Building Height Rank

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't decide what thread to put this observation in, but I think here will do.

The other day headed up 95N around the Thurbers exit it occurred to me that the new 195 on/off ramps are going to cut right in front of one of my favorite views of the skyline. Judging by what's already built of the overpasses, you're not going to get a nice skyline view until you've gone under 195.

Couldn't decide what thread to put this observation in, but I think here will do.

The other day headed up 95N around the Thurbers exit it occurred to me that the new 195 on/off ramps are going to cut right in front of one of my favorite views of the skyline. Judging by what's already built of the overpasses, you're not going to get a nice skyline view until you've gone under 195.

• 1 month later...
1. Hilton condos on hold until market impact of all the projects under consturction is understood.

2. Proposed tower at the former Gulf Station is a dream at the moment.

3. Metro Lofts - west side of the city between Washington and Westminster along the service road, not at Broadway. 210' to 230' in present design. Application to Zoning Board in the next 30 to 60 days.

4. former public safety - expect two announcements in the coming weeks. First about the developer second about a project. Expect two towers in the 150 to 250 range. This could change.

5. Grants Block - 239' going to zoning board in the next two months.

6. 190 Dyer Street - proposal for 210' to 230' office tower. Expect plans to go public in the new year.

7. Fogarty Building announcment in the next few days. Expect a change in plans.

8. Preliminary plans for a 180 to 200 foot building next to the Majestic Garage at the location of the old McDonald's.

That's all I know at the moment.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I posted this in another thread, but keep forgetting where I put it when I want to look at it. So I'm making this new thread for it. Thanks to Baines for some info on the Power Block condos heights. This is all a best guess right now, and could change.

Updated 11/11/2006:

520ft. W Hotel and Residences (OneTen Westminster)

428ft. Bank of America ("Superman") Building

410ft. One Financial Plaza ("Hospital Trust Tower")

380ft. Second Westin Tower

329ft. Westin Providence

311ft. Textron Tower

310ft. Empire at Broadway

310ft. Power Block Condo (Gulf Station) Indefinitely Delayed

299ft. Atwells Parcel

285ft. 50 Kennedy Plaza

175-275ft.(?) GSA Building

239ft. Grant's Block

235ft. WaterPlace Tower

210-230ft. 190 Dyer Street

223ft. The State House

220ft. The Biltmore

210-230ft. Metro Lofts (West Service Road and Washington)

216ft. The County Courthouse

213ft. WaterPlace Tower

180-200ft. Sierra Suites

190ft. YMCA (Crossroads) Building

185ft. First Baptist Church

180ft.(?) Hilton addition

180ft. Brown Sciences Library

175ft. Dominica Manor Federal Hill

145ft. Belmonte Castello (Federal Hill)

* Existing

* Proposed

* In-Progress

A paid account at Emporis gets you more height rankings, but a paid account is in the neighborhood of $400 from what I hear*.

I've scoured old articles and haven't ever been able to find a height in feet for GTECH.

*And Emporis' numbers aren't always accurate