SouthPark neighborhood Projects

A2

Just a quick head's up !

Just wanted to post that in the CBJ it was mentioned that a developer plans two buildings to house office/retail/ and residential on Fairviewroad frontage near the Fairview Towers. Not much was mentioned more than that. Could be nteresting since it will only add more to that part of SP.

A2

Can you post the link, A2? I'm scanning the CBJ and for some reason I and can't see that story... Thanks.

I think it might be "linkless" :) , since it was one of their smaller articles. Sorry guys. However, it might not be a bad CBJ to pick up. It goes into great detail about NASCAR and further more goes into a bit more detail as to what CATS wants to do to bring back the Light Rail Station enhancements at the Arena Station.

A2

Just a quick head's up !

Just wanted to post that in the CBJ it was mentioned that a developer plans two buildings to house office/retail/ and residential on Fairviewroad frontage near the Fairview Towers. Not much was mentioned more than that. Could be nteresting since it will only add more to that part of SP.

A2

that is interesting news. thanks for sharing

Looks like Charlotte is getting it's 2nd Whole Foods before construction even begins on the first.

http://charlotte.bizjournals.com/charlotte...tml?jst=b_ln_hl

According to the CBJ, it will go at the SW corner of Sharon and Morrison. I assume this is the Colony Apartments site....well A2, you better get packing.

I also assume that if it is that site, that it will be part of a MUCH larger mixed-use project.

I called it, for sure :yahoo: its happening slowly but I'm getting better at this stuff haha, but why is there going to be an earthfare and a whole foods so close together, its about time tho, as much as I love reids we had some more organic grocers to chose from.

Edited by Rickydavisfan21

Poor Earth Fare.....they will only be 25,000 sq. ft. and have almost no visibility.....I predict a rough road for them, though both them and now Whole Foods will be on the "going home" side of Sharon, which should give them at least some advanatage over the Taj-Ma-Teeter.

Looking at a zoning map, Whole Foods is going to need to rezone that property to build at the Colony Apt. site, but planning staff has indicated that they support a high-density mixed-use project at that site.

Edited by atlrvr

and the Harris Teeter at that corner too... talk about over-groceried.

and its not just any harris teeter, its the tajmateeter however you spell it, I would almost go about calling it a flagship teeter, but there is only one thing the grocery store influx can suggest to me, there are going to be a lot more residences coming around in the southpark area, a whole lot more, anyone else get the same idea? anybody else smell a couple of novares?? and why doesn't furman build in sp or anywhere else outside of a 3 mile radius of the CBD for that matter

Sharon and Morrison.

Sharon And Colony* :)

Poor Earth Fare.....they will only be 25,000 sq. ft. and have almost no visibility.....I predict a rough road for them, though both them and now Whole Foods will be on the "going home" side of Sharon, which should give them at least some advanatage over the Taj-Ma-Teeter.

Looking at a zoning map, Whole Foods is going to need to rezone that property to build at the Colony Apt. site, but planning staff has indicated that they support a high-density mixed-use project at that site.

Yeah, there would have to be higher density coming

and its not just any harris teeter, its the tajmateeter however you spell it, I would almost go about calling it a flagship teeter, but there is only one thing the grocery store influx can suggest to me, there are going to be a lot more residences coming around in the southpark area, a whole lot more, anyone else get the same idea? anybody else smell a couple of novares?? and why doesn't furman build in sp or anywhere else outside of a 3 mile radius of the CBD for that matter

It certainly is the chain's flagship and their largest store (for a little while longer)

Edited by cantnot

Oops...thats what I meant....that's still the Colony Apts.

It still might be a while. I called my Leasing Office and they are still signing new 12 month leases. One would think if a developer were involved that Colony would make mention to the residents, or at least stop leasing out for 12 month periods. Do you think we are talking about 18-24 months down the road atlrvr, before something materializes?

I am sure I will be long gone after my lease expires next Feb. so it is a mute point for me, but it would have to be one hell of a project since it is more than a 10 acre site in the HEART of Southpark.

I just can't see someone buying such high valued land for just a whole foods. I see towers in the future if they do bulldoze. They would be crazy not to. :wacko:

A2

Edited by A2

Okay I guess that makes sense, haha, I wish he would consider southpark, we'll see if they test novare towers or not in sp, but I don't think there'll be too much opposition as long as they keep far enough away from the affluent old money areas

Interestingly the observer says that the Whole Foods will go in the Morrison development.

I think they might have it wrong here. First, thats the northwest, not SW like the CBJ said....second, they already have an organic grocer to the same center....having two wouldn't make sense for the developer.....three, the zoning at Morrison specifically bans another large anchor of that size......the could always go for a rezoning, but considering how tedious it was to get the current Morrison site plan approved, I'd see that as a real challenge.

Well according the CBJ....Whole Foods is going to the soutwest corner of that intersection which would be where the Colony Apts currently are.....according to the Observer, they would be included in the Morrison development (the same development where Earth Fare is under construction)......so I think everyone is a bit confused since the news sources contradicted themselves.

My gut feeling is that it is the Colony Apartment site and will be included in a total redevelopment of that community, but I could be wrong.

Why is taking Whole Foods so long to enter the Charlotte market? I realize that there are zoning issues and existing buildings at the S/C intersection but the Elizabeth site? What's the delay there?

Almost more than any retail/condo rumor; I believe WF is coming to Charlotte when I see the doors opening.