Scott Maddox enters Race for Governor!

Florida

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was never taught blind faith in government. In fact it was the total opposite. Question everything, faith in nothing, demand accountability and transparency. Government's role is a necessary one and there are certain things that only the public sector can do, but it should be monitored cautiously. No one should be given carte blanche to do anything. That's probably why I'm such a cynic. That and my baby-boomer father (part of one of the most lied-to generations ever), who reinforced this curiosity and awareness. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This sounds more like my teaching. However, I think this current generation may possibly beat out the boomers with the most lied to designation.

I dont know if the baby boomers were the most lied to generation in American history, but they have certainly been the whiniest.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Heh, if you feel qualified to start criticizing entire generations of people then it only confirms my conclusion that the boomers biggest failures were in how some of them raised their children.

The boomers were not the first to be lied to by government, but they were the first to really figure it out and to revolt against it.

Heh, if you feel qualified to start criticizing entire generations of people then it only confirms my conclusion that the boomers biggest failures were in how some of them raised their children. 

The boomers were not the first to be lied to by government, but they were the first to really figure it out and to revolt against it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Revolted ? Hah ! Maybe rolled a joint or two. :lol:

^No silly! They layed down and rolled in front of busses and bulldozers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I for one am glad they did stuff like that. Of course we in America have a proud history of civil disobediance, beginning with our war of independence. It's not a Baby-Boomer thing.

Neither is political deceit.

Those protestors were fools. The bottom line is Vietnam was just part of a worldwide struggle against international communism (which some people apparently still support). The Vietnam War was won by the the US and South Vietnam by the early 70s with the Paris Peace Accords (i.e. the invasion by North Vietnamese Communists of the South was stopped). Americans largely pulled out after the victory. Then, Nixon got into hot water and resigned. The North Vietnamese used this distraction to invade the South again in 1975 and we did not intervene b/c Ford was too distracted/chastened. If you would like a true history of the Vietnamese War and the evils of Communism, monsoon, go to a nail salon and talk with some of the older Vietnamiese ladies working there about what happened when the Communists took over (over 1 million South Vietnamese fled for their lives). Or go talk with a Cambodian where over 1 million people were massacred by the Communists for such sins as wearing eyeglasses. But please dont speak with some insipid pothead reject from a college campus of the 1960s.

It is amazing to me how some of y'all have bought hook, line and sinker the lies of the left. Unfortunatly, we are all entitled to our own opinions, but not our own facts. Facts, boys, are a stubborn thing.

Those protestors were fools.  The bottom line is Vietnam was just part of a worldwide struggle against international communism (which some people apparently still support).  The Vietnam War was won by the the US and South Vietnam by the early 70s with the Paris Peace Accords (i.e. the invasion by North Vietnamese Communists of the South was stopped).  Americans largely pulled out after the victory.  Then, Nixon got into hot water and resigned.  The North Vietnamese used this distraction to invade the South again in 1975 and we did not intervene b/c Ford was too distracted/chastened.  If you would like a true history of the Vietnamese War and the evils of Communism, monsoon, go to a nail salon and talk with some of the older Vietnamiese ladies working there about what happened when the Communists took over (over 1 million South Vietnamese fled for their lives).  Or go talk with a Cambodian where over 1 million people were massacred by the Communists for such sins as wearing eyeglasses.  But please dont speak with some insipid pothead reject from a college campus of the 1960s.

It is amazing to me how some of y'all have bought hook, line and sinker the lies of the left.  Unfortunatly, we are all entitled to our own opinions, but not our own facts.  Facts, boys, are a stubborn thing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't need to talk to old Vietnamese ladies. I was alive at the time and certainly well aware what happened and your "perceptions" of what happened are just as wrong as your knowledge of FDR. I am amazed at the ignorance of recent history is being displayed here.

Where are you looking for your information? Obviously not in the fact books. :whistling:

How old are you BTW?

monsoon:  Not that it is relevant, but I am 33.  I also have a BA in History and a JD (I am a lawyer).  These facts are incontrovertible and you obviously do not have any argument which can defeat them if you are asking my age.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was simply curious as anyone with your age and credentials should have a better knowledge of the Vietnam war though you were only 3-4 years old when it ended.

You have also said that a generation of people is comprised of whiners and that people who died protesting an unjust war (which is their right in the Constitution BTW) were fools. That would certainly give the impression that you are much less mature and educated than you claim. I feel the question was legimitate based on your actions.

haha. I thought you were leading into an ad hominem attack re my age, which shows that you are unable to adduce evidence to disprove what I have said. Therefore, you have lost the argument.

As to living through an event, many people who lived through the event agree with my position and being alive while something has happened in no way guarantees that you were (1) properly informed or (2) properly analyzed to the facts.

Well, since it appears I have won the argument, I have to go back to making money now. See, this is what capitalists do.

Archived