SouthPark neighborhood Projects

A2

^^ Also missing is the lot directly behind (west) of Capital Tower North.  That is slated to be another apartment complex built but is currently mostly construction parking.  With Capital Towers wrapping up (they were installing large trees in the grass buffer yesterday) I would imagine we see movement on that once the towers are finished.

Not sure how full the Allure apartments are (which would be directly next to the empty lot) but it "looks" pretty darn full. I work across the street and most balconies that I see out the office window have a chair or two outside.  

8 hours ago, InSouthPark said:

^^ Also missing is the lot directly behind (west) of Capital Tower North.  That is slated to be another apartment complex built but is currently mostly construction parking.  With Capital Towers wrapping up (they were installing large trees in the grass buffer yesterday) I would imagine we see movement on that once the towers are finished.

Not sure how full the Allure apartments are (which would be directly next to the empty lot) but it "looks" pretty darn full. I work across the street and most balconies that I see out the office window have a chair or two outside.  

the developer of those Allure apartments sold the apartment complex after they completed them. Not sure if they still own that land or the new owner of Allure bought the undeveloped land along with the apartments. It is was supposed to be a 2nd phase of those apartments. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, KJHburg said:

the developer of those Allure apartments sold the apartment complex after they completed them. Not sure if they still own that land or the new owner of Allure bought the undeveloped land along with the apartments. It is was supposed to be a 2nd phase of those apartments. 

Polaris says JLB owns both plots of land. Figure they have to do something with plot regardless.  Its quite an eyesore for anyone living on that side of the existing apartment building. An nice pocket park would be welcome if they don't build on it right away!

Here is a picture of Inspire SouthPark from today. This site is fairly deep and full of apartments.  Will be interesting to see how retail fills out and if the retail is accessible with parking.  I know we would like dense, walk-able neighborhoods, but the Firehouse Subs that closed in the adjacent Morrison development was tough to get in and out of quickly at lunchtime, which was particularly annoying when the 30 resident only spaces were empty. 

Inspire.jpg.0daa91b8b7e68357b9d2231721c25929.jpg

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Third Strike said:

Do we know which grocery store is going to anchor the Colony redevelopment? I'm assuming Publix?

This is the grocery rendering I have... so yes, I'm assuming Publix

The-Colony-Charlotte-Rendering-1.jpg

40 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Was my favorite restaurant as a kid. Excited he's back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah i loved McIntosh's for a nice upscale meal before they closed. The service was superb. That was Jerry Richardson's and his staffs' regular place to eat on a Friday/Saturday night (can't remember which). 

The Southpark Grill name tho...  :tw_grimace:

30 minutes ago, tarhoosier said:

That looks (to me) like a building from a video game rather than life. Perhaps the photo flattens it.

it is pretty flat on that side and angle I took it from but of course you are not seeing the domes on top in this photo. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure where to put this Dee Dee Harris's hole at the corner of Gleneagles and Park Road where this was once proposed  http://harrisland.com/developments.asp?devID=village  (Right by the Quail Hollow gated community and country club)  Is there any hope, whispers, rumors that this will ever happen? It is embarrassing to have a mud filled hole and what reminded me of it is looking at the new google maps and see that hole with some water in there. Maybe it could be declared a wetland now and made into a park? Seriously will something happen here or why not sell to someone who can make something happen there? The PGA Championship is going to held next door and again nothing happens here. It was a Ritz Carlton hotel and Saks 5th Ave first proposed then the economy tanked and she got a rezoning I  think again for it and still nothing has happened. 

This was 3 years ago from the Business Journal http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/blog/real_estate/2014/09/harris-land-co-revisits-mixed-use-plans-for-south.html

Here is the approved site plan from the 2014 rezoning 

http://ww.charmeck.org/Planning/Rezoning/2014/099-111/2014-106 approved site plan.pdf

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Not sure where to put this Dee Dee Harris's hole at the corner of Gleneagles and Park Road where this was once proposed  http://harrisland.com/developments.asp?devID=village  (Right by the Quail Hollow gated community and country club)  Is there any hope, whispers, rumors that this will ever happen? It is embarrassing to have a mud filled hole and what reminded me of it is looking at the new google maps and see that hole with some water in there. Maybe it could be declared a wetland now and made into a park? Seriously will something happen here or why not sell to someone who can make something happen there? The PGA Championship is going to held next door and again nothing happens here. It was a Ritz Carlton hotel and Saks 5th Ave first proposed then the economy tanked and she got a rezoning I  think again for it and still nothing has happened. 

