PROPOSED: Imperial Place

v21-ImperialPlace001.jpg

Imperial Place

Project Summary

Type: New Construction

Use: Office / Retail/ Residential

Size: 137,000 sf

Information and image from Churchill & Banks

All I know about this is what is posted above.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought I might have heard something about plans for this space somewhere on this site but either way I just saw a bunch of suits checking out the parking lot across from Imperial Place (between Hoppin, Bassett, and Imperial) No blueprints or anything but their hand motions seemed to "spec out" different structures (or one big one) on that parcel. Anyone know of plans for this site?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fascinating!  I guess this begins to answer the question of what developers want to do with the 195 land... 

The Imperial Place render is another story entirely.  I think I know exactly where that is, as that looks a lot like the Coro Parking Garage to the left...  In any event, that looks perfect for the Jewelry district and that spot in particular...  Just the kind of mixed use building that actually looks the part that the area has been needing badly.  All those older reused industrial buildings are nice, but they don't make it look like a true neighborhood yet...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, I'm liking that Imperial Place building. We don't need to wait for 195 to move for that to happen. It's right where you think it is. That's the Coro Garage and the mill building that Restaurant Cav is in would actually be in the way of this view. So there's a nice brick building facing the existing brick mill building, very sensitive to the neighbourhood. Interesting how it turns to glass on the highway side.

EDIT: The fact that kinematix saw some suits scoping out the site a few weeks ago gives hope that something may happen here sooner rather than later.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I like the Imperial place building too although I can't imagine the folks who live in the actual Imperial place building will be to happy. They get amazing views and sunsets in those huge old windows and it's not a reason to curb development of that space but the appeal will decrease dramatically. I know people who have bought there beacuse of the sunsets.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

• 3 weeks later...

The title of this thread is slightly inaccurate but works beacuse it's right across the street from Imperial Place, the place you looked at for a condo. We would otherwise have to call it "parking lot at corners of Hoppin, Bassett, and Imperial"

You are right though, Imperial Place does already exist.

Imperial Place is actually the name of the street.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That lot you describe is deeded to the residents of the condo per the condo docs... Interesting.. I wonder if the docs allow for it to be sold and/or developed??

• 3 years later...

It seems the canvass is still/now blank for this project. Info from the Churchill & Banks website:

"Imperial Place Location: Providence, RI

Use: Undecided

Size: 137,000 sf

Plans are yet to be finalized for this prime real estate parcel located adjacent to Lifespan headquarters at the Coro Center and Garage in the city's revitalized jewelry district. Adding to the site's attractiveness for a wide variety of development options is the imminent opening of the new bridge and I-95 overpass that will re-connect the city's south side and sprawling RI Hospital complex to the jewelry district and neighboring riverfront."

Archived