Scott Maddox enters Race for Governor!

Florida

haha.  I thought you were leading into an ad hominem attack re my age, which shows that you are unable to adduce evidence to disprove what I have said.  Therefore, you have lost the argument. 

As to living through an event, many people who lived through the event agree with my position and being alive while something has happened in no way guarantees that you were (1) properly informed or (2) properly analyzed to the facts.

Well, since it appears I have won the argument, I have to go back to making money now.  See, this is what capitalists do.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've explained the rationale for my questions on your age. They had nothing to do with winning or losing an argument. Calling people fools and whiners as you have done is certainly an indication that you do not have the facts to back your assertions. We have seen this all to often here on these forums.

I dont need to offer any evidence to dispute your claim the USA and South Vietnam won the war. The statement is so amazingly wrong that no one will even think you are serious. Let me know when last you could buy an airline ticket to Saigon.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont need to offer any evidence to dispute your claim the USA and South Vietnam won the war. The statement is so amazingly wrong that no one will even think you are serious. Let me know when last you could buy an airline ticket to Saigon.

I never said that the US and S Vietnam won the war. Try a little reading comprehension. I said that the US and S Vietnam had beaten back the N Vietnamese invasion by the early 70s and the Paris Peace Accord. The situation at that time was similar to that of Korea - aggression had been deterred and there was a stalemate. The North then invaded the South in violation of their treaty obligations in 1975 and backed by massive Soviet aid and overwhelmed the South who by then could not rely on the US for assistance. It is clear to me that you dont even know the history of the era even though, as you pointed out, you lived through it.

As to Boomers being whiners, obviously I do not mean that all Boomers are whiners. Certainly those brave men who fought in Vietnam and Pres Bush would not fall into this category. I would say though that it is clear that the Boomers were more discontented and prone to demonstrate and complain than any other generation in recent history, probably due to the fact that they had been spoiled by their WWII generation parents, who wanted to provide a better life for their kids than they had had growing up in the depression and WWII. I am sorry if that comment hit a little close to home.

I never said that the US and S Vietnam won the war.  Try a little reading comprehension.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmm.. Before you attempt to insult me, at least remember what you said.

.....  The Vietnam War was won by the the US and South Vietnam by the early 70s with the Paris Peace Accords ......

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know. It looks like english to me. :lol:

Nixon won the 1968 & 1972 campaigns in part on a big promise to get us out of the mess over there. The war (it was not officially a war) was already lost by the USA & S. Vietnam with the Tet Offensive and Mao's 2.5 million Chinese getting ready to invade. Nixon very well knew this. The Paris Peace Accords were just ink on paper to allow him to pull out, save face and divert attention away from Watergate. They knew all along the commies were going to move in the second we pulled out.

Archived