Vistas On The James

wrldcoupe4

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Not extremely important or anything, but I thought you all would like to know that they've put up the Vistas on the James sign in the Turning Basin.  I'll bring my camera to work and grab a pic sometime this week.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You know, I was downtown for a meeting today and I actually drove by the site. Happened to bring my camera along and I snapped a pic :whistling:

However, do feel free to take a pic! of anything!

• 2 weeks later...

Wilder getting Riverside addressWell we know at least one of the new residents of Vistas on the James. It's our very own, Mayor Douglas L. Wilder.  :)

[url=http://www.timesdispatch.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=RTD%2FMGArticle%2FRTD_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1031784648585&path=%21news&s=1045855934842]

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And the waiting list grows! I think it's about 136 now. Wonder if Centennial is getting inquiries from potential tenants - also The Residences at The John Marshall? And do we know anything new on M&R?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm wondering when groundbreaking should be at the site? I'm getting impatient... the website says the "anticipated live date" for the video feed in September, but I feel like we won't see real work until October.... It's only less than 2 weeks away but still. I can't wait to see Vistas start rising :)

I don't have as much of a bravura feel about Daniel Construction as do some. They, after all, lopped off Riverside's roofline, and Vistas' renderings do not thrill me, despite Mr. Wilder having booked space there. $50M is not THAT much of an investment. Think CENTENNIAL at $175M.

well I'll agree that Vistas isn't a jaw-dropper, but that said, it's not a bad looking building. More importantly, it is an excellent use of space and it will do wonders for the canal walk as it opens up directly on the Turning Basin. Combine that with the lady bird and the Turning Basin will be bustling. I'd like it to be a little taller but given the height restriction on the site, 18 floors aint so bad :thumbsup:

Archived