SouthPark neighborhood Projects

A2

Thats what I thought while I was walking down Fairview, how great would it be to have light rail from SP to Uptown. Think of the density...

I think it makes perfect sense, but I think logistically it might be a nightmare and a HUGE cost to bear for tax payers. Still I concur that there needs to be something there. It is an underserved market that desperately needs connectivity. I think the easiest solution is to run a line down Tyvola as a spur off of the South rail Line. Just my opinion. I have NO idea what that would cost and would probably be scared to see the figures.

A2

Oops almost forgot. Don't forget about the Tower going on with the Hyatt Conversion. Yippeeee !

A2

:angry: I really wish they wouldn't convert the Hyatt into condos! It's the only Hyatt in all of North Carolina. If they want condos why can't they build a new building. That way we could have the Hyatt and still have condos.

:angry: I really wish they wouldn't convert the Hyatt into condos! It's the only Hyatt in all of North Carolina. If they want condos why can't they build a new building. That way we could have the Hyatt and still have condos.

Don't feel too bad. I was quite pissed when they converted the Park Hotel to a no-character, generic Marriott. :(

A2

Edited by A2

I'm hoping for an uptown Hyatt once the SouthPark one is converted.
Now that's a good idea. I hadn't thought of that.

Don't feel too bad. I was quite pissed when they converted the Park Hotel to a no-character, generic Marriott. :(

A2

I forgot about that. It wouldn't be so bad if they chose a brand Charlotte doesn't have like Radisson, Conrad, Loews, or Intercontinental.

I like to think of Charlotte from what I have seen of it in my few visits as a right size city: large enough to handle all of the modern needs and desires of a city yet small enough that you do not feel overwhelm by it. I hope it sort of slows down its growth a bit so it does not start sprawling into a mess.

SOUTH PARK WILL NEVER BE LIKE BUCKHEAD WHILE SOUTH PARK IS STILL GROWING BUCKHEAD IS GETTING EVEN BIGGER. YOU CANT EVEN COMPARE THE MALLS BECAUSE LENOX HAS A BLOOMINGDALES CLUB MONACO FRENCH CONNECTION CARTIER THOSE ARE SOME OF THE STORES THAT SOUTH PARK DONT HAVE ITS NOT GOING TO GET ANY BIGGER THAN WHAT IT IS. I WOULD COMPARE IT TO PERIMETER EVN SOUTH PARKS DEPARTMENT STORES CANT MESS WITH PERIMETER. PERIMETER HAS MACYS NORDSTROMS BLOOMINGDALES AND DILLARDS. I AM NOT GOING TO MENTION PHIPPS CHARLOTTE WILL NEVER SEE WHAT PHIPPS HAS BUT IN REGARDS TO WHAT I SAID CHARLOTTE IS A NICE CITY BUT IS IS BORING SOUTH PARK IS BORING ONCE YOU DO UPSCALE SHOPPING THERE ITS LIKE WHERE CAN I GO FOR SOME MORE UPSCALE STORES. THEY JUST GETTING NEIMANS WHICH IS GOING TO BE SMALL AND A CRATE AND BARREL LOL GET REAL PEOPLE YOU CANT COMPARE CHARLOTTE TO ATL IN ANY FORM ARE FASHION

Prettyboy24....this is my first and last warning. This is not acceptable. If you have nothing positive to add then please keep your comments to yourself. You post was less than productive and useful. As an Atlantan this post is so embarrassing. I can tell that you are not from Atlanta. Also the caps are hideous. Please refrain from using all CAPS.

If you cannot be civil in your post then you can find another site to post on.

I shudder at the thought of CLT becoming ATL. I think we stand a good chance of avoiding becoming a traffic and sprawling disaster because the city and county are being proactive with light rail and a regional growth plan. SouthPark is evolving nicely and has a chance of becoming a retail/residential/entertainment district that will much more attractive with greenspace and less overbuilt than Buckhead.

I was in Atlanta for the last Panther/Falcon game. We stayed in Buckhead, and the traffic was terrible. I have never see traffic around South Park this bad. Buckhead has a lot of high-rises and a mall, but getting to it is so hard, I do not know how they can get people there to do business. I was there on a Saturday afternoon.

I was in Atlanta for the last Panther/Falcon game. We stayed in Buckhead, and the traffic was terrible. I have never see traffic around South Park this bad. Buckhead has a lot of high-rises and a mall, but getting to it is so hard, I do not know how they can get people there to do business. I was there on a Saturday afternoon.

Yes, Buckhead can be a challenge when it comes to traffic. I do regret you having to deal with the tourist traffic in the area. I will assume that most of your experience was limited to Peachtree Rd and perhaps the intersection of Peachtree Rd and Piedmont Rd. On weekends, traffic on these roads can be really bad. That's why I call it tourist traffic. There are just alot of people coming to Buckhead on the weekends.

For future stays, remember that Buckhead is served by two Marta stations. The Buckhead station can be accessed on the North/South (North Springs/Airport) line and the Lenox Station which can be accessed on the Northeast/South (Doraville/Airport) line. If you are staying in a hotel in the area, most hotels are just a walk away from either station. Buckhead is also served by a FREE transist authority. The BUC can be seen circling around the area. While this mode of transportation can also become intangled in auto traffic, it will free you to enjoy the sights and the skyscrapers.

As far as your question of how do people get there to do business. Well most people will know that many of the office buildings can be accessed from the backside. GA 400, a toll and limited access highway, bisects the area with exits at Sidney Marcus Blvd and Lenox Rd (formally the Buckhead Loop). I would tell you the back ways to get to most of the office buildings but then everyone will know, lol. It's really not that difficult when you don't limit yourself to Tourist Blvd....better known as Peachtree Rd.

FYI, Saturdays in Buckhead are just as bad or worse than rush hour in Buckhead on week days. Try the back routes....it will save you so much stress. Other than that I hope your stay was enjoyable.