Charlotte Pike area

Onyte9

I work on Charlotte so I pass those big emty lots in the two and 3 thousand blocks every day. Theyve been forsale as long as I can remember. I think some mixed use development would be great. The area really needs help. What do you all think?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's been some talk about one of them just recently. For what, I don't know, but I think one or more of them were just sold. I don't really recall any details. That is a huge area of land so close to downtown and West End, I'm surprised something hasn't happened there already.

I drive Charlotte all the time, but I guess I don't pay enough attention. I think the 49th and Charlotte area is interesting though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah...I like that part too. Isn't that where the gold domed bank is? Anyways, I used to always go to the Darkhorse theatre...really one of the great places to see plays...and you are right next to the action, unlike at TPAC. There are several cool cultural shops (if I remember correctly) out there. What is that area called exactly? Not really West Nashville or Sylvan Park...

I grew up and still live just a few blocks from there, weve always just called it part of West Nashville. It is a interesting area though. I think if it had better parking (right now the only parking is on the street) the business in the area would attract more customers and more customers would cause new businesses. I remember reading a article on the area I believe in the Tennessean a while back. They said they think the area will be the next to be revitalized, being so close to Sylvan Park. I know a few businesses in the area have invested a good deal of money thinking the area will be the next hot spot. There are definitely some neat looking old structures in the area.

As for the big open lots, I hope they are creative and dont just use the land to build another warehouse. But anything would be better than whats there now.

Archived