SouthPark neighborhood Projects

A2

According to plans approved by the city, the building and parking lot formerly occupied by Dean & Deluca at Phillips Place will be demolished to make way for a new signature Restoration Hardware. Currently, SouthPark’s Restoration Hardware at Phillips Place takes up 9,000 square feet. Once the new building is complete, the brand will move into a whopping 39,000-square-foot showroom and an additional 4,600-square-foot restaurant.

https://www.charlotteagenda.com/156257/new-restoration-hardware-phillips-place-southpark/?fbclid=IwAR3EvgEBOuIjVd8gpYF8dYeGvbmaxuwtrpk010jMwC-dWLoYXykGMtj5uV4

• Like 3

Restoration Hardware at Phillips Place is relocating to the former Dean & Deluca. The building and parking lot will be completely demolished for a new, two-story RH with a restaurant. 

Pretty big size increase too - 9,000 sq ft to 43,000 sq ft, making it one of the largest RH stores in the country. 

Also, NC’s first Canopy Hotel broke ground a few days ago in SouthPark. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

These are really nice. I hope there is a little more detail and not be that plain outside, but I love the modern  feel to this. Thanks. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Our Neiman Marcus is their smallest store along with San Antonio store but at least we have them.  I do like that this Restoration Hardware will have a rooftop deck and restaurant.  

On sizes some national retailers don't believe in Charlotte which is crazy but it will make their store one of the best performing stores per square foot.  The Omaha Steaks store in Blakeney is their 2nd biggest in sales in the country I know that from personal experience.  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Our Neiman Marcus is their smallest store along with San Antonio store but at least we have them.  I do like that this Restoration Hardware will have a rooftop deck and restaurant.

The smallest Neiman Marcus store is located in Florida and is almost half the size as the Charlotte store. The Charlotte and Austin store both have 90k sq ft and both opened in the same year when Neiman Marcus debuted a new, smaller design. 

I do agree this area could easily support one of Restoration Hardware’s flagship stores, we’re getting the typical design instead. The median average in SouthPark is greater than that of RH’s locations in Austin and Nashville. 

It sounds as if LH is looking to market exclusively to higher end tenants. Maybe Phillips Place will attract some of the many missing names in Charlotte since the mall doesn’t seem to be interested. 

Edited by TheOneRJ
  • Like 3

According to their own website our NM is even smaller only 80K sq ft.  

https://neiman.gcs-web.com/company-information/store-locations

Believe me if they could they would shrink a whole lot more of their locations.  

In terms of Restoration Hardware it might be just how much space they can build there as the LH rezoning added some retail space square footage but not a whole lot.  Retail space was capped at 141,000 sq ft by the rezoning they did last year. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

According to their own website our NM is even smaller only 80K sq ft.  

https://neiman.gcs-web.com/company-information/store-locations

Believe me if they could they would shrink a whole lot more of their locations.  

In terms of Restoration Hardware it might be just how much space they can build there as the LH rezoning added some retail space square footage but not a whole lot.  Retail space was capped at 141,000 sq ft by the rezoning they did last year. 

Yes, I meant 80k sq ft, my bad. Also the Observer article says up to 50k sq ft of retail could be added to Phillips Place. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

Here is Liberty's Barclay at Southpark senior living project from their OxBlue cam.   There will be a hotel a Canopy by Hilton hotel  here too.  https://www.hotelnewsresource.com/article103730.html

South_Park_in_Charlotte_-_View_3-20190319-193027.jpg

Great pictures. I'd love a CLT wide crane count thread. What is it now 17? 18?

I think SP has more than 6.  The project above has 4 on its own - 3 static blue cranes and one mobile yellow crane.  We moved from 1100 S. Tryon to Regus space above Ruth's Chris, so right in front of this guy.  I will try to get a more accurate count one day soon.  We did just lose 4 at Lunion 1.

• Like 2

I think South End only has 2 anchored blue cranes right now.  The one at the Marsh apartment project near the Harris Teeter and the other at the apartments at the corner of Morehead and S Tryon. Pretty sure all of the others at the apartment projects have come down.