SouthPark neighborhood Projects

A2

Well I saw the rendering for the new Dillards Expansion ( They have a poster of it on the construction fence ) It looks a lot better than it does now. Also, you can see the macy's sign on Hechts, but it is covered up now by a hechts banner. When will it be official?
It'll be newer, but I really don't think it'll be better looking. I'm not impressed with the new design, preferring the Modernist vibe of the old style. But that's my opinon.

Hecht's will offically change over to Macy's in September.

• 4 weeks later...

Expect some additional info on the Whole Foods soon....and soon I will get to say I told you so A2! :P

Ok. should I move now or later :P

No, but seriously, it is hard for me to believe that Whole Foods will go where the Colony is. My whole point is that they are still activley leasing out the place. I actually asked one of the leasing reps if she had heard anything and her response was simply, no. Now I agree that she would probably no nothing, if something were to happen, but it seems foolish for them continue with their leasing efforts, if all they are going to do is sell within the next year or so.

To me I think Whole Foods would go on the EMPTY lot directly across the street as a part of the Morrison Project. It is literally a couple of acres of grass. I have to believe that is what the Grubb left that space their for. ;)

A2

Ok. should I move now or later :P

No, but seriously, it is hard for me to believe that Whole Foods will go where the Colony is.

The sooner you believe it, the easier the move will be. :P I don't want to see you on WSOC-TV chained to your sofa as a bulldozer comes through your front door.

Well, at least I am glad that they are going to consult me (a resident). Haha! No, but if input were needed I certainly would state that towers make a lot of people happy ( :D ) and that once complete they would have their first resident (me) become an addition to the project. Instead of a two story townhome, just come visit me from my 27 story condo, overlooking the Southpark and Uptown skyline with some smooth jazz playing. :P

Ah, the possibilities!!!

A2

Its so good to see your posts with happy faces and enthusiasm, we miss the old A2, that Wachovia thread is just what you needed.....

I am trying to be optomistic guys , seriously, but underneath I am quite concerned. I still think all of the projects underway (with a shovel already in the ground) will be built, especially WB tower. I have my doubts about the future of others though. The economy is really starting to come unglued now. Ever since I have made dire predictions on other posts, concerning the seriousness of what we face, the DOW has dropped almost 1000 points and the prospects going forward look even worse.

I am still pro Charlotte, and will continue to be so. But for what it is worth I am still VERY bearish on the US economy and want everyone to read a few articles that I am posting below and understand that I am a realist, even through I play a crazed skraper fan in real life :P .

But seriously, for all that are in the stock market, be careful. For all that are flippers using UP to gain a buckin Real Estate, you better watch out! In other words get ready for the optimism to turn quickly negative going into 2007.

http://www.financialsense.com/editorials/r.../2006/0609.html

http://www.financialsense.com/fsu/editoria.../2006/0608.html

http://news.goldseek.com/NedSchmidt/1149865975.php

Potential for major Crash:

http://news.goldseek.com/UnionSecurities/1149879892.php

Looking at all of the analysis that I use daily I see a CRASH coming before October of this year. It could be a wash out of OVER 2000 points on the DOW in just one or two days. As a technician of markets, all the signs are there, and I called the top about dead on. You can probably pull some of my posts just to proove that I am not "blowing smoke". I was off by just a couple of weeks when I shifted to cash, but I have lost nothing. I am not trying to boast, but simply using some of what I know to warn my buddies that tougher times are ahead.

Expect a sucker rally this summer to lay the trap, but trust me it is JUST A TRAP by the big boys, the bottom will come. Many will start to think that I am a nut and continue on their course of investing and going deeper into an infinate hole of debt. Unfortunately that route will lead to an ultimate wipe out of wealth.

I will go ahead and post my offical long term forcast: (Hopefully I am TOTALLY wrong, but seriously doubt it)

DOW 5000-6000 by 2009-2010

S&P according to ALL indicators looks to bottom right around the same time in or around 450 area.

NASDAQ will bottom much sooner possibly late 2008.

US dollar could colapse and merge with Canada and Mexico to form a new North American currency similar to what the Eouropean countires did with the Euro, expect Asia to follow suit as well. FWIW,It will be known as the Amero.

