SouthPark neighborhood Projects

A2

3 hours ago, InSouthPark said:

It has been delayed again until 2019.  Originally told by office staff that summer of 2018 to have residents out but this November they said that had been pushed again until "2019" but had no month.

Thanks.  

That's a huge, prime site, and what's there now is so horrible.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Thanks.  

That's a huge, prime site, and what's there now is so horrible.

Yeah but its also a huge cash cow for the owners.  Apartments are 100% full and they don't put a dime into the properties except to keep them upright.  I rented here for 3.5 months on a sublease this fall and while the location was prime, the apartments "ok", it was depressing to see the state of property so I quickly moved out.  Another year of not spending any money and I will think the buildings will just fall over on their own...no demo needed.

Here is a ground photo of the Liberty SouthPark site a huge mid rise seniors apartment community behind the SouthPark towers.  Here is the story about it for I had forgotten about it until the photo of the area from ClearSky was posted.  https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2016/07/07/senior-care-central-to-mixed-use-development.html   From today looks like construction is  getting going here and a crane will surely rise soon. 

southparkLiberty.jpg

• Like 3

12 hours ago, InSouthPark said:

Yeah but its also a huge cash cow for the owners.  Apartments are 100% full and they don't put a dime into the properties except to keep them upright.  I rented here for 3.5 months on a sublease this fall and while the location was prime, the apartments "ok", it was depressing to see the state of property so I quickly moved out.  Another year of not spending any money and I will think the buildings will just fall over on their own...no demo needed.

Thanks.  I looked there ten years ago when I was first moving to Charlotte and sought a short-term place while I figured out where to live.   It was so horrible that I left after looking at the apartment for about 30 seconds.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2018 at 8:46 AM, jtmonk said:

If you look at the clear sky images, it looks like they are starting construction on the apartments behind the South Park Towers.  Is this what they still plan to build?  Also, anyone know when the project on Park South Drive might start?  That one had some pretty interesting mid rises as well.

6-28-2016 1-12-22 PM.png

Tall enough to not be stick built, nice. #concreteandsteele

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Heard that a pediatricians office is leasing  the small stand alone building behind capital towers II (the sister building to where legion is going on the other side). This space was obviously built for retail but they seem to be having a hard time filling all their retail space with retail tenants. 

16 minutes ago, jwntim said:

Heard that a pediatricians office is leasing  the small stand alone building behind capital towers II (the sister building to where legion is going on the other side). This space was obviously built for retail but they seem to be having a hard time filling all their retail space with retail tenants. 

If I remember correctly, that spot was always marketed as office/retail rather than restaurant (even though it looks identical) which I always thought was odd. So maybe they were targeting something like a Dr Office? 

11 minutes ago, InSouthPark said:

If I remember correctly, that spot was always marketed as office/retail rather than restaurant (even though it looks identical) which I always thought was odd. So maybe they were targeting something like a Dr Office? 

This is accurate, based on what I saw a couple years ago before construction commenced.

14 minutes ago, NCMike1990 said:

This is what's coming to the ski-slope church site.  https://www.apexsouthpark.com/

Yes! I love it!  I was just looking at the ski slope the other day, and wondered, in all it's years in existence, if anyone had ever attempted to go up it, and slide down it. Skate boarders? Teenagers? Anyway, I love the new towers. Will look great there. 

• Like 1

Isn't the church still a part of this new development? As in, aren't they making a smaller slope on that site as well....

And what is the life span for a particular architectural style? I'm ready for somebody to get struck by lightening or dream up something new. The repetition / regurgitation  of this style is bumming me out.

32 minutes ago, HighRiseHillbilly said:

Isn't the church still a part of this new development? As in, aren't they making a smaller slope on that site as well....

And what is the life span for a particular architectural style? I'm ready for somebody to get struck by lightening or dream up something new. The repetition / regurgitation  of this style is bumming me out.

Church is still in the plan. If you look closely at above picture two, you can see it as gray building.  It will basically be hidden from Morrison.

• Like 1