The VUE

Tim3167

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bummer, so it is probably just over 400'.

coming down the 408 from EORL today, around Lake Underhill, I'd say this will be taller than BOA but shorter or equal to the Cthse, which is what we've been saying all along, I guess, from the change in elevation aspect of it.

Saw it again yesterday and still not impressed. They should be at least three floors below the final level of shoring with glazing. Still no paint, and no real signs of mechanical systems.

JRS1, going back to our discussion a couple of weeks ago regarding this and Verde, I have jsut decided there is no way I would proceed with the current team. Not after further review yesterday.

Guess we'll see.

Saw it again yesterday and still not impressed. They should be at least three floors below the final level of shoring with glazing. Still no paint, and no real signs of mechanical systems.

JRS1, going back to our discussion a couple of weeks ago regarding this and Verde, I have jsut decided there is no way I would proceed with the current team. Not after further review yesterday.

Guess we'll see.

do you mean the same team at Turner, or merely Turner?

All I can say is that they have moved up a few levels with the glazing since a few weeks back. Maybe they are rising so fast, the glazing team can't keep up.? maybe...

I mean Turner as a company.

Think back to the plaza. They couldn't form the concrete fast enough before all of the interior and exterior coordination trades were up their ass.

Watch Dynetech go up, even with the complex and changing floorplates, you'll see how quickly glass skin and interior trades coordinate their work. Keep in mind there's not a straight wall on the whole exterior past the parking deck.

I mean Turner as a company.

Think back to the plaza. They couldn't form the concrete fast enough before all of the interior and exterior coordination trades were up their ass.

Watch Dynetech go up, even with the complex and changing floorplates, you'll see how quickly glass skin and interior trades coordinate their work. Keep in mind there's not a straight wall on the whole exterior past the parking deck.

lets say they have already signed with Turner. If they decide to look elsewhere, couldn't that jeopardize the entire project ala 55W with delays and what not? I heard that Trump Tower Tampa is in limbo right now after switching between like 3 or so GC's. How does that work in terms of jeopardizing financing which might have already been secured-- is it a big factor if they were to switch (hypo)?

lets say they have already signed with Turner. If they decide to look elsewhere, couldn't that jeopardize the entire project ala 55W with delays and what not? I heard that Trump Tower Tampa is in limbo right now after switching between like 3 or so GC's. How does that work in terms of jeopardizing financing which might have already been secured-- is it a big factor if they were to switch (hypo)?

Remember Dynetech did the same thing, its not uncommon. The problem financially, is that the new G.C. often finds these big holes in the estimate done by the previous contractor (see: 55W, Dynetech, Trump). The delays mean higher costs, sure. But if your estimate, your quantity take-offs, and scope are off, then escalation becomes the least of your worries. This is how reduced aesthetic (sp?) designs occur. The new GC is forced to do a VE (Value Engineering) process in order to make the money back and cover the difference.

TTT has been having troubles for a long time. I posted that information on the other site a year ago and nobody so much as batted an eye. Guess we'll see, I dont see it going anywhere. That jackass should have built it here with a different developer and construction team.

Remember Dynetech did the same thing, its not uncommon. The problem financially, is that the new G.C. often finds these big holes in the estimate done by the previous contractor (see: 55W, Dynetech, Trump). The delays mean higher costs, sure. But if your estimate, your quantity take-offs, and scope are off, then escalation becomes the least of your worries. This is how reduced aesthetic (sp?) designs occur. The new GC is forced to do a VE (Value Engineering) process in order to make the money back and cover the difference.

TTT has been having troubles for a long time. I posted that information on the other site a year ago and nobody so much as batted an eye. Guess we'll see, I dont see it going anywhere. That jackass should have built it here with a different developer and construction team.

If it's not a B&G project your just not happy with it. Talk about aesthetic pleasing? What are your B&G boys going to do about the Plaza parking garage?

Archived