The VUE

Tim3167

it that site dead now?

There is something in the works for orlandoskyscrapers.com. I think you guys will like it. Just give me a few weeks. Someone else with some more technical expertise then myself is getting involved...Maybe he can share more information, as he is a frequent contributor to this site as well. I was also hoping to get BIC involved as well (Just e-mail me on the urbanplanet e-mail address). We might be able to make it so some of the main contributors on this site can add pics and data to it...I was kinda surprised how popular it got with over 1,000 hits a day.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is something in the works for orlandoskyscrapers.com. I think you guys will like it. Just give me a few weeks. Someone else with some more technical expertise then myself is getting involved...Maybe he can share more information, as he is a frequent contributor to this site as well. I was also hoping to get BIC involved as well (Just e-mail me on the urbanplanet e-mail address). We might be able to make it so some of the main contributors on this site can add pics and data to it...I was kinda surprised how popular it got with over 1,000 hits a day.

Let me know if you need a host. We might be able to work something out.

Sounds great. Good luck with everything. It really has been a nice resource.

Orlandoskyscrapers is a great site. I've always wanted to contribute tidbits of info here and there as I discovered it.

As for Vue, coming west on 408 at Lake Underhill, The Vue is almost as tall as the OC Cthse. from that angle. I think there are 2-3 more levels to go and then the Penthouse level on top of that. Once it tops off, it will be the king of Orlando from that angle.

Orlandoskyscrapers is a great site. I've always wanted to contribute tidbits of info here and there as I discovered it.

As for Vue, coming west on 408 at Lake Underhill, The Vue is almost as tall as the OC Cthse. from that angle. I think there are 2-3 more levels to go and then the Penthouse level on top of that. Once it tops off, it will be the king of Orlando from that angle.

That's cool. I have absolutely no reason to drive out that way, but I think I might take a spin towards UCF just to check that out.

JRS1 is right, I did it earlier this week. Its definetly taking it position well, I imagine as we see more glass go in it will continue to enhance its "dominance" of that area.

Funny thing about these buildings, and I often wonder if its just me, but once they actually start to take position, its hard to imagine the time before they were actually there. I quickly forget the gaps as they slowly get filled. I think that's what makes this site so great, as we can actually archive the progress, and remember what it looked like as we continue to look forward to the new projects at the same time.

JRS1 is right, I did it earlier this week. Its definetly taking it position well, I imagine as we see more glass go in it will continue to enhance its "dominance" of that area.

Funny thing about these buildings, and I often wonder if its just me, but once they actually start to take position, its hard to imagine the time before they were actually there. I quickly forget the gaps as they slowly get filled. I think that's what makes this site so great, as we can actually archive the progress, and remember what it looked like as we continue to look forward to the new projects at the same time.

You never know... maybe one day, some of these pics will end up in the History Center.

I am really missing OrlandoSkyscrapers.com, and i hope you guys get it back up and running. I can't wait to see the new site. Keep up the good work UPSDan. :thumbsup:

I did this drive last night coming home from the Airport, What a view especially against last nights dark sky! The VUE stands out like the monolith from 2001, all dark except for a string of incandescent construction lights.

Incidently, the radio station happened to just start playing Steve Miller's "Time Keeps on slipping into the Future..." :shades: Orlando has changed so much since the new millenium...

Welcome to the forum bucktown.

Just curious as to why your first post was in The Vue cosntruction thread. Are you looking to purchase a unit there?

While we're talking about, all other outside opinions aside it, looks good from all angles. Do we know what floor they are on currently?

Tim3167 sure can't wait for the 15th, we sure could use some of that awesome photography.

So then 6 more floors (worst case). 6 more plus penthouse and parapet (best case). If this is true, then this building is definetly going to clear the courthouse from all angles no doubt about it, it pretty much does already.

that photo is awesome. ok. they are working on the 18th level above the top-most loft or double-floored level. according to the model (photo of which I copied a year ago on this site-- can't remember where, though), there are 2 more levels remaining, then the penthouse/parapet on top of that.

Now, what I don't know, is whether they increased the number of levels from originally announced (35 to 37). I've seen both figures on this site and orlandoskyscrapers.com. I hope I'm wrong, but I think there are 2 levels left above this level, then the penthouse/parapet on top of that.

that photo is awesome. ok. they are working on the 18th level above the top-most loft or double-floored level. according to the model (photo of which I copied a year ago on this site-- can't remember where, though), there are 2 more levels remaining, then the penthouse/parapet on top of that.

