The VUE

Tim3167

Part of the reason the Courthouse looks taller is because of the gimmick they pull with the windows. Unline SunTrust or BoA, which have distinct, square, floor-by-floor windows, the Courthouse's windows don't clearly mark every floor. Instead, they're solid verticle stripes up the entire legnth of the building. It's exaggerated height is an optical illusion.

Yeah that makes alot of sense, on the flipside i think BOA looks short for its 409ft listing i guess its because of those huge blocky windows, and maybe because of its tiered shape and wide base.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update from the Vue website. I'm sure this will add fuel to the height debate:

c1.jpg

The structure has been completed through Level 33 and now stands over 350 feet tall. The garage is following through Level 6 and will soon be transitioning into the amenity deck. One of the two large tower cranes was raised again to facilitate the completion of the tower structure while work continued in the building with windows, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing work, as well as some interior finishes.

Update from the Vue website. I'm sure this will add fuel to the height debate:

c1.jpg

The structure has been completed through Level 33 and now stands over 350 feet tall. The garage is following through Level 6 and will soon be transitioning into the amenity deck. One of the two large tower cranes was raised again to facilitate the completion of the tower structure while work continued in the building with windows, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing work, as well as some interior finishes.

this thing is definitely over 350' tall right now-- it looks taller than Solaire from the appropriate angles, Solaire being 357'. However, it still looks shorter than BOA. Question: is BOA's listed height accounting for the 4 spires on the roof, or does the height only go to the roofline?

great angle. I'd say its in the 370's at least right now-- maybe taller. It's twice 5th3rd's height right now, you can tell from Rosalind. So, if 5th3rd is only, say, 190' tall, then Vue is 380' right now.

this thing is definitely over 350' tall right now-- it looks taller than Solaire from the appropriate angles, Solaire being 357'. However, it still looks shorter than BOA. Question: is BOA's listed height accounting for the 4 spires on the roof, or does the height only go to the roofline?

great angle. I'd say its in the 370's at least right now-- maybe taller. It's twice 5th3rd's height right now, you can tell from Rosalind. So, if 5th3rd is only, say, 190' tall, then Vue is 380' right now.

Maybe they were saying over 350' on their website, because it is meant for the average person. They do say 'over' and realistically, the next big number is 400. Maybe they won't say 400 until they hit it/top out.

Gentlemen, I appologize as I have had drawings for a while now.

At the current floor the building is in fact at 350' on the dot. It looks taller, but its not. According to my drawings the final building height is 507' AMSL, minus 101' at the ground and you obviously come out to a finished height of 406'

However their architect, up until today was insistent that there is an additional 20 feet somewhere. Unfortunately, I had to cut our conversation short and there was no further explanation. At this point I am way to busy to look for it in the drawings but I will be out on site Friday and will have further clarification.

Gentlemen, I appologize as I have had drawings for a while now.

At the current floor the building is in fact at 350' on the dot. It looks taller, but its not. According to my drawings the final building height is 507' AMSL, minus 101' at the ground and you obviously come out to a finished height of 406'

However their architect, up until today was insistent that there is an additional 20 feet somewhere. Unfortunately, I had to cut our conversation short and there was no further explanation. At this point I am way to busy to look for it in the drawings but I will be out on site Friday and will have further clarification.

no crap?

well, as long as they finish up quick and begin on the Verde, it won't be so bad.

According to that article about the cranes, The Vue's are set at 380' and 420'. With that in mind, you can see that the shorter crane to the north is a few floors taller than the 350' mark they are currently working on.

To orlandonative, maybe the 20' is underground??

Must be, because I can't find it. I'll know everything 100% tomorrow.

According to that article about the cranes, The Vue's are set at 380' and 420'. With that in mind, you can see that the shorter crane to the north is a few floors taller than the 350' mark they are currently working on.

To orlandonative, maybe the 20' is underground??

380' and 420'. wow. I'm so used to these short bldgs. that these cranes look super tall. still, Vue looks taller than Solaire from I-4 near Washington Street overpass.

I'm getting very disappointed by the height of The Vue. I expected it to appear much taller. The Solaire appears taller than it is, The Vue looks shorter. At most perspectives from a distance Solaire and The Vue look like they're the same height.

Its an architectural illusion. If you notice from a distance it appears very tall. Up close however, it appears short. The balconies with heavy reveal chop up the vertical flow of the building. This is a common response from people when a tower has a slow skin delivery. Once the glass go in and fills the seams, it will transition north and south fine. Give it time.

Its an architectural illusion. If you notice from a distance it appears very tall. Up close however, it appears short. The balconies with heavy reveal chop up the vertical flow of the building. This is a common response from people when a tower has a slow skin delivery. Once the glass go in and fills the seams, it will transition north and south fine. Give it time.

I know you're right. I remember that with the Solaire too. When the glass went in it made it look taller. I'm really hoping the glass going in at the Vue will have the same affect.

Archived