This was 3 years ago from the Business Journal http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/blog/real_estate/2014/09/harris-land-co-revisits-mixed-use-plans-for-south.html

Here is the approved site plan from the 2014 rezoning 

http://ww.charmeck.org/Planning/Rezoning/2014/099-111/2014-106 approved site plan.pdf

None of the brokers I know or work with will work with her. She is notoriously bat shi* crazy, and will leave rambling messages on your voicemail at 3am.  Wouldn't be surprised if nothing ever happens to that hole. Long live the mosquito pit. 

• Like 1

I can only imagine what the mega millionaires that live in Seven Eagles think of DeeDee's hole.  But we have to give her a break. I mean look at all the things she has developed:  She gave us a Walgreens in Southpark and an awesome empty food court!  Not to mention the Pavilion which looks like it hasn't seen a day of maintenance since the day it opened, complete with large sign that has been about ready to fall over for a few years now.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, InSouthPark said:

I can only imagine what the mega millionaires that live in Seven Eagles think of DeeDee's hole.  But we have to give her a break. I mean look at all the things she has developed:  She gave us a Walgreens in Southpark and an awesome empty food court!  Not to mention the Pavilion which looks like it hasn't seen a day of maintenance since the day it opened, complete with large sign that has been about ready to fall over for a few years now.

I heard her little pet project "Garden Secrets" might go the ways of old yeller and become the location for Jim Nobles new concept "Noble Smoke." after a certain LoSo project decided to take up an entire building for beer brewing and a bbq gastropub. 

Edited by Guest

Just now, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I heard her little pet project "Garden Secrets" might go the ways of old yeller and become the location for Jim Nobles new concept "Noble Smoke." 

I have worked in Southpark for 15 years and drive by it 4x a day...I have never seen anyone walk in that store.  Ever. 

That said, if Noble Smoke opened there I would be ecstatic. I was so bummed when Midwood opted for Park Road Shopping Center.  Noble must be the only person that can work with her.  He was supposed to open in her Seven Eagles spot as well. 

2 minutes ago, InSouthPark said:

I have worked in Southpark for 15 years and drive by it 4x a day...I have never seen anyone walk in that store.  Ever. 

That said, if Noble Smoke opened there I would be ecstatic. I was so bummed when Midwood opted for Park Road Shopping Center.  Noble must be the only person that can work with her.  He was supposed to open in her Seven Eagles spot as well. 

The Harrises eat at Roosters 3 or 4 times a week. They have a pretty good relationship with Jim, and Jim is opening a bakery and a charcuterie in the building as well. Pretty soon he will have the entire building. As much as I hate his views on gay people, I love his food.

Noble smoke catered my dads 70th birthday. The Brisket... it was Franklins BBQ in Austin good. 

Edited by Guest

9 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

The Harrises eat at Roosters 3 or 4 times a week. They have a pretty good relationship with Jim, and Jim is opening a bakery and a charcuterie in the building as well. Pretty soon he will have the entire building. As much as I hate his views on gay people, I love his food.

Noble smoke catered my dads 70th birthday. The Brisket... it was Franklins BBQ in Austin good. 

This is all great news. Noble puts out great food. Don't know the man himself but he does know how to cook!  I think the BBQ place would kill it. 

16 minutes ago, sclark said:

Jim Noble is Charlotte's Thomas Keller. Love him. 

As a prolific restauranteur, yes. As a chef, I'd say Clark Barlowe is the closest chef to Thomas Keller in Charlotte. As a human I liken him to Jerry Falwell

Edited by Guest