The VUE

Tim3167

Most cities restrict construction hours between 7 am and 7 pm when adjacent to existing residential.  Not sure why Orlando does not (honestly, I don't think they have thought about it yet).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

True, in that we've not had that much residential construction downtown to worry about the noise it creates. It's a happy problem. :)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most cities restrict construction hours between 7 am and 7 pm when adjacent to existing residential.  Not sure why Orlando does not (honestly, I don't think they have thought about it yet).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its not really enforced unless someone complains. Last year my dorm faced an alley where the property opposite was u/c. I woke up at 5am countless times to construction until I, and others, complained to our RA, who complained to the school, who then complained to the city.

Do people complain about fire truck or cop making too much noise during nite time or the train running thru downtown at nite or even the garbage truck come too early in the morning?

Anyway, the noise is prolly come from the equipment, dont think the Vue people would be stupid enough to drill in the middle of the nite.

Do people complain about fire truck or cop making too much noise during nite time or the train running thru downtown at nite or even the garbage truck come too early in the morning?

Anyway, the noise is prolly come from the equipment, dont think the Vue people would be stupid enough to drill in the middle of the nite.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I guess they complain because it is a constant nuisance rather than occasional such as police, trains, etc..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've complained about the City of Orlando garbage truck that stops at 530 E. Central every morning between 3AM and 5AM. My bedroom window is literally 50 feet from their truck and they drag that damn dumpster out, over the curb, then roll it down the brick streets and reverse the whole process

9/24/05 Vue Update

8d1eb166.jpg

I think this photo roughly puts into perspective the actual size of this building. What I mean is: if the tower was dropped into this picture (to scale), you would not be able to see the top of the building. Given the proximity of the lot to the lake, the unobstructed view (top to bottom), and the size of the building, it is going to look massive! With Dynetech literaly right next door, it will be interesting to see the towering affect that will take place around the lake. These are two very large buildings given their location.

Now the second Vue construction crane is much taller than the first but that is not at the 426 foot height that is proposed. When do they increase the height of the crane? Is it much later when they reach a certain workload capacity. I know i cant wait until they raise the Plaza's crane (s).

Now the second Vue construction crane is much taller than the first but that is not at the 426 foot height that is proposed. When do they increase the height of the crane? Is it much later when they reach a certain workload capacity. I know i cant wait until they raise the Plaza's crane (s).

I personally don't know to much regarding the construction schedule of The Vue. It's pretty hard to tell from the pictures at what floor the crane is currently at. My best guestimate is that it is about 15-17 stories now or about 200 feet give or take. That being said it they probably would not raise the crane until at least the 12th or 13th floor. Remember also in order to raise them they both need to be attached vertically to the building. At this point neither of the cranes even have hydraulic lifts attached yet either. I guess if you look at the top of the crane and double it's height you would begin to get an idea of the roof line. Pretty exciting if you think about it like that. The Plaza on the other hand will be able to jump the cranes whenever necessary. If you remember back two weekends ago, it took two days alone for us to attach the south tower crane to the building. Adding the segments is the quick part. The north tower will jump next.

Archived