GOLD $3500-$4000 oz (plus expect a rise in other Base commodities led by a secular Bull) This rally in commodities will be violent and move up and down like a yo-yo, but will move much higher over the course of the next 5-7 years before it tops out.

DON'T LISTEN TO CNBC AS THEY WILL MISLEAD YOU 9 OUT OF 10 TIMES !

Housing will collapse in 2007 and NO LATER. This will be Led by huge numbers of home price dclines and forclosures.

Rates will rise for possibly another year then fall as the FED again attempts to print more paper (fiat, Greenbacks) to save the economy. In his efforts, the dilution of our hugely Inflated Money supply will be the demise of the US greenback (see prediction above regarding curreny change)

Expect Inflation of some magnitude followed by a period of strong deflation for potentially three to five years.

US Debt will exceed Ten Trillion by 2009.

Consumer debt will reach a max level by 2Q of 2007 and be unsustainable resulting in the ultimate fall of the markets. This ratio of 130% was achieved right before the bottom fell out in Japan in 1989. Then the Nikkei fell from 36,000 to 7,000! In our case it will be worse since we now have a negative savings rate versus their positive savings rate of 12% at the time of their crash.

War will be brewing in IRAN and other cartel nations by late 2007 (possibly sooner)

Energy Prices will soar 100%-200% from today's prices within 2 years.

Economic Terrorism will be a word commonly used by Gov't for people pulling out of the financial system (ie banks and Federal Securities) due to a lack of faith in the "monetary system"

GDP will fall.

Unfortunately a recession will be the best we might be able to muster, but I am going to go out on a limb and suggest something far worse. I just do not want anyone pissed off at me. I have already been ridiculed at work about the recent fall of the markets, but they are just upset because the bottom has started to give way and NO ONE LKES LOSING MONEY!

SIDE NOTE: GEORGE BUSH HAS NOW GONE DOWN IN HSTORY AS THE BIGGEST SPENDER IN OUR NATIONS HISTORY!

HE HAS SPENT MORE THAN THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF ALL PRESIDENTS BEFORE HIM COMBINED!

:(

A2 (still the happy, crazed, skraper enthusiast you all know and love. Please do not throw any stones at me :cry: )

Pray for the US and please forgive me since it makes me sick each time I have to post anything that is negative. (Just remember that I consider you all friends and want to post what I think might save all of you a lot of money and frustration in the months and years to come)

Edited by A2

I am trying to be optomistic guys , seriously, but underneath I am quite concerned. I still think all of the projects underway (with a shovel already in the ground) will be built, especially WB tower. I have my doubts about the future of others though. The economy is really starting to come unglued now. Ever since I have made dire predictions on other posts, concerning the seriousness of what we face, the DOW has dropped almost 1000 points and the prospects going forward look even worse.

I am still pro Charlotte, and will continue to be so. But for what it is worth I am still VERY bearish on the US economy and want everyone to read a few articles that I am posting below and understand that I am a realist, even through I play a crazed skraper fan in real life :P .

But seriously, for all that are in the stock market, be careful. For all that are flippers using UP to gain a buckin Real Estate, you better watch out! In other words get ready for the optimism to turn quickly negative going into 2007.

http://www.financialsense.com/editorials/r.../2006/0609.html

http://www.financialsense.com/fsu/editoria.../2006/0608.html

http://news.goldseek.com/NedSchmidt/1149865975.php

Potential for major Crash:

http://news.goldseek.com/UnionSecurities/1149879892.php

Looking at all of the analysis that I use daily I see a CRASH coming before October of this year. It could be a wash out of OVER 2000 points on the DOW in just one or two days. As a technician of markets, all the signs are there, and I called the top about dead on. You can probably pull some of my posts just to proove that I am not "blowing smoke". I was off by just a couple of weeks when I shifted to cash, but I have lost nothing. I am not trying to boast, but simply using some of what I know to warn my buddies that tougher times are ahead.

Expect a sucker rally this summer to lay the trap, but trust me it is JUST A TRAP by the big boys, the bottom will come. Many will start to think that I am a nut and continue on their course of investing and going deeper into an infinate hole of debt. Unfortunately that route will lead to an ultimate wipe out of wealth.

I will go ahead and post my offical long term forcast: (Hopefully I am TOTALLY wrong, but seriously doubt it)

DOW 5000-6000 by 2009-2010

S&P according to ALL indicators looks to bottom right around the same time in or around 450 area.

