The VUE

Tim3167

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm...startin' to wonder....

There was that article from the sentinel awhile back that had the height at 407' and we all dismissed it.

News Article

It said: "A few blocks away, The Vue has reached about 45 percent of its eventual height of 407 feet, and the decisions on technology for the building have been made."

I think 426' is a bit high. I would check with your source agaiin

Capital Plaza is 230' tall. 5th3rd bank is between 200' and 230'. Vue is already more than 1 1/2 times the height of 5th3rd bank, which means it's at least 300' right now, at a minimum. with 10 floors left at 10' each, for example, that's at least 400', so, I think the 426' height is accurate. Remember, Vue is the farthest east tower of that height in ORL, so its relative height to other towers farther west is deceptive to the eye.

I know there was somebody on here who superimposed the remaining floors of the solaire before construction was complete. Can anyone on here take the top ten floors and cut and paste them?

Here's a crude photoshop for ya.

vueconstructionphotoshopja3.jpg

It looks pretty tall to me...

The elevation on the bottom of the penthouse units shown here on the 35th floor is 380ft. The remaining 46ft is from the bottom of the 35th floor to the top of the structure on the roof. That's straight out of the condo docs.

photo10.jpg

Just to keep the thread alive... too tall a bldg to fall to the second page of topics :)

vue-7-24-2006 3:02pm

07-24-06_1459.jpg

Since you are closer to eye level, maybe you can get a picture with the AmSouth and the Vue in the same shot. That seemed to be hot topic a week ago (re: which one is taller).

Since you are closer to eye level, maybe you can get a picture with the AmSouth and the Vue in the same shot. That seemed to be hot topic a week ago (re: which one is taller).

Not sure if this helps.. but here ya go..

07-24-06_1859.jpg

Take it for what its worth, but I was just informed that Vue has an additional 8 floors to go (its at 28 now) along with that roof parapet. Couldn't nail down an exact height but it is definetly taller than the O.C. Courthouse.

that's consistent with the 37 floor figure on orlandoskyscrapers.com. I don't even think Vue is as tall yet as Dynetech is slated to be. Vue hasn't reached 350' yet, right? Which is interesting to guage just how big Dynetech will actually look when topped off.

Archived