The VUE

Tim3167

That's been out there for about a week. The sign on the buck hoist says congradulations VUE for a successful grand opening. Shouldn't the buck hoist be gone before they have a grand opening?
No, there's already people moving in to the lower floors. It's been the plan all along to finish the first 15 floors and get them turned over to their owners with construction still in it's final stages on the upper floors. Eventually as people move in, especially around the buck hoist, they'll have to hold off starting construction work and running the buck hoist until later in the morning. The rest of the building is being finished and CO'ed in 5 floor banks which speeds things up quite a bit since everyone can focus their manpower on a smaller area instead of the whole building at once like it has been up until now.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is it disapointing?

Yeah....it looks exactly like the renderings. The coolest renderings (imo) were those with lights on through the building at night, which, we've still yet to see...so I'm still waiting. Otherwise, it has great mass, and from seeing it in person, looks pretty badass from the street, and fills up a huge hole...

My only reservation about the Vue was whether or not they would put in a water feature at the entrance. They did. The lights on the northern stairwell at night was never in the renderings. The building is somewhat boring in that it is pretty flat, but it is beautiful regardless. I like the way it dwarfs the 5/3 Bank building on Lake Eola.

My only reservation about the Vue was whether or not they would put in a water feature at the entrance.

I believe its a city rule that every new highrise in downtown Orlando must have some sort of a water feature as well as a sort of "crown" on top.

I just dont like the building what so ever, I like the hole it filled in the skyline and street, but thats exactly the reason I dont like it, its like the rendering I had better hopes for it and would look better when built. Even from street I dont like it, but hey thats what I think, Im surprised you guys like it everyone Ive talked to in person agree and think its a disapointment for Orlando.

Yeah....it looks exactly like the renderings. The coolest renderings (imo) were those with lights on through the building at night, which, we've still yet to see...so I'm still waiting. Otherwise, it has great mass, and from seeing it in person, looks pretty badass from the street, and fills up a huge hole...

Agreed. I wasn't liking it too much when the glass first started going in, but when they took the blue wrap off the balcony guardrails and a little of the color of the concrete portion of the building became visible to contrast the blue glass, the whole thing started to take on the look that it was designed for.

I like the dimensional proportions of it, I like the sleek rectangular shape and of course, the height.

It is a much needed addition to the downtown streetscape & skyline, and as time passes it will begin to look more and more like it just belongs there.

When looking west at that intersection from across Rosalind I can still see that ancient old filling station that sat there all those years.

Evertime I used to look at that place I'd think, "Man, that corner really needs a nice, tall high rise building!!!"

I have no idea how to start a new entry in this forum so I'm replying to this one. Inside pics from 17 C2 3 bedroom taken today. I close next Monday - God willing and the creek (Indians) don't rise.

<a href="http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/stanlowry/?action=view&current=8a501d75.pbr" target="_blank">http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/s...nt=8a501d75.pbr</a>

Those are sweet views

I have no idea how to start a new entry in this forum so I'm replying to this one. Inside pics from 17 C2 3 bedroom taken today. I close next Monday - God willing and the creek (Indians) don't rise.

http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/s...nt=8a501d75.pbr

Congratulations--looks great. I'm 10 floors up and have about 6 more weeks to wait!

Archived