NASDAQ will bottom much sooner possibly late 2008.

US dollar could colapse and merge with Canada and Mexico to form a new North American currency similar to what the Eouropean countires did with the Euro, expect Asia to follow suit as well. FWIW,It will be known as the Amero.

GOLD $3500-$4000 oz (plus expect a rise in other Base commodities led by a secular Bull) This rally in commodities will be violent and move up and down like a yo-yo, but will move much higher over the course of the next 5-7 years before it tops out.

DON'T LISTEN TO CNBC AS THEY WILL MISLEAD YOU 9 OUT OF 10 TIMES !

Housing will collapse in 2007 and NO LATER. This will be Led by huge numbers of home price dclines and forclosures.

Rates will rise for possibly another year then fall as the FED again attempts to print more paper (fiat, Greenbacks) to save the economy. In his efforts, the dilution of our hugely Inflated Money supply will be the demise of the US greenback (see prediction above regarding curreny change)

Expect Inflation of some magnitude followed by a period of strong deflation for potentially three to five years.

US Debt will exceed Ten Trillion by 2009.

Consumer debt will reach a max level by 2Q of 2007 and be unsustainable resulting in the ultimate fall of the markets. This ratio of 130% was achieved right before the bottom fell out in Japan in 1989. Then the Nikkei fell from 36,000 to 7,000! In our case it will be worse since we now have a negative savings rate versus their positive savings rate of 12% at the time of their crash.

War will be brewing in IRAN and other cartel nations by late 2007 (possibly sooner)

Energy Prices will soar 100%-200% from today's prices within 2 years.

Economic Terrorism will be a word commonly used by Gov't for people pulling out of the financial system (ie banks and Federal Securities) due to a lack of faith in the "monetary system"

GDP will fall.

Unfortunately a recession will be the best we might be able to muster, but I am going to go out on a limb and suggest something far worse. I just do not want anyone pissed off at me. I have already been ridiculed at work about the recent fall of the markets, but they are just upset because the bottom has started to give way and NO ONE LKES LOSING MONEY!

SIDE NOTE: GEORGE BUSH HAS NOW GONE DOWN IN HSTORY AS THE BIGGEST SPENDER IN OUR NATIONS HISTORY!

HE HAS SPENT MORE THAN THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF ALL PRESIDENTS BEFORE HIM COMBINED!

:(

A2 (still the happy, crazed, skraper enthusiast you all know and love. Please do not throw any stones at me :cry: )

Pray for the US and please forgive me since it makes me sick each time I have to post anything that is negative. (Just remember that I consider you all friends and want to post what I think might save all of you a lot of money and frustration in the months and years to come)

Damn, you should've finished it with NASA just detected a HUGE asteroid headed directly for the EARTH (w/ no Bruce Willis and a band of drunks to save us).

Seriously, thanks for the information and fingers crossed that the recession might not be that bad.

Damn, you should've finished it with NASA just detected a HUGE asteroid headed directly for the EARTH (w/ no Bruce Willis and a band of drunks to save us).

Seriously, thanks for the information and fingers crossed that the recession might not be that bad.

:lol:

Humor is a nice thing to have Durahmite! :) It is certainly good to laugh.

Sometimes it is good to go through a cleasing. It makes you appreciate what you do have. Friends, family, Health, and of course typing at almost 1 AM on UP!

I do hope that somehow we are able to put off the day of reckoning for a little while longer, since I am ultimately a bull at Heart. I just believe I owe it to you guys to let you know that you should prepare now. You don't have to go out buy a shotgun, bottled water, or even pull ALL of your money out of the markets. Just hedge yourself in the event that if things do come to pass (as it looks like they will) that you are protected.

If I could give one piece of sound advice it would be this:

GET OUT OF DEBT!

If that means changing your lifestyle a bit, do it. If your home is mortgaged using an ARM refy into a fixed.

You really do not have to be a market expert to suceed financially, most things are common sense. Unfortunately our counrty threw common sense out the window a long time ago.

ROME SURVIVED AS AN EMPIRE FOR OVER 2000 YEARS, BUT ULTIMATELY IT FAILED.

Sometimes the US reminds me of Rome since we can act ignorant and arrogant in our ways. These can bring a country down to its knees and if we are not careful we will commit the same mistakes that other Global Powers have in times past.

