A2

SouthPark neighborhood Projects

^^ Great shots KJ.  There certainly is a lot of development going on in Southpark right now.  I am increasingly worried about how bad traffic in Southpark will be in the next 2-3 years when all of this development fills out.  No mass transit, no close highway access, and a really unfriendly environment for pedestrians and bikers sounds like a disaster of cars to me.  Has the city ever floated ideas of light rail or streetcar out to this area?  I always have thought that a light rail spur that is able to hit Montford and Southpark would be awesome for both areas. 

• Like 3

I know I'm not crazy, isn't there an update to the South Park area plan underway? I can't find any info on it now

CharlotteStories might be Sweet Honey Iced Tea but I love this building.  According to the Business Journal they are not sure yet if they will start it on spec.  But I know they are pitching it to many.

Here are those renderings and a few more from the Rezoning request that was approved.

http://ww.charmeck.org/Planning/Rezoning/2018/096-112/2018-106 site plan 3rd rev.pdf

• Like 4

Man you are going to get the wrath of RDF after posting something from Charlotte stories. I don’t think I have seen that second rendering though. I hope they find a tenant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There’s good journalists out there guys. Support them, give them your clicks. Charlotte stories is mierda

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

emoji2959.png

There’s good journalists out there guys. Support them, give them your clicks. Charlotte stories is mierda

I forgot that's the group that you don't like.  They show up on my FB feed.

• Haha 2

On 1/23/2019 at 9:56 PM, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Haha it’s not just me. They regularly share very incorrect info. I don’t like them because they have 0 integrity.

Any post on r/Charlotte about a Charlotte stories article generates an automated warning post about their crappy reporting. It's hilarious

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

damn I got a downvote for trying to keep people from reading fake news? I'd expect that from my dad, keeping him from reading Breitbart, but not on UP. 

Don't worry, I cancelled it out with an up vote/like!

Edited by jtmonk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

damn I got a downvote for trying to keep people from reading fake news? I'd expect that from my dad, keeping him from reading Breitbart, but not on UP. 

Considering that you're one of the top members of this forum, I can't imagine anyone would give you a downvote.

2 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

lol you gave me the downvote

image.png.eb43b1dcf8caff4462535b2a72081853.png

That wasn't intentional.  I didn't even know that a downvote is optional.  The only icons I see are a like, a trophy, and a laughing face.

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

That wasn't intentional.  I didn't even know that a downvote is optional.  The only icons I see are a like, a trophy, and a laughing face.

you are forgiven :-)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

On 1/25/2019 at 5:38 PM, SydneyCarton said:

I'm just curious (I do like web development), but what software do you use to see this forum? .. Chrome, Edge, Tapatalk..... on your phone, tablet or pc?

I can see all the Like options since a couple of years ago or so. The size of your screen, specially small ones, can hide some features that the developer think aren't necessary on a small screen.

Sorry for the Off-Topic.

• Like 1