Ruth's Chris in Charlotte

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/ent...ng/11673024.htm

I dont know how many of you saw this article in the Charlotte Observer, but Ruth Chris has said they will come to the Southpark area. But they have also said they are looking for a downtown location. I have also heard they are coming to the Ballentyne area, is it possible that Charlotte could go from no Ruth's Chris's to 3?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/ent...ng/11673024.htm

I dont know how many of you saw this article in the Charlotte Observer, but Ruth Chris has said they will come to the Southpark area. But they have also said they are looking for a downtown location. I have also heard they are coming to the Ballentyne area, is it possible that Charlotte could go from no Ruth's Chris's to 3?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Three sounds about right - they must have heard all the complaining about our complete lack of upscale steakhouses. ;) Oh wait - I forgot about Morton's and the Palm and Sullivan's and the Capital Grille and MacIntosh's and the other Morton's and...

I like Ruth's Chris and I will probably eat at the one opening in downtown Columbia, but if I am going to spend alot of money on a meal I would like for it to be on something that is a little bit more creative than a simple steak. I'll take a great Italian dinner anyday over a plain old steak, no matter how well aged.

I have to say - I love Ruth Chris', though I've only been once. Of course, I can only afford to go no more than once a year anyways :)

Though this thread sounds familiar to another thread a few months back - I'll suggest as I think I did then that the more of these 'destination' retailers / restaurants, the more successful downtown will be. I hate saying that a downtown has to have a national chain to suceed, but they definitely help.

You know, I really dislike these inside/out malls that are all the rage these days. 

DSC02188.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can understand but this is the Town Center - Va Beach's attempt at an urban core since we don't have one. I must say it has brought about a lot of good urban type changes for our suburban city. Unfortunately, we are not another Charlotte. :(

As much upscale stuff that Charlotte has/gets I was surprised to find that their wasnt one. Many cities do have to Ruth Chris's though, so I wouldnt think it would be out of the question at all.

I like the outdoor stuff, it is much more attractive than a garrish mall paved wall. I especially like when its flush with the street and there isnt parking lots, like some of the centers are doing now, so it sort of looks like a city recreation, and finally some cities are doing it on streets already in place, I think that looks pretty nice.

As much upscale stuff that Charlotte has/gets I was surprised to find that their wasnt one. Many cities do have to Ruth Chris's though, so I wouldnt think it would be out of the question at all.

I like the outdoor stuff, it is much more attractive than a garrish mall paved wall. I especially like when its flush with the street and there isnt parking lots, like some of the centers are doing now, so it sort of looks like a city recreation, and finally some cities are doing it on streets already in place, I think that looks pretty nice.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I like the outdoor stuff, but the indoor stuff just as well. Especially when weather isn't on your side. I'd hate shopping in 95 degrees or in -10 degrees, when an indoor mall is climate-controlled.

How did I know you would feel that way?  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe you have "the gift" :lol:

But I am no fan of chain store meccas whether they are inside a building or outside. Ruth Chris is nothing but chainstore food. I recommend staying away from such places.

Maybe you have "the gift"    :lol:

But I am no fan of chain store meccas whether they are inside a building or outside.  Ruth Chris is nothing but chainstore food.  I recommend staying away from such places.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Call me now fo ya free readin' :rofl:

monsoon: we we both have staked out postions on chain stores in the past, and we've agreed to disagree.

I'm just glad that space on Fairview is getting filled. Wasn't Guytano's in the same space where Cooker or Rock Bottom (can't remeber which) failed a few years ago?

Cooker's was there......horrid service....this space is not very retail friendly, and I'm surprised that Ruth's will make a go at it.....Grubb's project would have made more sense IMO.....of course lease rates and timing sometimes are more important factors.

Cooker's was there......horrid service....this space is not very retail friendly, and I'm surprised that Ruth's will make a go at it.....Grubb's project would have made more sense IMO.....of course lease rates and timing sometimes are more important factors.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah true,.. this is in an office building, not a retail project.

Archived