The VUE

Tim3167

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im an idiot. When I posted last night about the floor height, I was thinking for some reason that we were mistakenly calling this a 32 story building, when all along it has been 37. My bad, carry on :)

So then did you mean by your first post that this has 13 more floors to go or that it still has 8 to go and you just thought 28 + 8 = 32?

From VueOrlando.com's construction update:

28th Floor

July 31 , 2006

Workers have completed the building up through Level 28 and the parking garage up through Level 4. The glass windows and sliding glass doors are in to Level 10, and the construction of the interior partitions and finishes have been proceeding. In addition, as a testament to the safety program in place, the prime contractor (Turner Construction) has successfully logged more than 500,000 man-hours without a lost-time accident.

c1.jpg

From VueOrlando.com's construction update:

28th Floor

July 31 , 2006

Workers have completed the building up through Level 28 and the parking garage up through Level 4. The glass windows and sliding glass doors are in to Level 10, and the construction of the interior partitions and finishes have been proceeding. In addition, as a testament to the safety program in place, the prime contractor (Turner Construction) has successfully logged more than 500,000 man-hours without a lost-time accident.

c1.jpg

Beautiful shot

Brings a tear to my eye knowing that this is one of a lot more coming

Just beautiful

• 2 weeks later...

It'll be tall (for us, anyway) but it won't look that impressive architecturally. I still like the Courthouse best.

the courthouse will always be the best, but Vue is like the only "honeycomb" looking tower in ORL or anywhere north of Miami. It's very unique.

Funny, coming down Orange from south of Michigan St., Vue I don't think will be as tall as the courthouse from that vantage point even when topped off-- I checked it out today, and the Vue is 1 1/2 blocks closer. weird effect-- must be the elevation change.

Bravo tim3167, once again. You do a lot for this forum, we appreciate it.

In light of all the recent construction downtown it is hard to imagine that we are watching Orlandos second tallest building coming together (at least for me it is). Looks like its time for a little crane jumpin'!!!

I think in the end you can say what you want about Orlando but the bottom line is that we close the deal better than any other city in Florida (sans Miami). Meaning our towers that get approved, for the most part, get built.

P.s. I confirmed the final height with my own two eyes last week. It is 501'7" above sea level. Most surveys, on other projects, are coming in with the ground floor at rougly 70-80' so where are tracking 100% towards our original numbers :)

P.s. I confirmed the final height with my own two eyes last week. It is 501'7" above sea level. Most surveys, on other projects, are coming in with the ground floor at rougly 70-80' so where are tracking 100% towards our original numbers :)

I just checked a USGS map, the normal water level of Lake Eola is 88, the site of the Vue looks like 95+

So roughly 406 feet tall?

I just checked a USGS map, the normal water level of Lake Eola is 88, the site of the Vue looks like 95+

Sounds about right. Elevation at The Waverly is 103 ft (according to the building perspectus).

Could someone make a breakdown of the comparison of heights between a finished Vue and the OC Courthouse? What are the elevations, or elevation differences between the two buildings and what are each of their prospective heights from ground level? Why do I want to know? Because to me it seems like the OC Courthouse will still rise above the Vue. Obviously it could still be a shorter building, but that doesn't mean it won't be taller in real height over the Vue.

Could someone make a breakdown of the comparison of heights between a finished Vue and the OC Courthouse? What are the elevations, or elevation differences between the two buildings and what are each of their prospective heights from ground level? Why do I want to know? Because to me it seems like the OC Courthouse will still rise above the Vue. Obviously it could still be a shorter building, but that doesn't mean it won't be taller in real height over the Vue.

I think you are right. Like I said earlier, looking north from Orange past Michigan St., the cranes are around the height of the courthouse-- even from that angle, in which Vue is 2 blocks closer to the viewer.

Lets have an update again-- how many floors exactly is this going to have, 35 or 37(orlandoskyscrapers)? Also, the penthous deal as well-- is it included in the number of floors?

Bravo tim3167, once again. You do a lot for this forum, we appreciate it.

In light of all the recent construction downtown it is hard to imagine that we are watching Orlandos second tallest building coming together (at least for me it is). Looks like its time for a little crane jumpin'!!!

I think in the end you can say what you want about Orlando but the bottom line is that we close the deal better than any other city in Florida (sans Miami). Meaning our towers that get approved, for the most part, get built.

And don't look now, but Miami's really beginning to slip. A disproportionate number of their more distinctive projects are dead or thought to be dead, and Met 3 is stalled for now.

This puts our little burg on top in my view.

Keep in mind, these maps are old, the arena site (or near there) is shown as 'Sunshine Park'. The Courthouse looks like it's at about elevation 108, for what it's worth. Everything in this area of downtown slopes generally towards Fern Creek and what is now the Orlando Wetlands park.

Archived