Vistas On The James

wrldcoupe4

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my only hope is that it doesnt have that damn boxy thing on the top....and I still think it's a shame the roof isn't used for something unique like a pool or garden or place to have small functions for residents.... it could at least be a green roof....

If we are gonna have flat roofs, might as well utilize them eh?

• 3 weeks later...

:yahoo: Vistas breaks ground today!!!!! :yahoo:

In less than 2 years, we'll be able to look at this instead of a vacant lot!

Vistas%206%20Larger2.jpg

Another Daniel's flat-top. But, it IS better than an empty lot. How come Daniels has a lock on most high rise apartment construction in Richmond?

Thank God for Goodstein, and let's pray there is some architectural hope from Bow Tie and maybe Jemal.

I'm not sure why Daniel is the main company doing the high-rise development downtown... you'd think that other companies would play ball. Maybe they just haven't stepped up to bat yet? (bow-tie, goodstein, in manchester, the ethyl property?)

There's definitely demand for highrise living downtown... I know Vistas' 168 units were reserved in like 4 or 5 days and there was a loooooong waiting list.

I'd like to see highrise development in Manchester. I heard that a developer was planning a large tower there but doesn't have the financing to go through with it. The southern states silo property is excellent for multiple towers.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing Vistas rise, even if it has a flat top :) Its function will do wonders for the area it is in.

I think though, that Richmond could use some more challenging architecture. Stuff that really pushes the limits. Maybe even a spire or two :lol:

Archived