Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flash

chicago + flash

I went to Chicago for several hours for the first time on Saturday afternoon. Heres what I saw:

chicago1.jpg

chicago110.jpg

chicago2.jpg

chicago79.jpg

chicago85.jpg

chicago25.jpg

chicago117.jpg

chicago82.jpg

chicago12.jpg

chicago38.jpg

chicago19.jpg

chicago109.jpg

chicago73.jpg

chicago70.jpg

chicago61.jpg

chicago32.jpg

chicago4.jpg

chicago121.jpg

chicago8.jpg

chicago15.jpg

chicago20.jpg

chicago116.jpg

chicago88.jpg

chicago95.jpg

chicago18.jpg

chicago120.jpg

chicago31.jpg

chicago34.jpg

chicago39.jpg

chicago105.jpg

Absolutely excellent Flash! I have a flight and the Hilton booked June 23-26 so I look forward to getting back there! I try to go at least once a year. I definately miss Chicago, in ways I wish I still lived there. Really great pictures, they show the true essence of Chicago, which usually has to be seen to be believed!

BTW, I never saw the Aurora Borealis when I lived there...guess it's kinda hard to see it through the ceiling in your apartment though. :P

Those pictures are incredible, Flash! Thanks for sharing. You sure covered a lot of ground for being there just a few hours. I can't imagine how you did it. I miss my hometown so much, seeing those pics make me a little sad (although seeing those people freezing their butts off in mid-May helps :P ), but mostly proud. Good stuff. Thanks!

These are truly great pics. I love Chicago. If I wasn't such a southern boy I would try to move there. I'd miss my warm weather.

-J

chicago91.jpg

These are great pictures.

I have a question about the one above. It looks like there are floors being added to the top of the Montgomery Ward Building (6 N. Michigan Ave.) in the center of this picture. Does anyone know what is happening here? According to the AIA Guide to Chicago it was converted to residential in 2004. Could it be that they are adding more units?

These are great pictures.

I have a question about the one above. It looks like there are floors being added to the top of the Montgomery Ward Building (6 N. Michigan Ave.) in the center of this picture. Does anyone know what is happening here? According to the AIA Guide to Chicago it was converted to residential in 2004. Could it be that they are adding more units?

I think that's just scaffolding on the taller portion for doing the exterior renovation work.

http://www.glasssteelandstone.com/BuildingDetail/1222.php