Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flash

chicago + flash

I went to Chicago for several hours for the first time on Saturday afternoon. Heres what I saw:

chicago1.jpg

chicago110.jpg

chicago2.jpg

chicago79.jpg

chicago85.jpg

chicago25.jpg

chicago117.jpg

chicago82.jpg

chicago12.jpg

chicago38.jpg

chicago19.jpg

chicago109.jpg

chicago73.jpg

chicago70.jpg

chicago61.jpg

chicago32.jpg

chicago4.jpg

chicago121.jpg

chicago8.jpg

chicago15.jpg

chicago20.jpg

chicago116.jpg

chicago88.jpg

chicago95.jpg

chicago18.jpg

chicago120.jpg

chicago31.jpg

chicago34.jpg

chicago39.jpg

chicago105.jpg

chicago52.jpg

chicago87.jpg

chicago96.jpg

chicago78.jpg

chicago58.jpg

chicago35.jpg

chicago41.jpg

chicago99.jpg

chicago53.jpg

chicago44.jpg

chicago5.jpg

chicago9.jpg

chicago98.jpg

chicago11.jpg

chicago14.jpg

chicago21.jpg

chicago26.jpg

chicago107.jpg

chicago27.jpg

chicago90.jpg

chicago46.jpg

chicago50.jpg

chicago97.jpg

chicago59.jpg

chicago103.jpg

chicago29.jpg

chicago111.jpg

And that was...

chicago40.jpg

Bonus Aurora Borealis shots from later that night:

chicago118.jpg

IMG_3635.jpg

Absolutely excellent Flash! I have a flight and the Hilton booked June 23-26 so I look forward to getting back there! I try to go at least once a year. I definately miss Chicago, in ways I wish I still lived there. Really great pictures, they show the true essence of Chicago, which usually has to be seen to be believed!

BTW, I never saw the Aurora Borealis when I lived there...guess it's kinda hard to see it through the ceiling in your apartment though. :P

Those pictures are incredible, Flash! Thanks for sharing. You sure covered a lot of ground for being there just a few hours. I can't imagine how you did it. I miss my hometown so much, seeing those pics make me a little sad (although seeing those people freezing their butts off in mid-May helps :P ), but mostly proud. Good stuff. Thanks!

:w00t:

As usual, flash, you have outdone yourself yet again.

Absolutely marvelous.

Loved the ones of the skyline.

These are truly great pics. I love Chicago. If I wasn't such a southern boy I would try to move there. I'd miss my warm weather.

-J

chicago91.jpg

These are great pictures.

I have a question about the one above. It looks like there are floors being added to the top of the Montgomery Ward Building (6 N. Michigan Ave.) in the center of this picture. Does anyone know what is happening here? According to the AIA Guide to Chicago it was converted to residential in 2004. Could it be that they are adding more units?

These are great pictures.

I have a question about the one above. It looks like there are floors being added to the top of the Montgomery Ward Building (6 N. Michigan Ave.) in the center of this picture. Does anyone know what is happening here? According to the AIA Guide to Chicago it was converted to residential in 2004. Could it be that they are adding more units?

I think that's just scaffolding on the taller portion for doing the exterior renovation work.

http://www.glasssteelandstone.com/BuildingDetail/1222.php