The VUE

Tim3167

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this project is so slow.  almost as alow as 55w.  I will be 85 by the time they top this thing.....  i almost don't even care anymore....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's just crazy :silly:

This thing moved forward without incentives and only broke ground about 6 months later than planed. Foundations take time to complete and it appears there has been no change at the site. Once it starts going vertical it will pop up quickly. It's your choice to not care, but I find it odd since as exciting as all the proposals are for downtown, this hole in the ground represents the only member of the 400 club actually happening right now.

It seems like a lot of people on this forum mistake a tower crane as a sign of "real construction". That being said there is no less work being accomplished without a large crane on site. A tower crane on average can costs anywhere from $20-25,000 per month once you include power to the crane, operator, etc. Given the current progress on this tower I would venture to say that a larger crane is all but useless. As stated in the earlier posts. Once the foundation is completely formed I think you will be amazed how fast this will go vertical.

This project is doing a excellent job of making progress. No city incentives! No increases in contract prices after signing! No switching contract units to lower floors! No talk about just doing demolition! No air rights negotiating! No adding additional floors to make more money!

They are doing an Excellent Job! :thumbsup:

I think the tendency is to get impatient, especially when there are so many proposals on the table right now. bic has done a masterful job of showing us what our future skyline will look like, so when we drive through downtown now and do not see that skyline yet, we tend to get impatient. Projects like 55W add to our disdain. In reality, it takes time for work to progress on any project even after construction begins.

The VUE has always been one of my favorite projects. I am glad that is it moving along and will soon go vertical.

I think the tendency is to get impatient, especially when there are so many proposals on the table right now.  bic has done a masterful job of showing us what our future skyline will look like, so when we drive through downtown now and do not see that skyline yet, we tend to get impatient.  Projects like 55W add to our disdain.  In reality, it takes time for work to progress on any project even after construction begins. 

The VUE has always been one of my favorite projects.  I am glad that is it moving along and will soon go vertical.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Will the rebuilding of New orleans and the subsequent demand for concrete derail any of our projects in Downtown O-town. i know the Vue is a go, but the price of building supplies is sure to be driven up by Katrina. Could the %%W and Dynetech projects be hurt by this?

There was just a sizable story on the 6:00pm local news (WKMG, CBS) about Metropolitan residents complaining about the noise from The Vue construction site. The contractors have a permit that allows them to work 24/7 but limits the decibel level to 65dB during the hours of 10:00pm to 7:00am.

There was just a sizable story on the 6:00pm local news (WKMG, CBS) about Metropolitan residents complaining about the noise from The Vue construction site. The contractors have a permit that allows them to work 24/7 but limits the decibel level to 65dB during the hours of 10:00pm to 7:00am.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I live at the metropolitan and I have heard some people complaining about it. My view is to the west so I don't have to worry about it but soon I'll have dynetech construction to complain about. I guess we'll have to deal with these "growing pains" for a little bit.

Archived