Q & A with Tom Turner

doormanpoet

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmmm, that rules out the signature since he said it hadn't been announced. wonder what it could be.

How do you figure?

I understood that to mean that the construction has not yet been announced. That is certainly the case with the Signature, is it not? As far as I know, no on has yet announced that it will in fact be built....

Maybe they have already decided that it will be built... just haven't announced it yet.

How do you figure?

I understood that to mean that the construction has not yet been announced.  That is certainly the case with the Signature, is it not?  As far as I know, no on has yet announced that it will in fact be built.... 

Maybe they have already decided that it will be built... just haven't announced it yet.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i took it as him saying that something was going to go up that hadn't been announced previously. you're right though, no one has announced that the signature will in fact be built yet. if he was talking about the signature though, then i'm excited.

My guess is another residential tower, ala Viridian.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It would be awesome if it was in that open lot between 5th and Capitol Blvd (where CC2 was supposed to go)....it would be nice to see a tower go there.

It would be awesome if it was in that open lot between 5th and Capitol Blvd (where CC2 was supposed to go)....it would be nice to see a tower go there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

First post here, so please excuse.

I overheard coworkers at my downtown office saying an employee of the Sports Page Restaurant on Union Street told them they were closing because the building was sold to a developer who wants to build some condos. He also said it included the Hallmark Card Shop on the corner of Fifth and Union. The soup restaurant in that block of buildings is now closed and it appears that Satsuma Restaurant was closed. The one four story building in that block on fifth is beautiful however and it would be a shame to lose it. Hate to lose one of the only retail shops (Hallmark) downtown, though.

If so, this could be the one Turner is hinting at. All the buildings are non-descript 2-3 story buildings that would not be suitable for conversion. So I would suspect some sort of high rise would be erected there to make money off that expensive real estate. I wonder how high if would have to go to be feasible?

Anyone heard anything about this?

Archived