Scott Maddox enters Race for Governor!

Florida

Not since Governor Leroy Collins, has a Tallahasseean been elected Governor. Could it be our time again?? Truly Maddox is a champion for the little guy. He has always stood on the side of the least fortunate, the families, the small business, for downtown development, for a halt to urban sprawl, for improved transit systems, and low air-fares. This man in his few years on the city commission, and as Mayor was able to get more accomplished than the several combined who precieded him. If this sounds like an endorcement... thats because it is. He is a personal friend of mine, and I will do almost anything to see him elected!

maddox_logo.jpg

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No offense, but I would be surprised if he even got the Dem nomination given the small base and name recognition he has to work with. As to the general election, if nominated, he would likely face a Republican with name recognition who has already won a statewide race (i.e. Crist). He has an uphill battle. Good luck.

I'd say Maddox has statewide name recognition, especially among democrats being that he just stepped down as the Chairman of the Florida Democratic party. In 2002 he shocked the state with his showing against Buddy Dyer in the Attorney General primary, pulling 2nd place with 2% fewer votes that Dyer. Maddox has had the time to build his reputation statewide, and has a great chance at getting the nod from Florida Democrats.

He seems to be better than GA's Maddox, a racist bigot. (This is Lester Maddox) After all, when was the last tiem your Maddox was seen at the door of a restaurant with a large axe to frighten off blacks and other minorities.

Best of luck to Scott Maddox.

Sorry, didn't mean to insult him. Besides GA's Maddox was back in the 1960's.

Unless Scott really screws up (which I doubt he will), there's almost no way he could sink as low as Lester.

Like I said before, I'm sorry for the earlier post. I didn't mean to offend anyone or insult Scott.

How exactly does Maddox plan to help the "little guy"? Will it be raising the burden on business (i.e. more regulation and taxes) which inevitably results in little men getting fired or never hired in the first place or maybe will it be discrimination against one group of little men based on race in favor of another group of little men? These are the typical Democrat "solutions".

I dont know if Maddox will do those "typical democrat solutions." But maybe, he could promise not to raise taxes, but instead disguise them as hidden fees on oh so many things like the typical republican solution. But hey, they didnt actually raise the taxes.

I agree though, Maddox will have a hard time pulling ahead of Sen. Smith and Rep. Davis.

before we go any further with this... let us not get republican v democrat here. my whole point in mentioning this under the Tallahassee subforum was to reflect upon the last time we had a Tallahasseean in the governor's mansion. I wouldn't be so quick to judge Scott Maddox before the man utters a word of his platform. I've merely given examples of some of the work he's done here in Tallahassee. Examples of him looking out for the least of us include his leading efforts to build a shelter for homeless families, working to bring competition to Tallahassee Regional so passengers could fly at a lower cost, maintaining one of Florida's lowest milage rates (shows he's not for high tax rates) going after those who violate enviormental laws, but understanding the need to grow. I learned at an early age that Maddox is a man that can see gray when others view the world in black and white, these are valuable traits in a politician.

Point blank... lets keep this from going right v left, liberal v conservative, democrat v republican. The last thing we need here is to divide ourselves politically.

before we go any further with this... let us not get republican v democrat here. my whole point in mentioning this under the Tallahassee subforum was to reflect upon the last time we had a Tallahasseean in the governor's mansion. I wouldn't be so quick to judge Scott Maddox before the man utters a word of his platform. I've merely given examples of some of the work he's done here in Tallahassee. Examples of him looking out for the least of us include his leading efforts to build a shelter for homeless families, working to bring competition to Tallahassee Regional so passengers could fly at a lower cost, maintaining one of Florida's lowest milage rates (shows he's not for high tax rates) going after those who violate enviormental laws, but understanding the need to grow. I learned at an early age that Maddox is a man that can see gray when others view the world in black and white, these are valuable traits in a politician.

Point blank... lets keep this from going right v left, liberal v conservative, democrat v republican. The last thing we need here is to divide ourselves politically.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Said by the man who earlier posted a posted a political endorsement. ;)

Oh stop. You people can get really ridiculous. Lets just hope that any candidate has solutions to the many problems that face Florida (education, economy, sprawl and transit). I will vote for anyone with an aggressive plan to solve these issues. If Maddox is the man, then I would like to hear more about him. If not, then hopefully someone with enough clout can get in there to fix what Bush has f-ed up.

How exactly does Maddox plan to help the "little guy"?  Will it be raising the burden on business (i.e. more regulation and taxes) which inevitably results in little men getting fired or never hired in the first place or maybe will it be discrimination against one group of little men based on race in favor of another group of little men?  These are the typical Democrat "solutions".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Interesting observation. Can you give specific examples of where this is true? You know, exact examples where a company was forced out of business specifically because of Democrats and a list of the names of all the "little guys" who lost their jobs because of it? If not, I'll have to disregard your statement as usual Republican propaganda. You know, baseless and untrue name calling. Isn't it getting a little old?

Interesting observation.  Can you give specific examples of where this is true?  You know, exact examples where a company was forced out of business specifically because of Democrats and a list of the names of all the "little guys" who lost their jobs because of it?  If not, I'll have to disregard your statement as usual Republican propaganda.  You know, baseless and untrue name calling.  Isn't it getting a little old?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Riverside can fend for himself, I'm sure, but how many names would you require ?

Riverside can fend for himself, I'm sure, but how many names would you require ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just enough and no less. Please be sure that the facts correct. I'd hate to find out that someone's facts are distorted or that what is being sponsored as fact is really nothing more than emotional political garbage rhetoric. I don't like that.

My point is that republicans say such things when one of the, if not THE, greatest job expansions in American history was during the watch of a Democrat in the White House and while Democrats controlled half or all of congress. The current watchman can't say that and he's supposedly got all the help he needs from Congress. See, that's a fact not emotional political garbage rhetoric.

No one get angry, please. This should be a civilized conversation.

Just enough and no less.  Please be sure that the facts correct.  I'd hate to find out that someone's facts are distorted or that what is being sponsored as fact is really nothing more than emotional political garbage rhetoric.  I don't like that. 

My point is that republicans say such things when one of the, if not THE, greatest job expansions in American history was during the watch of a Democrat in the White House and while Democrats controlled half or all of congress.  The current watchman can't say that and he's supposedly got all the help he needs from Congress.  See, that's a fact not emotional political garbage rhetoric. 

No one get angry, please.  This should be a civilized conversation.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Said by a man who himself appears to have a penchant for charged rhetoric. ^_^

Said by a man who himself appears to have a penchant for charged rhetoric.  ^_^

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Really? Exactly what in my statement caused you to conclude that? I reread what I wrote and I don't see it. Please explain.

So, by way of review, a forumer posts an enthusiastic political endorsement, and then urges us to refrain from divisiveness.

A bit of back-and-forth (not surprisingly).

And most recently a forumer, attributing 'emotional political garbage rhetoric' to another, urges civility.

:lol:

So, by way of review, a forumer posts an enthusiastic political endorsement, and then urges us to refrain from divisiveness.

A bit of back-and-forth (not surprisingly).

And most recently a forumer, attributing 'emotional political garbage rhetoric' to another, urges civility. 

:lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What are you talking about? Well, thanks for the stimulating conversation. It was fun learning your side of the arguement.

Archived