Should an Atlanta Forum Be Formed?

ironchapman

Should the GA forum become the ATL/GA forum with an "Other GA Cities" forum?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Should the GA forum become the ATL/GA forum with an "Other GA Cities" forum?

• Yes
    • No

About ATL's forums on other sites: You're right eastsider, I believe SSP has an active Atlanta forum.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

SSP does not have an Atlanta forum.

Neo and monsoon raise good points in that we have just a few dedicated GA members.

I think the Atlanta subforum was last in existence say 6-8 months ago. Its been a while.

NC and SC are just more well established sections at UP. Over time, and with some dedicated members, GA will grow too. When the SC section was started over a year ago it was just me all by my lonesome posting away. It takes alot of patience and determination to create something like that. Atlanta has alot going on, and I think that if you guys just keep it up, it won't be long before we need an Atlanta subforum without question. It may be jumping the gun to do it so soon. We'll just have to wait and see.

I'd much rather see Atlanta discussions split off into a subforum so they don't bury the other cities' threads :)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On SSP: You're right Spartan, I was thinking of something else.

So you like the second idea, when it comes time?

I will admit that I may have jumped the gun on talking about creating an Atlanta forum. I saw the Tallahassee forum and thought that it was a little odd that cities as relatively small (when compared to Atlanta) as that could get their own forums.

My original post was not necessarily to create a new forum to begin with, but only really to discuss the possibilities of creating one again soon.

Atlanta and Georgia are booming as a forum on this site. I'd like to see an Atlanta forum someday.

I guess we'll just to have to see how this turns up.

A major difference is that Florida has many more large metros and twice as many people. :) And technically, Tallahassee also shares its new subforum with the rest of the Florida Panhandle. Florida also has an established membership base, so a lot of the Florida folks also cross-post across the various city forums within the state, which helps a lot.

Building a membership base takes time, and patience... Keep posting good information and threads, and the membership will come. Post useful stuff that people would look for on Google, and watch the results. In due time. :)

Building a membership base takes time, and patience... Keep posting good information and threads, and the membership will come. Post useful stuff that people would look for on Google, and watch the results. In due time. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Indeed it does. Like Spartan, for a long time I was the only regular poster in the CLT forum as the most of the original bunch went back to fighting at SSP/SSC. Now we have attracted a new set of forumers and the CLT forum is one of the busiest on the site. I assume the same can happen for GA at some point.

Atlanta and Georgia are booming as a forum on this site. I'd like to see an Atlanta forum someday.

I'm not so sure the GA and Atlanta discussions are booming here. There is more talk about creating an Atlanta sub-forum than discussion about GA and Atlanta, this definately does not warrant it having a dedicated sub-forum.

Archived