The VUE

Tim3167

I just got back from a jog. As I started my jog and about the same time you made your post, the truck was pulling out. The only thing left is the plywood stage or whatever they call the bottom platform.

On a side note... along my jogging path, I visited the Jackson side of Star Tower. They have a 1 story "waterfall" at the entrance/exit to their parking garage. It is nice, but seems like a waste being on that side of the building. Then again, it may be really nice in a few years if that side of the street gets built up around it.

I hope they have that section of the road cleaned up and open before the Citrus Bowl Parade. I see they have set up the VIP bleachers across the street already.

They have started the bleachers. That will probably be finished tomorrow or Saturday by the looks of their progress.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope they have that section of the road cleaned up and open before the Citrus Bowl Parade. I see they have set up the VIP bleachers across the street already.

I'm betting the road won't be opened for at least another month or two. They still have to demo out where the buck hoist was, complete hardscape/landscaping, and probably repave the road they've been using for the past two years. My guess is March before Rosalind is fully open.

Absolutely Beautiful. COngratulations. I will have to post some pictures once i close.

Thank you neighbor. I'm seeing more and more progress and new families moving in. Contrary to a handful of nay sayers, this place is really special. I look forward to meeting you! Peace be with you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I didn't appreciate this building until I stepped inside. The amenities and units are top-notch; glad to see this in Orlando.

Quick question: Is there still planned construction between this unit and the lake? (i.e. blocking the lake view) I seem to recall seeing it somewhere here on UP, but haven't been able to find the thread or the status of that project.

I didn't appreciate this building until I stepped inside. The amenities and units are top-notch; glad to see this in Orlando.

Quick question: Is there still planned construction between this unit and the lake? (i.e. blocking the lake view) I seem to recall seeing it somewhere here on UP, but haven't been able to find the thread or the status of that project.

I think this may be what you are referring to:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/or...,6000475.column

I think this may be what you are referring to:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/or...,6000475.column

What about my view at The Solaire if TT gets built??? Can I sue too?? This is too funny. They should have bought the air rights if they were worried. A 42 story tower would be sweeeet. Sorry about your view, live with it. Im going to have to.

What about my view at The Solaire if TT gets built??? Can I sue too?? This is too funny. They should have bought the air rights if they were worried. A 42 story tower would be sweeeet. Sorry about your view, live with it. Im going to have to.

I'm not an owner, though was considering it as a possible investment at some point in future, hence the original question.

Yes, it is. They just expanded their hours, too. They are now open for dinner.

The owners are the original owner of Thai Cuisine on Edgewater. Ate their for years, they are the best Thai/Southeast Asian hands down. I'm glad they brought their operation downtown. Stop by for a Thai Coffee during the midday, it will keep you running for the rest of the afternoon and evening.

Best fried rice (especially seafood fried rice) in town...hands down.....and i tried alot of places.

If its the one by the post office then its the one by me! I talked to the owner shortly after Christmas. They used the holiday to their advantage and closed the place for a week. They repainted inside and out and did some other renovations as well. When they reopened, they expanded their hours. I think it was perfect timeing with the VUE nearing completion and the Dynetech almost done. They will have a whole new kind of customers.....from the construction worker lunch hour to the VUE resident for dinner. Now if they could only fill the old Wireless Solutions storefront.

If its the one by the post office then its the one by me! I talked to the owner shortly after Christmas. They used the holiday to their advantage and closed the place for a week. They repainted inside and out and did some other renovations as well. When they reopened, they expanded their hours. I think it was perfect timeing with the VUE nearing completion and the Dynetech almost done. They will have a whole new kind of customers.....from the construction worker lunch hour to the VUE resident for dinner. Now if they could only fill the old Wireless Solutions storefront.

yes, that's the one...their curry was the best i ate ever in orlando area. I just do not know how they can cook it so fast. I remembered they told me they use fresh coconut milk and not from the can. I have to go donw there for dinner one of this nite. do they open weekend too?

yes, that's the one...their curry was the best i ate ever in orlando area. I just do not know how they can cook it so fast. I remembered they told me they use fresh coconut milk and not from the can. I have to go donw there for dinner one of this nite. do they open weekend too?

The chicken panang I had there last week was very good. They make it different than other places, they had two grilled chicken breasts sliced with the sauce underneath. There was a bit too much lemon grass for me, so next time I'll ask them to go light. The service was very friendly, but there was only one other couple there and they let their hormones rage in public despite the awkwardness to us. I wanted to shout, "GET A ROOM".

Archived