The VUE

Tim3167

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice shot Bulldogger. Only in Orlando is it ok to hover your cranes at 450-500 feet and not your buildings. Oh well, this at least gives a good perspective on the final height.

OMG, that is such a great subject. You should only whisper that or else the FAA may hear you.

I drove by yesterday after somebody on here asked if the height was possible. Now I was in the car asat the light but with the two story units it only came out to like 21 floors give or take. If someone gets a chance count the floors using the buckhoist, its spraypainted with the floor number for the operator.

Which puts it at 310' currently? I'd say 426' is more than possible.

yeah... its shorter than Solaire, but taller than all other shorter bldgs., incl. Amsouth, which is 292'(?). My question is this-- are the 2-story units considered 1 floor each, or still 2-floors each?

yeah... its shorter than Solaire, but taller than all other shorter bldgs., incl. Amsouth, which is 292'(?). My question is this-- are the 2-story units considered 1 floor each, or still 2-floors each?

It clearly is still shorter than the Amsouth building, even with the height difference in where the two are located. Something tells me this will not be 400ft

Hmmm... I don't think that's correct for this project...

My appologies. After taking the time to get down there to look Tim, you are correct. Typicaly floors are counted by interior elevator landings. That said, if you look at the building from the side you can see that even the two story floors have temp lighting running on two different landings (not really described well). Basically, there is a hallway bisecting each floor lengthwise on all floors which would require an elevator landing regardless of whether the units are two story or not.

With everyone on here I am amazed that nobody has inside information regarding Turner projects (Vue, Ivanhoe).

I know there was somebody on here who superimposed the remaining floors of the solaire before construction was complete. Can anyone on here take the top ten floors and cut and paste them?

Not higher than Amsouth? I would check that. It has to be at least as tall.

36 floors @ 426' total, right? Thats roughly 11.8 ft/floor. If this building is at 26 floors thats 307' (give or take). Add an additional 10 floors that brings you to exactly 425'.

Even if you only give the final ten floors 11' each (the first fifteen floors eat up the .8 ft difference) you still come out to 417'. Add in a mechanical room or parapet and wa la your at 426'

from a distance away, like I-4/JYP or the like, it does look like Amsouth is still taller- but only by a floor or two. pretty odd if you ask me. but then again, from the south, Vue is farther away than Amsouth, so the perspective affects the relative size of the projects too.

from a distance away, like I-4/JYP or the like, it does look like Amsouth is still taller- but only by a floor or two. pretty odd if you ask me. but then again, from the south, Vue is farther away than Amsouth, so the perspective affects the relative size of the projects too.

Isn't AmSouth on higher ground as well?

Isn't AmSouth on higher ground as well?

I stated in my previous quote that even with the height difference, I still don't think the Vue is currently as tall or taller than Amsouth. Unless it was a slope difference of 20-30 ft which it is not. Im glad its going to be 426' it just seem like where it is now and wheres it going, didn't seem to make sense

Archived