Vistas On The James

wrldcoupe4

Dan, I would suggest you ask specifically about sound-proofing since two rail lines (one with fairly heavy traffic) run adjacent to the structure.

You won't find a more scenic urban view from any high rise in Richmond than you'll get from Vistas, and it's within a block or two of Shockoe Slip and close to the up and coming entertainment district on Broad street; also within walking distance of Shockoe Bottom which, more than likely, will undergo a $350 million development including a new ballpark for the AAA Richmond Braves. For walkers, it is important to note that downtown Richmond is a city of hills and, unfortunately, there are no cable cars!!

I believe every unit is sold out and that there is a long waiting list at Vistas, but I'm pleased that you are interested in Richmond. Visit often. :)

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dan, I would suggest you ask specifically about sound-proofing since two rail lines (one with fairly heavy traffic) run adjacent to the structure.

You won't find a more scenic urban view from any high rise in Richmond than you'll get from Vistas, and it's within a block or two of Shockoe Slip and close to the up and coming entertainment district on Broad street; also within walking distance of Shockoe Bottom which, more than likely, will undergo a $350 million development including a new ballpark for the AAA Richmond Braves.

For walkers, it is important to note that downtown Richmond is a city of hills and, unfortunately, there are no cable cars!!

I believe every unit is sold out and that there is a long waiting list at Vistas, but I'm pleased that you are interested in Richmond.  Visit often.  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I live here which is why I'm asking?! Thanks for the information. I thought maybe someone else posting had already gotten information which he or she could share.

• 3 weeks later...

Well Richmond.com had a story on Vistas today. Seems like ground will be broken in October and it will be finished in March of 2006.....That is an awfully quick construction time. WOW. That might even be a typo.

"The new tower, which will sit on just .67 acres of land, will feature one- and two-bedroom condos, ranging in size from 729 to 1,557 square feet. Andrews said many of the units have already been reserved. They range in price from $130,000 to $590,000.

Half of the condos offer views of the James River, and the other half offer views of the city's skyline."

Read the whole article:

Movin' On Up: Vista on the James will add 168 condominiums

Well Richmond.com had a story on Vistas today. Seems like ground will be broken in October and it will be finished in March of 2006.....That is an awfully quick construction time. WOW. That might even be a typo.

"The new tower, which will sit on just .67 acres of land, will feature one- and two-bedroom condos, ranging in size from 729 to 1,557 square feet. Andrews said many of the units have already been reserved. They range in price from $130,000 to $590,000.

Half of the condos offer views of the James River, and the other half offer views of the city's skyline."

Read the whole article:

Movin' On Up: Vista on the James will add 168 condominiums

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, now they say 18 floors. We'll see.

It would be nice if Daniel Construction took a cue from Sun Trust and built gardens on their flat roofs. :)

WOW MORE GOOD NEWS!! Ryan R on RCW heard this from a coworker about Vistas. The developer was so happy with the response it received from The Vistas project that it a second tower is already being planned to accomodate the 300 extra people that were unable to get into Vistas. No timeline yet, no location either, but we should be waiting for another condo tower that could hold as many as 300 condos!

WOW MORE GOOD NEWS!! Ryan R on RCW  heard this from a coworker about Vistas. The developer was so happy with the response it received from The Vistas project that it a second tower is already being planned to accomodate the 300 extra people that were unable to get into Vistas. No timeline yet, no location either, but we should be waiting for another condo tower that could hold as many as 300 condos!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

All I have to say is...WOW! The news lately has been quite awesome! I love it!

WOW MORE GOOD NEWS!! Ryan R on RCW  heard this from a coworker about Vistas. The developer was so happy with the response it received from The Vistas project that it a second tower is already being planned to accomodate the 300 extra people that were unable to get into Vistas. No timeline yet, no location either, but we should be waiting for another condo tower that could hold as many as 300 condos!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If demand is that high, why don't they just make the first tower taller?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know that they're interested in the Alcoa building at 11th and Byrd streets (as well as the one on 12th and Byrd) that covers the canal near the old 13th street bridge. Officially, Alcoa has no plans to sell, but there are a number of developers (including Daniel) lining up to make offers. With the amount of money Daniel has pulled in over the last few years, I wouldn't be surprised to see them make a strong push to buy that site, especially after they break ground on Vistas and collect money for the condos. It would be the perfect location- a link between ROTJ and Vistas.

In other Vista news, Daniel is currently meeting with general contractors interested in GCing the Vista site. Leading candidates are Brasfield & Gorrie (the company that GCed ROTJ) and the company that GCed the nature center at Maymont (they're meeting with Daniel within the next week). Nothing huge, I know, but I figured you all might be interested.

wow first of all welcome to the Richmond forums. Thanks for the awesome insight! That is great to hear. I was just talking about the Alcoa site in the Richmond Development thread. IT's awesome to hear that developers are finally preparing to make offers on the site. Hopefully, Alcoa will sell, but also relocate within the Richmond region. I can't wait till Vistas breaks ground; very cool that they are speaking to GC's for the project. Very awesome news! Thanks, the past couple days have been awesome. Any other tidbits are always welcome!!!

wow first of all welcome to the Richmond forums. Thanks for the awesome insight! That is great to hear. I was just talking about the Alcoa site in the Richmond Development thread. IT's awesome to hear that developers are finally preparing to make offers on the site. Hopefully, Alcoa will sell, but also relocate within the Richmond region. I can't wait till Vistas breaks ground; very cool that they are speaking to GC's for the project. Very awesome news! Thanks, the past couple days have been awesome. Any other tidbits are always welcome!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What does GC'd mean? General Contractor?

Whatever happens at Alcoa, I think (and always have) that the two canals MUST be connected. There are ways of doing it (I suggested a boat lift). :rolleyes:

Archived