The VUE

Tim3167

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me it looks taller than the suntrust in that pic.

here's a rule of thumb on that point-- unless I'm mistaken:

in these types of photos, look at the horizon; if the bldg. in the background is taller than the horizon, then the viewer (photographer on the roof of Vue) is probably shorter than that bldg. not an exact science, though.

The Vue is 406 feet tall, 10 feet shorter than the O.C. courthouse. It was said on this thread that 20 feet of the 426 foot height is underground, so that makes 406'

I don't know why they bother with the underground stuff. They never did before. And besides, it's just plain whacky.

I don't know why they bother with the underground stuff. They never did before. And besides, it's just plain whacky.

Or spires for that matter that aren't a significant part of the architecture. As for the perception of the Vue's height, how much of it is due to elevation? Rosalind/Magnolia seems to slope up toward the courthouse, and Robinson definitely slopes down toward Lake Eola. And what spot is the highest point downtown anyway? Orange/Colonial?

I'm glad you liked what I had to offer. One thing though, I like football and all, and maybe I'm a little old fashioned, but I don't much care for the Gator flag flying higher on the upper mast than Old Glory out on the jib. Or am I just getting crotchety in my old age...

2006-11-15_10-42-07.jpg

(edited for spelling error)

Or spires for that matter that aren't a significant part of the architecture. As for the perception of the Vue's height, how much of it is due to elevation? Rosalind/Magnolia seems to slope up toward the courthouse, and Robinson definitely slopes down toward Lake Eola. And what spot is the highest point downtown anyway? Orange/Colonial?

I can't access it right now PalmTree, but google earth has a feature that shows elevation as you drag the mouse of the map. That should give you your answer.

Ending up at 500 or less at the end of the season would make me want to puke. ;)

Whipp, your probably right. Maybe one day USC will give up their varsity high school schedule and play some real teams. Same with OSU and Michigan!

oh ok, thats good to know. i'll be sure and tell them to go ahead and schedule western carolina.

and btw, i ain't a USC fan, just so ya know :shades:

Archived