SouthPark neighborhood Projects

A2

Could we see Target try to develop stores in South Park & Cotswold?

I was wondering that myself, but then I remembered there was a Target at Blakeney & one at Ballantyne. Which is practically walking distance, albeit, precarious walking in the middle of a street. With the population Density, I wouldn't rule out the possibility. 

Edited by Guest

The image above is an entertainment and shopping complex in San Francisco.  I kinda doubt anyone would build that at SouthPark or Cotswold.  But a City Target? Sure. City Target stores are typically smaller than traditional Target stores, ranging in size from 80,000-160,000 square feet. Target Express is also a reality now, with 20,000-square foot stores offering quick trip items.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Okay, so the Harris family is now an obstacle in two MAJOR SouthPark land development deals.  Does anyone feel like this blatant maneuvering to protect personal interests at the expense of the community might be going a bit too far. 

HA! We all know Cameron and Dee-Dee Harris are the hold outs and will not sign off on the change. They are too worried about their precious little crappy shopping center across the street.

At least the Colony project is just a petition and will likely not block that project. 

I hope CK got something up their sleeves to deal with this. Maybe a memorial hole for Dee-Dee? 

Edited by InSouthPark
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Rendering/site plan of the 2-story Starbucks behind Whole Foods

http://www.charlotteagenda.com/13317/view-renderings-of-new-two-story-starbucks-coming-to-southpark/

Looks good.

Having a drive through will be pretty big for this location. Easy in and out for the 10 million people that drive Sharon to SP and uptown (and fantastic visibility). I can see a lot of use from the two new hotels that are going up across the street as well the locals living in the apartments in Sharon Square.  I stop occasionally at the Starbucks at the Tajmateeter and it is always packed even before 7am and that spot is totally out of sight. 

• 3 weeks later...

Speaking of Southpark, any word on what is going in the two retail spots at Capital Towers? They look ready to start the restaurant buildout inside. Hoping Midwood BBQ takes the 8000sf spot (they have hinted at SP expansion) as this area has no damn BBQ spots for lunch! The Ballentyne location has been killing it the few times we have been in. Huge wait on a Friday after 6:30. 

Speaking of Southpark, any word on what is going in the two retail spots at Capital Towers? They look ready to start the restaurant buildout inside. Hoping Midwood BBQ takes the 8000sf spot (they have hinted at SP expansion) as this area has no damn BBQ spots for lunch! The Ballentyne location has been killing it the few times we have been in. Huge wait on a Friday after 6:30. 

I think a fast-casual breakfast joint would kill it (Read: toast, or something similar)

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not sure how I feel about the new law repealing the rezoning protest petition in Charlotte, but in this case it seems to be a good thing.  The developers of the mixed-use project in SouthPark effectively blocked by Cameron and Dee-Dee Harris (presumably because it negatively affects the value of their nearby businesses and/or land even though they've claimed it's because they're concerned about increased traffic in the neighborhood and a "lack of cohesive design integration into surrounding properties") have refiled their rezoning request.  They have also made some changes to the master plan based on feedback from surrounding neighborhoods, including reducing the height of the office and hotel buildings and improving medians to enhance pedestrian safety.

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/blog/real_estate/2015/09/developers-filing-again-for-southpark-development.html

Edited by cltcane
  • Like 1

I'm not sure how I feel about the new law repealing the rezoning protest petition in Charlotte, but in this case it seems to be a good thing.  The developers of the mixed-use project in SouthPark effectively blocked by Cameron and Dee-Dee Harris (presumably because it negatively affects the value of their land even though they've claimed it's because they're concerned about increased traffic in the neighborhood and a "lack of cohesive design integration into surrounding properties") have refiled their rezoning request.  They have also made some changes to the master plan based on feedback from surrounding neighborhoods, including reducing the height of the office and hotel buildings and improving medians to enhance pedestrian safety.

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/blog/real_estate/2015/09/developers-filing-again-for-southpark-development.html

I don't see how it hurts the value of their land, I do however see how it will affect the businesses they own on those properties. Their dumpy little strip of stores, restaurants, etc will become irrelevant. 

I think Cam and Dee Dee screwing with the ski slope church deal is a bigger issue. They need to go away and concentrate on their pretend project that they are planning in Dee Dee's hole.

• Like 3