other than Atl best skyline in GA.

jervais

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jungletobacco, can you find any pics of whole medical district? Perhaps with The Medical College of Georgia, The VA hospital, and those pair of commie-block apartments included?

It would also be interesting to see the "mini" skyline of Summerville with the Bon Air apartments, the Partidge Inn, and the George Walton Condos.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh man, you're actually forcing me to be an Augusta booster. :) If by skyline you mean highrise buildings collected together to form a cohesive whole then.......Augusta is the best. We have three 15+ story buildings within 3-4 blocks of each other. We have also have many 10+ story buildings scattered all over our downtown, not to mention what is in our medical district and even a couple of the buildings in Summerville.

Besides, coming from Atlanta I thought you would be a little more appreciative of spread-out skylines. :shades:

In terms of number of buildings over 10 floors, Augusta wins. The central part of Downtown itself has at least 9-10 buildings that I can think of with 10 floors or more. 2 more will be on the way when the twin Watermark condos are started.

The thing about Augusta is that it is hard, almost impossible to get a good shot of Downtown. Some of the buildings, (like the 11 floor Suntrust and the 17 floor Lamar building, and the 9-10 floor Marion building) look to be just one building when taken from some angles.

Looking at it from this perspective, Macon probably does have a better looking skyline because its buildings are closer yet spaced nicely. In no way does Athens compare to Augusta though.

Archived