The VUE

Tim3167

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea how to start a new entry in this forum so I'm replying to this one. Inside pics from 17 C2 3 bedroom taken today. I close next Monday - God willing and the creek (Indians) don't rise.

<a href="http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/stanlowry/?action=view&current=8a501d75.pbr" target="_blank">http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/s...nt=8a501d75.pbr</a>

Great Photos and congratulations, When do you move in? I am on the 23rd but have yet to receive a closing date.

Great Photos and congratulations, When do you move in? I am on the 23rd but have yet to receive a closing date.

My closing date is 10/29, move in 11/12. The bank is still jerking me around - 20% down 800 fico.

A year ago the same institutions were giving jumbo loans to people that couldn't qualify for a discover card.

My closing date is 10/29, move in 11/12. The bank is still jerking me around - 20% down 800 fico.

A year ago the same institutions were giving jumbo loans to people that couldn't qualify for a discover card.

I am going with a conventional first and a second from Chase. They seem to have been the most responsive. Pinnacle misplaced my paperwork and wouldn't return my phone calls--I guess they were too busy. I had a commitment back in August even with keeping my condo which I have since sold but it was difficult structuring it even with my 803 mid FICO score. I should be closing after December 1 (when FNMA and FHLMC announce the 2008 Loan limits) which hopefully the maximum conforming loan amount increases above $417,000. Chase will then increase my 1st and decrease my 2nd based on the loan limit changes.

congratulations! it looks great, we can count on u for nice aeriel shots.

is the bathtube same as the one the show at the showroom?

I haven't been to the showroom lately. My unit has a Jacuzzi brand tub. If I recall, the showroom has the overflow tub which is only in the penthouses. I hear they are reconfiguring some of the unsold units - don't know if it's true.

Sweet pad!

Thanks - the walkthrough was surreal. The west facing view was a lot better than I thought it would be. The Cyber cafe is awesome as is the gym. The gym across the street won't get much business from Vue tenants. I can't wait to see the unit at night!

I am going with a conventional first and a second from Chase. They seem to have been the most responsive. Pinnacle misplaced my paperwork and wouldn't return my phone calls--I guess they were too busy. I had a commitment back in August even with keeping my condo which I have since sold but it was difficult structuring it even with my 803 mid FICO score. I should be closing after December 1 (when FNMA and FHLMC announce the 2008 Loan limits) which hopefully the maximum conforming loan amount increases above $417,000. Chase will then increase my 1st and decrease my 2nd based on the loan limit changes.

I did the same thing. I got 6.25 on the first and 7.1 on the second. Not too shabby in this environment. I got the nasty surprise that hoa was not 563 as they told me originally but 768 - almost 40% increase! The taxes are going to be scary as well. Mine will be 900-1000 a month. Life in the big city.

• 2 weeks later...

Driving tonight I noticed that the lighting pattern on the north side of the Vue has changed. Instead of blue to green, its now goes from bottom to up one floor at a time, than changing into different patterns. The lighting really makes the building stands out, albeit not too eloquently.

How are sales going?

Are people moving in ?

Yes - I closed Monday on 17 C2. If you go to Orange County Property Appraiser site www.ocpafl.org - Do a Record Search on Plat Book/Page Block and Lot Book=9444 Page 3009 you will see all the closings. They are several weeks behind but there are 53 sales already as of 2 weeks ago. The view from my unit at is unbelievable - especially at night. I am very happy with my choice. It is quiet as can be inside. The bad news is they were still working on my unit. Financing has been, shall I say, interesting at best but it is behind me. I look forward to moving in later in the year.

I heard from the sales office that the Vue has the commitment from 2 restaurants to be open in early 2008. One being a "supper club" which will also provide room service to residents and will be a night club 3 days a week with a "Cirque" theme from a Canadian franchise and also a restaurant with a "Fifi's" style bakery/sandwich shoppe. The restaurant will also be able to pull our own wine from the resident's secure wine reserve. Does anyone have any additional information to confirm?

• 4 weeks later...

Tuesday, December 4, 2007 - 9:13 AM EST

Vue slated for March completion

Orlando Business Journal

Downtown Orlando's highest residential tower, the Vue at Lake Eola, has only 30 units remaining for purchase, developers announced Monday.

More than 100 buyers have closed on units and more than 50 residents have moved into units at the 36-story, $100 million tower, according to a news release. Developers Churchill Development Group LLC and Westminster Partners LLC plan to hold a grand opening celebration for the 375-unit building on Dec. 13, the release says.

Turner Construction also is expected to complete construction on the project by March.

http://orlando.bizjournals.com/orlando/sto...tml?jst=b_ln_hl

• 2 weeks later...

I was there until Dyer was done talking. Had a couple drinks and some cheesy tater tots. Nice view. The party reminded me of a few parties I've attended in Miami. One of the guys in the elevator working for the Vue said that there are only condos available on the 25th floor and 26 and up are still under construction. And of course the ones where the buckhoist runs, which he didn't mention. The art had just been installed... I think yesterday. Some of it was OK. The cubist stuff... I hate cubism. No matter how good the artist thinks they are being, it is just elementary. Just my opinion. Overall, I liked it. I wish I could have seen more of the place, but I had a meeting to attend at 7. Thanks for the champagne, though! Yeah, champagne and tater tots.

Archived