The VUE

Tim3167

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This picture reinforces my desire to tear down the Metropolitan and build a dense midrise in its place, adjacent to the white wall of the Vue.

Envision a building akin to this scale on the Met lot:

06.jpg

A perfect compliment to Lake Eola. One can dream...

Dude I feel sorry for those poor guys in the Met. Between the fire alarms in the VUE and the Met I'm about to go insane. I can't imagine what its like to be 1000 ft closer to the VUE and be IN the Met thier fire alarms have thier daily ring.

i walked around the vue a couple times this past week and it is actually progressing quite nicely...i saw it last wed and then again on saturday and it seemed like it had progressed slightly more on saturday ...is this the longest condo project yet downtown? it seems like some of the other condos around downtown are going up at such a rapid pace that alot of the other underconstruction condos that started way later then the vue will be complete right around the same time!

Yes The Vue is huge, it's also a huge "tunnel form" concrete building which is gonna be nice once you're moved in since you have thick concrete walls between you and your neighbors, and you and fire from your neighbors but unfortunatley it introduces a lot of problems to the construction phase of the building. Things like electrical outlets and conduits have to be put in place right where they're supposed to be when there is nothing there but rebar during the mayhem of pouring floors and then the walls are poured around them. The concrete companies who champion this type of construction sell it as fast and easy, in reality things get moved around and knocked out of place then set in concrete. Also each trade ends up with thousands of problems in implementing their set of blueprints because poured concrete isn't nearly as accurate as metal stud framing. Now everything has to be adjusted on a room to room basis and synchronized between the trades and with the architect because their measurements come from different control points and from concrete walls that are out of square and out of position 1/2" here 1 1/4" there. Many of the problems don't fully rear their ugly heads until everything is almost done and you put the toilets, cabinets, vanities and all that in.

Yes The Vue is huge, it's also a huge "tunnel form" concrete building which is gonna be nice once you're moved in since you have thick concrete walls between you and your neighbors, and you and fire from your neighbors but unfortunatley it introduces a lot of problems to the construction phase of the building. Things like electrical outlets and conduits have to be put in place right where they're supposed to be when there is nothing there but rebar during the mayhem of pouring floors and then the walls are poured around them. The concrete companies who champion this type of construction sell it as fast and easy, in reality things get moved around and knocked out of place then set in concrete. Also each trade ends up with thousands of problems in implementing their set of blueprints because poured concrete isn't nearly as accurate as metal stud framing. Now everything has to be adjusted on a room to room basis and synchronized between the trades and with the architect because their measurements come from different control points and from concrete walls that are out of square and out of position 1/2" here 1 1/4" there. Many of the problems don't fully rear their ugly heads until everything is almost done and you put the toilets, cabinets, vanities and all that in.

interesting post; helps lay folks like myself understand a little more about construction...thanks

The Light Strip On The Side Was Changing Colors Tonight. Drove By Quickly But Managed To Spot Of Course The Blue, Red And Green As Well As White And Purple.

I saw that last night: red-violet-blue-green-blue-violet-red...

now it makes sense. very visible heading west of I-4 around Princeton to Colonial exits.

For it's size, DT lights up very well at night... very well. think about it, the only casualty in recent years has been Wachovia losing the white neon.

No way.... I thought they still had it in June.

Well thats good info to know.

To bad its not the first weekend in Oct Ill actually be in town then.

No - they have it in OCT because the huge Gay Days thing in June kind of steals the thunder.... Typically pride parades are held in June but we're Orlando and we are so "special" we get a massive circuit party in June (Gay Days) and our own special pride day in Oct.

Last year's was huge! I'd say at least twice as big as anyone expected. Gay or straight it is a fun day downtown.

:)

This picture reinforces my desire to tear down the Metropolitan and build a dense midrise in its place, adjacent to the white wall of the Vue.

Envision a building akin to this scale on the Met lot:

06.jpg

A perfect compliment to Lake Eola. One can dream...

Is that on Boylston, Praha? I think that this building would look great on Rosalind, but that is very much what the Paramount is like on the southside of the Park. Once demand for property on the periphery of the park pushes rents to justify new construction I'm sure the Metropolitan will be replaced.

Is that on Boylston, Praha? I think that this building would look great on Rosalind, but that is very much what the Paramount is like on the southside of the Park. Once demand for property on the periphery of the park pushes rents to justify new construction I'm sure the Metropolitan will be replaced.

Unfortunately I think we are stuck with it for the long haul. To buy out all the residents at a premium (as well as dealing with the greedy hold-outs) will make the site untouchable for development. If they continue to defer maintenance; however, maybe the city can condemn it.

The Light Strip On The Side Was Changing Colors Tonight. Drove By Quickly But Managed To Spot Of Course The Blue, Red And Green As Well As White And Purple.

How bout some night pics with the lighting

How bout some night photos with the lughting

Does anyone have a closing date yet?

I received my closing date yesterday. They were supposed to call me because I work out of state but, well, you know the rest. I have unit 17 C2 and my walk through is 10/22, closing 10/29, and move in 11/12. This is going to be a pain - I work in the RTP in NC...

Furniture was going into the lobby yesterday. Looks nice!

Out of all the things to keep in line with the final renderings they chose the furniture. Its the exact color and design as everything in the renderings.

I received my closing date yesterday. They were supposed to call me because I work out of state but, well, you know the rest. I have unit 17 C2 and my walk through is 10/22, closing 10/29, and move in 11/12. This is going to be a pain - I work in the RTP in NC...

Good Ol' RTP I Miss It Used To Live In Raliegh.

Out of all the things to keep in line with the final renderings they chose the furniture. Its the exact color and design as everything in the renderings.

Good Ol' RTP I Miss It Used To Live In Raliegh.

Really? Which company? I work in I.T. with Fidelity Investments - They are establishing quite a presence in RTP. We've pretty much taken over Nortel 2 off of Chapel Hill Rd. We are building a new campus scheduled to open in 2010 I think.

There's a sign out today by the circle that says something about tenant inspection parking.

That's been out there for about a week. The sign on the buckhoist says congradulations VUE for a successful grand opening. Shouldn't the buckhoist be gone before they have a grand opening?

Archived