chicago + flash

Flash

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely excellent Flash! I have a flight and the Hilton booked June 23-26 so I look forward to getting back there! I try to go at least once a year. I definately miss Chicago, in ways I wish I still lived there. Really great pictures, they show the true essence of Chicago, which usually has to be seen to be believed!

BTW, I never saw the Aurora Borealis when I lived there...guess it's kinda hard to see it through the ceiling in your apartment though. :P

Those pictures are incredible, Flash! Thanks for sharing. You sure covered a lot of ground for being there just a few hours. I can't imagine how you did it. I miss my hometown so much, seeing those pics make me a little sad (although seeing those people freezing their butts off in mid-May helps :P ), but mostly proud. Good stuff. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

chicago91.jpg

These are great pictures.

I have a question about the one above. It looks like there are floors being added to the top of the Montgomery Ward Building (6 N. Michigan Ave.) in the center of this picture. Does anyone know what is happening here? According to the AIA Guide to Chicago it was converted to residential in 2004. Could it be that they are adding more units?

• 2 weeks later...

These are great pictures.

I have a question about the one above. It looks like there are floors being added to the top of the Montgomery Ward Building (6 N. Michigan Ave.) in the center of this picture. Does anyone know what is happening here? According to the AIA Guide to Chicago it was converted to residential in 2004. Could it be that they are adding more units?

I think that's just scaffolding on the taller portion for doing the exterior renovation work.

http://www.glasssteelandstone.com/BuildingDetail/1222.php

• 4 weeks later...

Archived