Vistas On The James

wrldcoupe4

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coup, I'm eagerly looking forward to your pics from yesterday, but please tell me how to access the "pictures section".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Burt, I imagine he'll just post them here on this thread. There is no "picture section" of this site that I'm aware of.

lol there is a thread called Richmond In Pictures in the Richmond forum :) I should be posting them shortly

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Crap! I must have missed that portion of the forum. Sorry Burt, I stand corrected! What a goof I am! :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

Don't like being negative, but it looks very bland and unimaginative.  The Riverbank deserves better than that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I totally agree with you on that Burt. It looks less asthetically pleasing than the residential tower at ROTJ. They could have come up with something a lot better than that. I'm not a negative guy either, but this design doesn't look too good...maybe in color it will look better? :unsure:

I totally agree with you on that Burt.  It looks less asthetically pleasing than the residential tower at ROTJ.  They could have come up with something a lot better than that.  I'm not a negative guy either, but this design doesn't look too good...maybe in color it will look better?  :unsure:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, i was about to say you really can't tell a thing from a black and white rendering. Coloring may just make that building come alive.

I really like this tower, it looks much better in color  :) .

Vistas on the James

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the updated link to this project, Vdogg. I do have to say that the color version of this project rendering is a heck of a lot better than the black and white version. The web site is really cool and indicates that there will be 18 floors (really 17 because there will not be a 13th floor). Anyway, I think it is quite ironic that the building is called Vistas on the James and advertises superior views from this building when it's only 17 stories high. It really needs to be taller to be the ultimate "vista" if you ask me, but that's just my honest opinion. By-the-way, it's a pet peeve of mine when people pronounce the word "vista" wrong...it's really pronounced "veesta" (with a long "e" sound instead of the short "i" sound). I'm sure if I were in Richmond right now, my ears would be screaming because I'm sure that the media has slaughtered this word by pronouncing it "vista" with a short "i" sound. Anyway, I'll step off my soap box now. :)

The website is really encouraging. It is by far the most professional site for any Richmond development thus far. Check out the floor plans, a lot of work went into this site.

The building looks good I think. It looks residential, blends well with other high-rises on the skyline and the ground floors reflect the area building style. It will work well with La Dif, 1st Market Bank and Lady Byrd. I give it an A. I would love to see height in Richmond, but not here. It would block the rest of the city from the south.

hey sorry I havent been around the past few days...I really like the look of this in color. Also, the great views are given because every condo facing the river will have an awesome riverview (since there are multiple parking levels). From the views on the site, they really are spectacular from every angle. Lot of effort in the website too. I'm excited about this project!!!

This is from part of a press release I found on the Vistas website. There was no link to the exact page but the site is here

It points out a key element of this project which is that the condos are still affordable to many people with prices starting in the mid 100's. Also, the building may in fact be 18 stories due to the fact that the lowest floor where retail will be focused will front the canal walk which is below streetlevel at the building. Also good to know that construction will begin this fall for delivery in january of 2007......

"DANIEL CORPORATION ANNOUNCES PLANS FOR A 168-UNIT HIGH-RISE RIVERFRONT CONDOMINIUM DEVELOPMENT IN DOWNTOWN RICHMOND ALONG THE CANAL WALK

Downtown Richmond

I just noticed this article...pretty much reiterates everything on the website for Vistas. I'd like to know what kind of height this thing will have....

More condos in works

Demand downtown prompts new complex overlooking the James

BY CAROL HAZARD

TIMES-DISPATCH STAFF WRITER

Jun 5, 2005

Demand for condominiums overlooking the James River in downtown Richmond was so strong that a new complex is about to rise......

........The high-rise will be at the end of Virginia Street near the Canal Walk's Turning Basin.

Prices will range from $140,000 to $595,000 for one- and two-bedroom condos with 10-foot ceilings, floor-to-ceiling windows and balconies.

Construction on the $50 million project will begin in October with completion aimed at the first quarter 2007.

"We wouldn't be doing this if we didn't have a lot of activity from Riverside on the James," said Andy Andrews with the Daniel Corp., the developer.

Condos at the nearby Riverside on the James, a mixed-use development, are sold out. Riverside opens next month.

Birmingham, Ala.-based Daniel built Riverside as well as the nearby Riverfront Plaza towers.

Vistas on the James will have 165 units on floors six through 18, ranging from 729 square feet to 1,557 square feet.

Secured parking will be on the first six floors.

The complex will have a fitness center, club room, ground-level storage and concierge service. Fees will be approximately $250 a month......"

article

Archived