Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zissou

Emporis

Does anyone have any access to Emporis? I was on the site and saw that there were 9 proposed high rises for Detroit and 2 approved. I was wondering if anyone had access to this information.

I'm one of the editors and researchers for Michigan cities. The proposed buildings are two Harbortown towers, the Greektown Hotel, University of Detroit - Mercy proposal, Central United Methodist Apartments Tower, Woodward and Monroe Block, and two proposals that should probably be removed and added to the never built or stale proposal categories.

Thanks for the info. How close are the UDM and Church apartment tower to becoming actual buildings? Im assuming that the Monroe and Woodward block proposals remain the same as the original renderings for Campus Martius.

Those four proposal in particulars are still conceptual in nature. There is nothing solid, and all are dependent upon the downtown office and residential market over the next few years.

Let us not forget though, that high-rise construction doesn't always equate to a city being healthy overall. Detroit has added hundreds of units or new housing to it's central area sense 2000. The demand for high-rise living will hit Detroit soon enough.

Let us not forget though, that high-rise construction doesn't always equate to a city being healthy overall.  Detroit has added hundreds of units or new housing to it's central area sense 2000.  The demand for high-rise living will hit Detroit soon enough.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hope so. Monroe block is screaming for that kind of development.