The VUE

Tim3167

I was in the sales office today to sign an addendum to my contract for the storage unit and they said closings are Starting September 17, and they should remain on target. (although I think 9/17 is about two weeks late).

You might want to call them - I was on the phone with them today and was told they are moving Closings to October since they have so many people who cant qualify for mortgages. Be on the lookout for another fed ex package in the next few days. I dont know about you, but I'm sick of all the date changes and just want to move in already.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might want to call them - I was on the phone with them today and was told they are moving Closings to October since they have so many people who cant qualify for mortgages. Be on the lookout for another fed ex package in the next few days. I dont know about you, but I'm sick of all the date changes and just want to move in already.

What floor is your unit on?

What floor is your unit on?

I am on the 27th floor and they are telling me closing still will be in December. I got my mortgage commitment 2 months ago, but I know people will have a very difficult time getting Jumbo mortgages, and of course there will be many that wait until the last moment to apply.

I am on the 27th floor and they are telling me closing still will be in December. I got my mortgage commitment 2 months ago, but I know people will have a very difficult time getting Jumbo mortgages, and of course there will be many that wait until the last moment to apply.

I'm in a 2 story unit on floor 10. Anyone buy an additional parking spot?

I got two spots with my unit, but I did buy a 5X5 storage for $6263.

Didnt know some units were given 2 spots. Wayyyyy back in the day when I put my deposit down I was told 1 unit, 1 spot

which didnt make much sense for the units with more than 1 bedroom. I'm now the lucky owner of a 2nd spot that cant be

rolled into my mortgage because of how the Vue has it written in the contract.

Didnt know some units were given 2 spots. Wayyyyy back in the day when I put my deposit down I was told 1 unit, 1 spot

which didnt make much sense for the units with more than 1 bedroom. I'm now the lucky owner of a 2nd spot that cant be

rolled into my mortgage because of how the Vue has it written in the contract.

Attention Vue Owners - I just got an email with my new move in/closing dates. The email also states everyone will be receiving this information tomorrow via fed ex. Not sure who's in the boat with me but I'm really sick of the vue right now. They never have their story straight and its something different each day. I wouldnt be surprised if these dates dont move again.

Attention Vue Owners - I just got an email with my new move in/closing dates. The email also states everyone will be receiving this information tomorrow via fed ex. Not sure who's in the boat with me but I'm really sick of the vue right now. They never have their story straight and its something different each day. I wouldnt be surprised if these dates dont move again.

Is this your first new home (by new I mean Just Built)? This stuff happens all the time in my experience, even in single family homes.

Is this your first new home (by new I mean Just Built)? This stuff happens all the time in my experience, even in single family homes.

Yeah, even when I purchase post-conversion in the Waverly where no construction needed to be done, my closing, which was among the first, was delayed 2 weeks because their lawyers forgot to file the condo docs and the title could not be issued. However, delayed closings are probably the worst PR one can have because a home purchase is so emotional.

You would think with as bad as the housing and mortgage market is they would have there stuff straight and not want to tick people off, and out of buying their units, with so many of the sold units, that arent going to be closed on they should be bending over backwards to get you guys in there and telling the truth. But how long has it taken to build the thing and how many problems have there been along the way.

P.S. - good luck with the elevators ;)

You would think with as bad as the housing and mortgage market is they would have there stuff straight and not want to tick people off, and out of buying their units, with so many of the sold units, that arent going to be closed on they should be bending over backwards to get you guys in there and telling the truth. But how long has it taken to build the thing and how many problems have there been along the way.

P.S. - good luck with the elevators ;)

I agree - there have been a TON of problems along the way and that they should be bending over backwards getting people in the building already.

This too is my first home purchase, I put my deposit down 3 years ago. I just want to get in there and get settled before I get married and my fiance moves in.

The letter they sent announcing the delay was hilarious. They blamed the delay on the current mortgage market and thought it would be in the best interest of the buyers to delay their closing by 2 weeks. They made it sound like it has absolutly nothing to do with the building still being under major construction...They don't even have the exterior elevator down yet and they wanted to start closing next week. What a joke...I think the developers panicking to get everyone in by 12/31/07 so people will not walk and get their deposit back...

did they get their CO? That's why we kept getting delayed over here.

What is a CO?

The letter they sent announcing the delay was hilarious. They blamed the delay on the current mortgage market and thought it would be in the best interest of the buyers to delay their closing by 2 weeks. They made it sound like it has absolutly nothing to do with the building still being under major construction...They don't even have the exterior elevator down yet and they wanted to start closing next week. What a joke...I think the developers panicking to get everyone in by 12/31/07 so people will not walk and get their deposit back...

did they get their CO? That's why we kept getting delayed over here.

You got a letter? My unit is on 17 and I have yet to receive anything in writing. I wanted to drop a name from the contract and they said - sure - call Elaine - what used to be Parsons I think - now I don't recall what her married name is. I called twice with detailed messages with no response back. With financing the way it is, this is very shoddy treatment. Fortunately it seems to be working in our favor since the interest rates are trending down.

What is a CO?

You got a letter? My unit is on 17 and I have yet to receive anything in writing. I wanted to drop a name from the contract and they said - sure - call Elaine - what used to be Parsons I think - now I don't recall what her married name is. I called twice with detailed messages with no response back. With financing the way it is, this is very shoddy treatment. Fortunately it seems to be working in our favor since the interest rates are trending down.

CO - is Certificate of Occupancy - which I believe they are getting for each floor.

From what I've been told is that Closings are starting in October for floors 2 - 15. Maybe thats why you havent received a letter? I was directed to Elaine as well regarding my move in date. I had to call her twice as well (both with detailed messages) but she did call back.

Just a little FYI from The Vue - After you sign your closing paperwork you can hand carry anything you want to the building. Your move in date is when you get use of the elevator and loading dock for large furniture items. The time assigned to your move in date is for a 4 hour period.

[This is the same note for all of my picture posts today] I'm in town for a few days and today I went for a ride around downtown to see what's new. I took a few pictures as I drove around and the weather turned pretty crappy, so I'm not too proud of these shots...but at least you'll get an idea of what's happening.

img4976yt0.jpg

img4978ou5.jpg

img4984ak8.jpg

i walked around the vue a couple times this past week and it is actually progressing quite nicely...i saw it last wed and then again on saturday and it seemed like it had progressed slightly more on saturday ...is this the longest condo project yet downtown? it seems like some of the other condos around downtown are going up at such a rapid pace that alot of the other underconstruction condos that started way later then the vue will be complete right around the same time!

Archived