that Orlando will one day rival NYC, but I am saying that there is enough material and talent in the city that will enable it to sustain a higher level of urban density and an increase profile. I think that Miami is actually Orlando's greatest bit of competition right now. Both cities have roots in tourism, but Miami has had about a 50 year headstart on Orlando. Personally, I think that given the current climatological changes Orlando is a better long term bet. Think about that.

"Right on"??? How is everything back in 1969, anyway? Far out!!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're so right. Orlando's going to get hit by a giant meteor in the near future, making all of it's rampant, continuous growth meaningless. Of course. How could I be so blind? There was no way this city was going to continue growing without some kind of apocalyptic catastophe throwing it all away... that would just be too predictable.

See the hypocrisy yet?

You're so right. Orlando's going to get hit by a giant meteor in the near future, making all of it's rampant, continuous growth meaningless. Of course. How could I be so blind? There was no way this city was going to continue growing without some kind of apocalyptic catastophe throwing it all away... that would just be too predictable.

See the hypocrisy yet?

No, because there is none on my part. There are all kinds of more realistic and plausible things that can happen to shape the future of an area or a town, the silliness in your previous post notwithstanding. Nobody knows what may occur economically or geo-politically. The bottom could fall out of the local tourism market due to any number of things. A simple glance back to the summer of 2004 or worse, September 2001 should make that obvious to anyone with some common sense. All your rah-rah cheerleading and getting all goo-goo ga-ga over some tall buildings isn't going to guarantee anything. If you want to continue this, why not do everyone else a favor and start a new thread. I'll debate you there. The other posters don't want to read this discussion anymore.

Actually, Dale, wouldn't a 1,000 foot tall wave in, say, Brevard, still reach us? The VAB is 550', and when you analyze the speed of the wa.... ah, what's wrong with me?

ANyway: The Vue-- the first 400 footer in this wave. Which will be the second 400 footer? Ivanhoe? TT? Blue Rose?

Actually, Dale, wouldn't a 1,000 foot tall wave in, say, Brevard, still reach us? The VAB is 550', and when you analyze the speed of the wa.... ah, what's wrong with me?

ANyway: The Vue-- the first 400 footer in this wave. Which will be the second 400 footer? Ivanhoe? TT? Blue Rose?

As memory serves, the wave would only penetrate 16 miles inland.

• 2 weeks later...

A construction update ganked from The Vue's web site:

"17th Floor

May 18, 2006

Setting up to pour the 18th floor. On the lower levels the mechanical, electrical, and plumbing rough-in work is moving up the building, unit masonry work is proceeding up the stair wells and in the garage, and window walls are being installed on 2,3,4, and 5. On the garage side crews have begun to frame the 3rd level of the post-tensioned concrete deck."

c5.jpgc4.jpgc3.jpgc2.jpgc7.jpgc8.jpgc1.jpg

Yeah I think it was this weekend. If you look at the new height, I imagine the finished height of VUE will be just a little taller then that (just my opinion).

At full height is should look the same height as the courthouse. If the Courthouse is 417 and the Vue is 426, and take into account the slope between the where the Courthouse is and the Vue

At full height is should look the same height as the courthouse. If the Courthouse is 417 and the Vue is 426, and take into account the slope between the where the Courthouse is and the Vue

Yeah, that slope is going to "shorten" it a bit compared to bldgs. as east as Magnolia and further west.

i don't know.. it's gonna look pretty freakin tall from my perspective. :-)

06-20-06_1839.jpg

Thanks pip great photo. Since it seems that the point I tried to make a couple of days ago was lost I'll use this photo to restablish my observation. If you look at pip's photo at the taller cranes jib, I would assume that it is slightly lower than where the finished roofline is going to be. That should give a descent idea of the height.

Archived