A2

Edited by A2

True words A2, we need to be less cocky and more realistic. So, are you saying that lets say I have lots of stock in Duke Energy, should I take it out now? Or should I just ride the wave of the stock market and pray it comes back up in 10 years time?

Time horizons do matter in investing, but for the next few years why not earn 5-6% in risk free investments (ie Cash, I-bonds, EE bonds, etc)

The one stock that you mentioned (DUKE) actually will do ok in a recession and since it pays a nice dividend, it is one that will prove to be a good long term play.

My fear is that in a Crash mode markets tend to throw out the baby with the Bathwater. In this case even good companies with solid earnings and cash flows are thrown out because people eventually throw in the towel with ALL stocks in general.

This happened countless times in history and will only repeat itself going forward. When the bottom falls out, that is when you buy. We as a nation are taught to be bullish and that being bearish is anti-American (what BS), and sometimes it is the will of investors that is much harder to break than their bank and brokerage accounts. I have countless friends who are millionaires, that lost over half of their wealth and still concede that markets always go up and with time their investments will come back.

This in theory can be hard to refute, but it sometimes takes decades to restore. A great example is the tech bubble of 99' and 2000. These people who claimed the NASDAQ was going to 10,000 eventually lost 75% of their net worth on networks pumping up their investments that were all hot air.

These people still holding 6 years later are still down and will probaby never recover for another ten to twenty years.

The same thing today is happening in Real Estate.

One Bubble leads money to seek out another.

HOUSING IS A BUBBLE RIGHT NOW! IT IS JUST AS DICEY AS THE NASDAQ WAS IN 2000.

Be careful in all you do, and most importantly remember that wealth is only created in time.

Any speculator can claim that they KNOW the next big thing that will put money in your pocket, but rarely ever does it actually happen.

The masses are always brought forth as sheep to the slaughter, and the wealthy continue to be wealthy because they persuead the ignorant in their propaganda.

One great investment right now is GOLD, SILVER, OIL, and countless other commodities! However, you will never hear the media talk about this since the BIG money is secretly moving postitions into commodities, all along promoting that stocks are appearing cheap, and they are now optimal for purchase.

The same thing has, and is to some extent , still happening in the Housing market. I actually am shocked that WB who bought Golden West for 25BILLION, now is "downgrading" the housing market, but just a month ago were pumping it as a great entry to the West and their "hot Real Estate" market. The CEO should be fired!!!

I actually sold all of my WB stock two weeks prior to the merger and sold at the top (nearly 60 bucks a share). I knew these guys were in buy mode and have to keep it up to "lift" earnings.

It is all a game. Please don't buy the hype.

The writing is on the wall.

Stocks will continue their descent for the next few years, commodities (corn, sugar, Oil, Gold, Alluminum, Silver) are the next Bull, and should last for the next 5-10 years.

Houising will bottom, but then stabalize in or around 2010, when the forclosures begin to bottom out.

You will know when it is time to buy or sell, just by listening to the talking heads convincing the the masses that Housing and Stock Investing is risky.

When you hear your cabbie in NYC start talking about how he made a bundle in soybeans you will know it is time to bail on commodities.

The cycles have been playing out for hundreds of years, and history is always an indicator of what lies ahead.

IMO, it is time to break out the bell bottoms and turn up ABBA, because that is exactly where we are headed!

A2

Edited by A2

• 2 weeks later...

SouthGate on Fairview

Another condo project thats suppose to start in a month at the corner of Park and Fairview Roads with completion in fall of 2007. Does anyone know which side of the intersection this will be on?

http://charlotte.bizjournals.com/charlotte.../19/story5.html

I for one am very pleased with this project. I always knew that land would be developed. Plus for me it is an added bonus since the company developing it is from my hometown of Birmingham, AL. Colonial Properties is a great company that needs NO pre-sales to get a job started. They are one of the largest REIT's in the nation and have one of the best returns on equity of any REIT out there. Great Project, Great Location, Great company! :)

FWIW, I think this will end up pushing the other parcels in between the Business district of SP and Park Road to get developed sooner rather than later. Those people on the parcels I am speaking of will make a killing. I could easily see that land sold for more than a couple of million per acre. EASY !

A2

Edited by A2