Now, what I don't know, is whether they increased the number of levels from originally announced (35 to 37). I've seen both figures on this site and orlandoskyscrapers.com. I hope I'm wrong, but I think there are 2 levels left above this level, then the penthouse/parapet on top of that.

I can live with that. Two more floors, plus an additional two on the parapet is fine with me. From any distance the parapet will look just like the floors they are pouring now anyways.

Welcome to the forum bucktown.

Just curious as to why your first post was in The Vue cosntruction thread. Are you looking to purchase a unit there?

While we're talking about, all other outside opinions aside it, looks good from all angles. Do we know what floor they are on currently?

Tim3167 sure can't wait for the 15th, we sure could use some of that awesome photography.

No im not purchasing in the vue, I live in MetroWest/Varanda Park (which is not the safest place to be anymore) I just love this project and looking forward to it being topped off. Does anyone know the ground elevation difference between the O.C. courthouse and the vue?

No im not purchasing in the vue, I live in MetroWest/Varanda Park (which is not the safest place to be anymore) I just love this project and looking forward to it being topped off. Does anyone know the ground elevation difference between the O.C. courthouse and the vue?

I think it has been said that its between 10-12 feet. But, I was just thinking yesterday, what if the "official" height of the OC Cthse is wrong? What if its taller than emporis and other databases have it listed as?

I think it has been said that its between 10-12 feet. But, I was just thinking yesterday, what if the "official" height of the OC Cthse is wrong? What if its taller than emporis and other databases have it listed as?

The courthouse does look tall for its listed height to me anyways. I was driving back in town on I4 yesterday from deland and from the wesh news tower and on down the skyline looks great, that was my first trip westbound on I4 since the vue has been up and it looks great from that angle especially cuz thats its slender side makes it look deceivingly taller. There is a slight gap between the courthouse and the vue that when dynetech goes up will fill it in nicely giving that angles view considerable density.

The courthouse does look tall for its listed height to me anyways. I was driving back in town on I4 yesterday from deland and from the wesh news tower and on down the skyline looks great, that was my first trip westbound on I4 since the vue has been up and it looks great from that angle especially cuz thats its slender side makes it look deceivingly taller. There is a slight gap between the courthouse and the vue that when dynetech goes up will fill it in nicely giving that angles view considerable density.

Part of the reason the Courthouse looks taller is because of the gimmick they pull with the windows. Unline SunTrust or BoA, which have distinct, square, floor-by-floor windows, the Courthouse's windows don't clearly mark every floor. Instead, they're solid verticle stripes up the entire legnth of the building. It's exaggerated height is an optical illusion.

Part of the reason the Courthouse looks taller is because of the gimmick they pull with the windows. Unline SunTrust or BoA, which have distinct, square, floor-by-floor windows, the Courthouse's windows don't clearly mark every floor. Instead, they're solid verticle stripes up the entire legnth of the building. It's exaggerated height is an optical illusion.

I've often thought about the courthouse's windows reminding me of the same height illusion that One Atlantic Center (IBM Tower) and 191 Peachtree have in Atlanta.

One Atlantic Center

distant2.jpg

191 Peachtree

atlanta13.jpg

I used to live in the ATL, but I never noticed what has become a sore subject in the ORL: parking garages and surface parking lots. look at that photo of 191 Peachtree, which is in the heart of the CBD. look at the surface lot across the street and the garages kadi-corner [sic] to the SE.

As for height illusion, all those bldgs from the early 1900's and the ones emulating them-- post modern?-- have that window verticality thing going on.

I am a native of Orlando but currently reside in ATL--these building are actually tall. The illusion works in some cases, but not much is needed to give the impression of hieght for these building. For example, One Atlantic Center--one of the tallest in the city--does not really give the impression of being so. I actually think that the design takes away from its appearance of hieght, especially compared to the shorter surrounding buildings in midtown ATL. I work right across the street from it, but from a distance, it does not really impress with its' hieght. Nevertheless, the orientation of the courthouse does give the impression of hieght, and the balconies that will line the east and western facades of the VUE will really help to give this building a taller look. It will look really amazing at night.

Archived