• Announcements

• Neo

WARNING!   07/26/16

By reading or participating in the Coffee House forum, you are acknowledging that some topics may be highly controversial in nature. While we make every attempt to ensure that no one and no groups are offended as a result of discussions contained within, we unfortunately can make no guarantees. Participate in threads contained within this forum at your own risk.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

monsoon

Favorite County in Metrolina Empire

What is your favorite County in the Metrolina Empire outside Mecklenburg?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite County in the Metrolina Empire outside Mecklenburg?

• Union
    • Cabarrus
    • Rowan
    • Iredell
    • Lincoln
    • Catawba
    • Gaston
    • York
    • Lancaster

I think either Gaston or York.....probably Gaston because of the outdoor recreational opportunities there.

I voted for Gaston. Like atlrvr said, great outdoor recreation with many more miles of greenways and mountain bike/hiking trails to come. It also has some pretty nice small towns.

I voted for Gaston. Like atlrvr said, great outdoor recreation with many more miles of greenways and mountain bike/hiking trails to come. It also has some pretty nice small towns.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Who knew my county was so popular? :lol:

Of course, you know how I voted. ;)

i come from waxhaw. there is only one on this planet. so, my vote for union county follows me heart. plus they did win the war.

can i vote for south western union co.?

York of course. There are pretty good recreational and sports-oriented opportunities available in York County as well. Lake Wylie, Catawba River, a good parks system, recently constructed city tennis facility, soccer recreational complex under construction, hosts of the US disc golf championship and girls fast pitch softball, home of Winthrop University whose men's basketball team has made NCAA tournament appearances around 4 or 5 times in the past 5 years (came into this year's tournament with the longest winning streak of any other team in the nation), two golf clubs, historic Brattonsville, Museum of York County, Catawba Indian Nation....and of course we can claim half of Carowinds. :)

Boy, you'd think I worked for the Rock Hill/York County CVB! :D

I voted for York because it's the only county in the region that is (somewhat) paying attention to transportation. Gaston is my second favorite simply because of Belmont and Mt Holly.

What is your favorite county besides Mecklenburg in our area.  Please explain why.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Statesville/Mooresville Micropolitan Area is quickly becoming one of the bright

stars in the Metrolina Area adding new businesses and commerce while maintaining

the rustic charm of an exurban lifestyle. Although I would say 80% of the population believes we are in the Hickory Metropolitan Area!

York...I went to Winthrop there for a year...And it has Carowinds :lol: ...And it's like pure suburbs in Rock Hill..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think Rock Hill has more of an independent identity (not totally). The "pure suburb" feeling is found in Fort Mill, Lake Wylie, and Tega Cay, IMO.

Sad to say I rarely leave the great state of Mecklenburg outside of roadtrips home to Hilton Head. So I guess I would have to vote for York since it seems nice from the highway!

I like the "mountains" of Gaston County (Crowders and Kings Mountains) and the "country road" of 321 I drive on on my way up to the real mountains. As others have said before, I also think they have a nice selection of parks and natural areas to choose from.

I like the "mountains" of Gaston County (Crowders and Kings Mountains) and the "country road" of 321 I drive on on my way up to the real mountains. As others have said before, I also think they have a nice selection of parks and natural areas to choose from.

I voted Gaston simply because I love the central portions of Belmont and Mt. Holly, Belmont Abbey, downtown Gaspipe, the hulking Loray Mill and Graham's Fish Camp off New Hope :thumbsup: