The VUE

Tim3167

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like they should be able to do that any time. They were doing the sidewalk at least a week ago. They probably aren't ready to repave the street. I imagine that is their responsiblity (financially at the very least).

poor Brix... if they would've just opened in a month or so instead of last year, I think they would've made it. looking forward to the new digs.

• 2 weeks later...

So i went into the Vue today, and i really like my house a lot more now. Walking down the halls and the building, it was almost like walking through a strile hospital, very boring. Some of the units had concrete floors that were painted not wood floors, and the concrete was not even smooth there were chips in it, and the railings werent very straight they were rusted looking and cheep. the fixtures were cheap which is fine that is urban but not for over 300k. The bedrooms were small and one of the them has no windows. The lofts look like raquetball courts very closed in. The one end unit i looked at was nice but paying 30K for blinds to cover all the windows does not appeal. And when you walk out onto a balcony you can see inside your neighbors rooms and walking down the halls of the end units you can see into your neighbors condos. The view is nice for now, until something gets built and the amenities are nice but the HOA fees are really high as well. I would rate this building as plain and over priced for orlando, and there was no one in the building i saw one other person in the building after touring it. If only they were cheaper it would be worth it, but i have the same style stuff in my house and it cost a lot less for me to do the house, and i was so excited to see it too :(

So i went into the Vue today, and i really like my house a lot more now. Walking down the halls and the building, it was almost like walking through a strile hospital, very boring. Some of the units had concrete floors that were painted not wood floors, and the concrete was not even smooth there were chips in it, and the railings werent very straight they were rusted looking and cheep. the fixtures were cheap which is fine that is urban but not for over 300k. The bedrooms were small and one of the them has no windows. The lofts look like raquetball courts very closed in. The one end unit i looked at was nice but paying 30K for blinds to cover all the windows does not appeal. And when you walk out onto a balcony you can see inside your neighbors rooms and walking down the halls of the end units you can see into your neighbors condos. The view is nice for now, until something gets built and the amenities are nice but the HOA fees are really high as well. I would rate this building as plain and over priced for orlando, and there was no one in the building i saw one other person in the building after touring it. If only they were cheaper it would be worth it, but i have the same style stuff in my house and it cost a lot less for me to do the house, and i was so excited to see it too :(

OK, either someone is a negative person or is full of sour grapes. I live in the Vue and have been in a good many of the units and I have yet to see an instance of a concrete floor. It either had to be something requested early on, or the person ripped up their wood floor. The railings are aluminum and glass, and neither of them are prone to rust. All plumbing fixtures are upgraded, but I have seen one light fixture in one of the lofts that does look kind of cheap, but all of mine were upgraded. My two bedrooms are 14X11 and 14X15 (both with windows). I cannot see in my neighbors unit unless someone dangles me from either of my balconies. My homeowners fees are are about $100 less than the Waverly (and I had a smaller unit there) and it includes cable, internet, gas and water, so effectively it is $250 cheaper. My views to the west from on of the upper floors are breathtaking both day and night (and I have no need to install blinds). Anyone who has seen my place has only paid the best of complements. The amenities include the cyber lounge with custom billiard table, service bar and 6 plasma TVs; the Media room with a 63" plasma TV with 12 leather recliners; the junior heated Olympic pool; tennis and basketball court; and fully equipped health club are second to none without question. I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I needed to off-set the negativity and inaccuracies of this post.

OK, either someone is a negative person or is full of sour grapes. I live in the Vue and have been in a good many of the units and I have yet to see an instance of a concrete floor. It either had to be something requested early on, or the person ripped up their wood floor. The railings are aluminum and glass, and neither of them are prone to rust. All plumbing fixtures are upgraded, but I have seen one light fixture in one of the lofts that does look kind of cheap, but all of mine were upgraded. My two bedrooms are 14X11 and 14X15 (both with windows). I cannot see in my neighbors unit unless someone dangles me from either of my balconies. My homeowners fees are are about $100 less than the Waverly (and I had a smaller unit there) and it includes cable, internet, gas and water, so effectively it is $250 cheaper. My views to the west from on of the upper floors are breathtaking both day and night (and I have no need to install blinds). Anyone who has seen my place has only paid the best of complements. The amenities include the cyber lounge with custom billiard table, service bar and 6 plasma TVs; the Media room with a 63" plasma TV with 12 leather recliners; the junior heated Olympic pool; tennis and basketball court; and fully equipped health club are second to none without question. I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I needed to off-set the negativity and inaccuracies of this post.

Actually both of you are somewhat accurate. First poster describes the 2 story lofts on the bottom floors, 2nd poster describes units on the upper floors.

The amenities include the cyber lounge with custom billiard table, service bar and 6 plasma TVs; the Media room with a 63" plasma TV with 12 leather recliners; the junior heated Olympic pool;tennis and basketball court; and fully equipped health club are second to none without question. I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I needed to off-set the negativity and inaccuracies of this post.

Tennis court huh, would love to give that court a try....speaking as an UP member and ex-neighbor at waverly, hint hint :whistling:

Actually both of you are somewhat accurate. First poster describes the 2 story lofts on the bottom floors, 2nd poster describes units on the upper floors.

I partially stand corrected. The second floor bedroom of the lofts have concrete floors and a metal railing inside for an "urban" feel. The first floor has wood floors. The units above the 14th floor were upgraded. The only lower level units I have seen are the studios which have full hardwood floors and are on a single level.

There is always going to be somebody that does not like it. I am also living in the building and can tell you that i have no complaints. With my lifestyle i prerfer to be in a condo and not a house. I moved from a house and have found that even with the association my expenses are a lot less now. I have been in and sold, multimillion dollar condo's in Miami and West Palm Beach and can tell you that The Vue holds its own.

P.S. I run into quite a few people on a daily basis around the building and have yet to hear anyone say they are unhappy with their move.

My views to the west from on of the upper floors are breathtaking both day and night (and I have no need to install blinds).

I've been on vacation for a week so forgive me if this is late but I too toured the VUE and the view from the upper floors are incredible but I'm going to have to agree that some of these units need blinds. Just before I left I noticed a couple of times while parked in the garage next to Metro Muscle that someone with a corner condo is a little too comfortable with being a handful of floors up. I know if I lived there I'd be a little more conscious of someone possibly being able to see me.

I've been on vacation for a week so forgive me if this is late but I too toured the VUE and the view from the upper floors are incredible but I'm going to have to agree that some of these units need blinds. Just before I left I noticed a couple of times while parked in the garage next to Metro Muscle that someone with a corner condo is a little too comfortable with being a handful of floors up. I know if I lived there I'd be a little more conscious of someone possibly being able to see me.

... like the people on the south face with the flat screen about half way up...

• 3 weeks later...

Last night, crews repaved Rosalind. They did the far left lane next to The Vue that was used for construction. It has not been opened and the other lanes have not been modified (paint) as of yet.

I noticed that just before 10pm. it is about time...

Lanes were shifted back to normal when I came into work this morning, it looked like they were putting the parking meters back on the east side of the street.

I drove that route a couple times this weekend and can't get used to not making that zigzag. After 2+ years of navigating that intersection, it's ingrained in muscle memory. It's scary how you can drive a familiar route without thinking about it until something different like lane shifts make you more alert.

• 2 weeks later...

30K for blinds? Where did this number come from? I have a C2 and motorized blinds throughout were 20K

Archived