The VUE

Tim3167

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something I whipped up real quick. Quality is a little weak, it was my first time messing with the video compressions for YouTube.

"Marty, forgive the crudity of this model, due to time constraints; materials....."

classic Doc Brown.

the video is excellent.

Something I whipped up real quick. Quality is a little weak, it was my first time messing with the video compressions for YouTube.

great vid! cool music...soundtrack info please?

the best thing about watching any videos on youtube about orlando right now is you still get the side option of watching more videos showing beyonce falling on her face at the "old-rena" :yahoo:

This is my "night light"

Yeah, one person at the Vue is going to be inconvenienced while everyone on the back side of the Metropolitan has to deal with the unshielded lights of the Vue's garage. I am over there every night and you almost need sunglasses it's so bright. It would have been nice if they installed them a little farther away from the edge/exterior walls of their garage.

note: is that supposed to "further" or "farther" :dontknow:

src="http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p82/s2j...truction001.jpg"

For however long the garage lights have been on 24/7 This is really nice change. I did notice all the exterior lights are off as well. Hope the garage is not just a temporary thing. I would be more happy some trees planted between our buidings to help sheild the sunlight bouncing off the white paint. it would be nice if they dressed up the garage like Universal does.

great vid! cool music...soundtrack info please?

the best thing about watching any videos on youtube about orlando right now is you still get the side option of watching more videos showing beyonce falling on her face at the "old-rena" :yahoo:

The song is Alberto Balsalm by Aphex twin. Thanks for the comments.

I was in the elevator with some construction workers in the VUE and they were complaining that the VUE was built for too tall people. They said the doors are tall some about 8' and that the electrical access panels are accessable only with the aid of a stool. Does anyone know if that's true?

Well, I think everyone liked the blue and green lighting they have used on the stairwell. And for something new... last night, it was solid red. Now, if they have the ability to change colors between Red, Green, and Blue... that's RGB which is the basic color scheme for most TVs and computer monitors. I wonder if they will have the ability to create any color of their choosing... hmmm.

Well, I think everyone liked the blue and green lighting they have used on the stairwell. And for something new... last night, it was solid red. Now, if they have the ability to change colors between Red, Green, and Blue... that's RGB which is the basic color scheme for most TVs and computer monitors. I wonder if they will have the ability to create any color of their choosing... hmmm.

As an Entertainment Lighting Designer I use RGB LED fixtures a lot and it is amazing that you can get virtually any color. If all of the units are addressed individually they could all be a different color. imagine how cool it would have been if we could have seen it walking around the lake, but the location of these lights wont get that much appreciation on the north side. I doubt they have it flashy because of the "cool" look of the rest of the buiding.

src="http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p82/s2j...d/BridgeLED.png" border="0" alt="Photo

Here is an example of these same lights being used.

This is a project San Antonio did to connect two areas that are split by a huge interstate. This would be cool to see under I 4 on church street

Sweet... that could be part of the cleaning up of Church Street beneath I-4 into the west side.

Oh nice..

It would look even better if the lighting of the roof canopy matched that of the stairwell. It looks a little strange to have such bright white lights at the top of the building and then a bright color running down the side-- at least in pictures anyway....I haven't seen it in person yet.

Driving down I4 you cant even see the color until you are in downtown then you are past the Vue and it is all over, theey arent doing it right, i would have but them above each flight shining down so you cant actually see the fixtures. Its ok looking better then not lighting it up at all but i think they could have done something a little different.

I just moved back downtown after a very, very long year in Winter Park. I am so glad to be back downtown.

Anyway, I have a great view of The Vue at night through some trees to look at that northern face of the building. I can see the lights from the sidewalk and it looks great.

Archived