New Pics around S Charlotte

First, be sure to check out my new SouthPark pics - which includes Joseph-Beth Booksellers.. Here

p10100458px.jpg

I'll begin with this... E Home Pl in South Charlotte. The picture speaks for itself. (Even though the drive was 'private' - we drove down it anyway)

p10100430gc.jpg

One one side was a meadow and then some shrubbery and woods which leads up to Providence Plantation behind it

p10100444ih.jpg

On the other side, a nice house on a lake.

p10100278jx.jpg

Next, Harris Teeter at the Shoppes at Piper Glen, which is scheduled to close 5/24/2005

p10100262tv.jpg

Our tour continues to the Promenade (I-485/Providence/Ballantyne Commons)

p10100172ah.jpg

Lowe's Food's at The Promenade on Providence, Construction I

p10100180bc.jpg

Freshmart, Lowe's Foods is coming to a location where there are 5 Harris Teeter's in a 3-mile radius

p10100194ee.jpg

More Construction at Lowe's Foods

p10100211py.jpg

And again

p10100224pm.jpg

Green tarp [and orange barrels], a familiar sight in South Charlotte

p10100208kh.jpg

The Promenade's roundabout

p10100247fg.jpg

p10100252zn.jpg

Some of those sprawlburb chain restaurants.. lol

and this pic i forgot to add to the SouthPark page:

p10100420bp.jpg

hope you liked it.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's the story on that first picture?  Whose property is it?  Why was tax money used to pay for it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's in Matthews' city limits.. but I don't know whose tax money was used.. apparently ours

I looked up on the Char-Meck tax website to see the owner

I don't want to give the names on here but you can look it up http://meckcama.co.mecklenburg.nc.us/relookup/ just search Home Pl, Matthews doing an address search and it's the first 2 addresses.

MC134034.JPG

this driveway leads to the house across the lake in my picture

MC134105.JPG

the other house on the private drive

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Matthews,+NC...10664&t=k&hl=en

A google satellite view -- look at the road parallel to the lake (south of it), that's the private drive leading up to the houses on the right

Providence Country Club? My parents live around there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, I live in between McKee, Providence, and Kuykendall, across from Providence Plantation in a subdivision called Linden Oaks, which you can get to through Providence Forest, South Hall, Providence Arbors, Sarah Hall, etc.

No, I live in between McKee, Providence, and Kuykendall, across from Providence Plantation in a subdivision called Linden Oaks, which you can get to through Providence Forest, South Hall, Providence Arbors, Sarah Hall, etc.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I didn't know you could get to Linden Oaks through Providence Arbors and South Hall.. I didn't realize it all connected back there. (i live in Plantation)

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Matthews,+NC...10664&t=k&hl=en

A google satellite view -- look at the road parallel to the lake (south of it), that's the private drive leading up to the houses on the right

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This picture shows what is wrong with American cities in general.... disordered sprawl. (sorry, my rant)

Funny sign though. I wonder why the homeowner didn't tear it down or something.

That means there are two Promenade strip malls in Charlotte.  The other is at Harris Blvd & N. Tryon.  Now improved with Phase II!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yup, it can be confusing.

The one in n Charlotte is called "Grande Promanade"

and the one in S Charlotte is called "Promenade on Providence"

but both have the word promenade in them.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived