SouthPark neighborhood Projects

A2

2 hours ago, Brendan said:

North Hills Mall was a dark dungeon and getting left in the dust as Crabtree expanded and went more upscale. (Not Southpark upscale).  Southpark Mall isn't remotely in the condition that North Hills was, so this idea is more than silly.

I do love walkable, urban, mixed-use developments like Rockville Town Center(Square) in MD and Birkdale Village in Huntersville, NC.  A better place for something like this would be to bulldoze Cary Towne Center Mall in Cary, NC for something like this. 

Hopefully the new development where the colony apartments currently stand and also the church development become what you described

I think he was talking about the new North Hills in Raleigh?

19 hours ago, Brendan said:

North Hills Mall was a dark dungeon and getting left in the dust as Crabtree expanded and went more upscale. (Not Southpark upscale).  Southpark Mall isn't remotely in the condition that North Hills was, so this idea is more than silly.

I do love walkable, urban, mixed-use developments like Rockville Town Center(Square) in MD and Birkdale Village in Huntersville, NC.  A better place for something like this would be to bulldoze Cary Towne Center Mall in Cary, NC for something like this. 

2 hours ago, RaleighHeelsfan said:

I think he was talking about the new North Hills in Raleigh?

Yes, before the new North Hills developing in Raleigh was built, North Hills Mall was demolished, only leaving the JCPenney's store. I do like what they've done on the north and south sides of the street. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here is the link to the Urban Land Institute Southpark area report done earlier in the year. It is very interesting. SouthPark Mall is one of the top 25 Simon malls in the country and generates almost 1 Billion in sales a year! The mall is truly one of best performing malls in the country. 

http://uli.org/wp-content/uploads/ULI-Documents/SouthPark_web.pdf

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I thought this was an interesting setting today.  There are two projects going on near the corner of Rexford and Roxborough in SouthPark.  The building that currently says "Campus Crest" will be significantly remodeled to accommodate the new Lending Tree headquarters I believe.  I am excited because that will provide a completely different vibe to an aging area of SouthPark. I assume the drill is for core sampling for that project since the drill is on the office complex parking lot.  Adjacent to the Campus Crest building a new AC Hotel (Marriott Brand) is being built next to the existing Marriott.  Interestingly to me,  It looks like they are remodeling the existing Marriott as well.  The existing Marriott is extremely dated, so if SouthPark ends up with a newly renovated Marriott in addition to a new build AC Hotel, this area next the future Lending Tree HQ (and right next to Paco's Tacos) is going to be hopping.  

Marriott - Lending Tree.jpg

• Like 2

On 9/7/2016 at 11:55 AM, AP3 said:

Revised site plan for the parking lot site at Park South Drive, just north of the Courtyard.  Density!

http://ww.charmeck.org/Planning/Rezoning/2016/087-102/2016-095 site plan.pdf

I work in one of the Fairview Plaza buildings, so this would be literally right out my window.  I love the density, but it will be a nightmare to park when that is going on.  The parking deck is decently filled every day.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

MassMutual Carolinas is taking 17,000 square feet at Capitol Towers in SouthPark. The South Tower is now 80% leased and they are now actively marketing the new North Tower that will deliver in February. The South Tower only has Floor 2 left and portions of Floors 1, 3, and 4.

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2017/01/11/another-financial-services-company-signs-on-at.html

Edited by CLT2014
  • Like 2

Does anyone know what the Lendingtree HQ on Rexford Rd will look like? I saw one rendering but but are they doing a new facade on existing Rexford building then a parking garage behind it? This article seems to say it 2 buildings on either side of Rexford Rd http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2017/01/12/lendingtree-closes-on-purchase-of-southpark.html

• Like 1

This is pretty exciting.  Those two Rexford Park buildings are outdated (read: hideous), so I am excited about this since I work nearby.  One of the renderings I saw had a green courtyard on top of one of the buildings and parking garages.  The only thing that would make me happier about this would be if that added a fast casual restaurant.  There isn't much within a short drive or walk (in a reasonable lunch price range) other than YAFO and the food court in the mall.

• Like 1

A month or so ago when I was driving down Providence Road across from Strawberry Hill I was surprised to see how far along the Northwood Ravin project is, and more specifically to see how much land is being redeveloped after it was cleared (much more land than it looks like in the picture below).  Here is a summary in picture form of what was there, the current state of the cleared land, and what the project is rendered to eventually look like at the corner of Fairview and Providence

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/biz-columns-blogs/development/article110681752.html

Providence Road NWR.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I was leaving Panera and noticed construction fencing and signage for 131 Main in the ground floor of one of the office buildings behind Bank of NC/Panera. Looks like they already have the space gutted. 7660dd488aab1efcaaf18bc88ac226c6.jpg9536cdb8b558a2df1ceb59d75dadd668.jpg1d35f9b516c35190a4458cae069914fa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2