UP Providence Forum Meet

Cotuit

UPlogo.jpg

UrbanPlanet Providence Forum Meet

OK, there's been some discussion about having a forum meeting in-person. So I'm making it official, let's plan the thing.

Any preferences on when, where, why, how, who???? I've got some busy weekends coming up personally, so if we want to do this in the next several weeks, It'd be easier for me to meet in the evening during the week. I know there are a few people out of town, I think Rechia is still at school, I'm not sure if pdxstreetcar is heading back to Portland for the summer or not... Some members are under 21 so we can't meet in a bar, but maybe one of the places from the outdoor thread would be good.

If there's a good turn out we can try to do a regular thing. If there's a really good turn out there's the chance of trying to get some guests speakers. Herb Weiss has already offered to give a tour of Pawtucket to us, so if we have interest I can re-ask him about that. I know the Detroit group meets semi-regularly, and check out what the Grand Rapids, MI peeps have been up to!

So, what do you all want to do?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If meetup plans get posted, does anyone mind if a Worcester guy drops by? Worcester doesn't seem to have its own home on UP like Providence does  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

NO WAY, NO WORCESTER PEOPLE!! :angry:

:P Kidding, of course Worcesterites can come. :)

Almost anytime works just swell for myself however maybe not the very start of june becasue I will be moving downtown.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Didn't you know we're having the meeting on your roofdeck? :lol:

That'd be cool.  Where were you thinking of meeting seriously?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know, got any ideas? Maybe Bella Vista at WaterPlace Park. I'm not exactly clear about what their hours are though.

I would be happy to provide acess to the roof deck for a meetup however I dont think it will be open until mid june or the start of july. Perhaps for a second meetup or If this first one does not happen for alittle while.

Infact I think it would be a great place with its views of providence etc. I took a vist to it over the weekend and I must say the roof has a great unblocked view looking over providence.

That would be nice if we could meet there. I wouldn't ask you to host the first one though, who knows how it's going to go? :o

Actually, it might be nice to get Buff Chace to attend at some point...

Week nights are much easier for me than weekends.

I think we should start with an armed sit-in at the GTech spot. Burn pallets and form a local Christiania right there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I drove by the crane today and no way would I sit up there in the cab. How does the operator get up there? Climb?

Archived