A2

SouthPark neighborhood Projects

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

Is Capital  3 supposed to have the same style of architecture?  I hope  that it does.

Don't know yet.  Given the first 2 are so alike and balanced not sure they would do the same for the 3rd tower.   I can tell you this I think it will be very much like the other projects in southpark  that LH has done Piedmont Row,  the buildings near Morrison library etc.  More classical architecture they developed the Rotunda too.  

• Like 3

On 9/18/2018 at 8:54 PM, KJHburg said:

Don't know yet.  Given the first 2 are so alike and balanced not sure they would do the same for the 3rd tower.   I can tell you this I think it will be very much like the other projects in southpark  that LH has done Piedmont Row,  the buildings near Morrison library etc.  More classical architecture they developed the Rotunda too.  

Going out on a limb there

• Haha 1

While Buckhead is fancier in terms of stores and hotel brands, I think that Southpark is much nicer.   It’s greener, and I prefer the scale of the buildings.  It’s becoming better and better.

• Like 1

Yeah, Buckhead is considerably less walkable IMO.  Roads including grade separated interchanges of surface roads make it extremely difficult to walk.

• Like 3

I prefer Buckhead over Southpark. Lenox Square is a really nice mall and has some retailers we hope of getting. However, Southpark will expand and grow, And if they really do make Southpark more walkable that's a bonus. 

18 hours ago, Cadi40 said:

I prefer Buckhead over Southpark. Lenox Square is a really nice mall and has some retailers we hope of getting. However, Southpark will expand and grow, And if they really do make Southpark more walkable that's a bonus. 

The Shops at Buckhead is the new place to shop there. If only something like that would come to anywhere in Charlotte. 

This has a destinctive "tech" vibe to it, which suggests there is a tenant in mind.  Odd, as this is roughly the same size as Legacy Union 2, but that seems far enough along, that I wouldn't think they're different options for the same tenant.

• Like 4

Love this design. Hope it ends up looking something like this. I generally despise the faux column / arch / whateverthehell that type of design is that’s all over South Park. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JorgiPorgi said:

I was thinking this tower was going to be taller than the domed towers? 

I think people got over excited on the height...I think they are just getting it zoned for the maximum height that is allowed (180ft)