The VUE

Tim3167

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be great if it is a pano from Eola to Parramorre.

Talking about that, I dont think I have ever go on any of the buildings downtown. The highest point I got to was the top floor of the parking garage next to the American Gladiator.

Orl'tive should throw a UP party on the top of one of this building.

I just drove west on 408 from UCF to Kirkman and the vue looks about 2 floors taller on the east side of town than it does from the top of my building in metrowest. I was a little bit worried about the new height listing but it looks great. It looked as if they were about 75% complete with that top penthouse level and from goldenrod to mills rd. it seemed to be about the same height as the courthouse and about 25 ft. taller than B.O.A. On the 408 coming out of the last toll booth before downtown the view of Star tower is really sweet giving a momentary illusion of density with suntrust looming over top of it.

On the 408 coming out of the last toll booth before downtown the view of Star tower is really sweet giving a momentary illusion of density with suntrust looming over top of it.

isn't that interesting... heading east on 408 (if someone else is driving), if you look back at DT, you get an even better view of that effect the Star gives to the skyline.

It will be great if it is a pano from Eola to Parramorre.

Talking about that, I dont think I have ever go on any of the buildings downtown. The highest point I got to was the top floor of the parking garage next to the American Gladiator.

Orl'tive should throw a UP party on the top of one of this building.

We need a rotating restaurant/bar like the Westin in Atlanta. 73rd floor and cheaper drinks than some of the pretentious places we have downtown on street level. Atlanta brewed draft beer was like $6 a pint.

The view from the top of the BoA tower is good, but as far as I know there is no bar and it sure isn't cheap.

No rotation, either.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm really beginning to believe this bad boy will be 426', just to eyeball it.

Er, maybe not. I just glance at it this morning while driving Colonial, and didn't think they'd started on the visor. But based on the photo, it's topped out. So, maybe it has fallen victim to Shrinking Orlando Syndrome like the other projects.

I'm really beginning to believe this bad boy will be 426', just to eyeball it.

Er, maybe not. I just glance at it this morning while driving Colonial, and didn't think they'd started on the visor. But based on the photo, it's topped out. So, maybe it has fallen victim to Shrinking Orlando Syndrome like the other projects.

Coming into Downtown from Colonial headed west, it looks every bit as tall as the courthouse.

Coming into Downtown from Colonial headed west, it looks every bit as tall as the courthouse.

I have to say that coming over Lake Underhill on 408, downtown is starting to look impressive. The Vue really making a big impact on the skyline. Solaire surprisingly is as well.

• 2 weeks later...

The Sentinel has a picture of the guys putting up the palm tree on top of The Vue. I looked online and couldn't find it, so you probably have to see it in the print version.

Yeah I saw that in the paper today and also on my way home driving by, it looks so small way up there!

I guess its part of the topping off ceremony.

Archived