SouthPark neighborhood Projects

A2

• 3 weeks later...

On 4/21/2017 at 8:26 AM, Crown said:

None of the brokers I know or work with will work with her. She is notoriously bat shi* crazy, and will leave rambling messages on your voicemail at 3am.  Wouldn't be surprised if nothing ever happens to that hole. Long live the mosquito pit. 

The project is not dead... on life support but not dead.  She is still working to put together a plan.  She has gone through several options with various hotel, grocery interests.  None has stuck yet... but there is still work being done to get something moving.

Edited by archiham04
  • Like 1

Couple photos of the SouthPark area today. 1. new apartments at Morrison Place off Sharon 2/3 La Vie apartments are pretty nice looking built as Crescent SouthPark  4. Lincoln Harris's Capitol Tower's parking garage. Really a good looking garage. They do very quality work and I know the uptown project will look great when it is done. 

DSCN1955.JPG

DSCN1957.JPG

DSCN1958.JPG

DSCN1961.JPG

• Like 3

On 5/20/2017 at 2:33 AM, Nick2 said:

I'd love something looking very similar to the capital towers but 50 stories in uptown. I really like them.

You will get one 35 floors lol, but with a glass pyramid instead of a dome.

• 3 weeks later...

This view will benefit greatly from a 625 foot Covfefe Plaza and its other associated buildings (200-425 feet) and a 550+ foot Duke Energy HQ (just a guess) and a 350ft Lennar building. 

DSCN2333.thumb.JPG.3d00792dec53455e908fa49ea0b370d8.jpg

Edited by Guest

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/biz-columns-blogs/development/article160770379.html

I think this is new news. Are they saying they will be doubling the size of Phillips Place on its current land or are they buying more land? I didnt see any vacant land behind the shopping center. Must be planning a huge garage in the center if they are building on every parking lot. 

wait till somebody redevelops all the 2 story office condo buildings across Fairview from Phillips Place, Enjoy that traffic

• Like 3

That is new for sure. Sounds like they are going to take the existing surface lots and put retail and parking garages behind them.  . Very interesting indeed. Most of the retail at Phillips Place is just one story and only one side are they apartments above the retail. It was revolutionary when it was built for Charlotte but now is somewhat dated and it is not as dense as newer projects like this.  Lincoln Harris is one busy developer these days with their mega projects they keep tight lipped on.  Uptown, Rea Farms, River District, this project, something with the Cato family down in Fort Mill, Capitol Towers etc. 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Good article on the DeeDee Harris' wetland park aka Quail Hollow Village. There is still NO action on this site. How long does land have to act as a wetland to be declared one then made undevelopable? Asking for a friend. This is a no news is still no news story on this site. http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/biz-columns-blogs/development/article164034252.html

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Good article on the DeeDee Harris' wetland park aka Quail Hollow Village. There is still NO action on this site. How long does land have to act as a wetland to be declared one then made undevelopable? Asking for a friend. This is a no news is still no news story on this site. http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/biz-columns-blogs/development/article164034252.html

Oh man. If I spent the money to have a sign made and sent down there, would someone place it for me?

wpsign-4 copy.jpg

Edited by Guest