SouthPark neighborhood Projects

A2

I for one am very pleased with this project. I always knew that land would be developed. Plus for me it is an added bonus since the company developing it is from my hometown of Birmingham, AL. Colonial Properties is a great company that needs NO pre-sales to get a job started. They are one of the largest REIT's in the nation and have one of the best returns on equity of any REIT out there. Great Project, Great Location, Great company! :)

FWIW, I think this will end up pushing the other parcels in between the Business district of SP and Park Road to get developed sooner rather than later. Those people on the parcels I am speaking of will make a killing. I could easily see that land sold for more than a couple of million per acre. EASY !

A2

Aren't they the present developers for the Renwick?

Aren't they the present developers for the Renwick?

Great question. I really don't know. I do know that Colonial Properties is looking to do a lot of work in CLT,so it would not shock me if they were also involved with the Renwick.

A2

Yes, Colonial Properties Trust purchased the Renwick project last summer, and plan to see it through to completion, and sell out of their investment late 2007 or early 2008.

At least that's what their SEC filing states.

Maybe that is why this thing finally has life. Maybe we need to call some execs at Colonial and get them on the Park Condo Project. Maybe then we will finally get some long awaited action there too. What is it now 6 years and counting! I would demand interest on my money, for a developer holding a deposit that long. Gee Wiz! :blink:

A2

• 4 weeks later...

The commercial phase of the Live Oak redevelopment got zoning approval last night.

Here is a link to the rezoning page that contains the 4th and final site plan....this is the first site plan that is somewhat urban....it's just the damn surface lot along Fairview.

The commercial phase of the Live Oak redevelopment got zoning approval last night.

Here is a link to the rezoning page that contains the 4th and final site plan....this is the first site plan that is somewhat urban....it's just the damn surface lot along Fairview.

Any thoughts on Louisburg Square or the new condos on the corner of Park and Fairview? What effect on traffic, housing market?

As far as Live Oak goes, I am glad they are setting aside some moderate units for some of the residents to return after they were kicked out of the only affordable housing complex in Southpark. Although I will believe it when I see it..the same as the supposed plans for the evicted Mecklenburg Mills residents. Lousiburg looks nice in the pseudo disneyfied Colonial Williamsburg brick motif that is so POPULAR in this town. I don't get it :lol:

What's people's take on the Lofts at Morrison along Sharon Road north of the mall, where Earth Fare is coming? Good place to live?

Thanks.

They seem to have sold very quickly. If it turns out to be as successful as Birkdale, I think it will be great. The one disadvantage at Birkdale, is that it tends to attract a teenage crowd which has caused noise problems at night. I don't think there will be the same issue at the Lofts given the high end nature of the shopping there. Great location (1 minute from Southpark, 10 minutes from downtown). You should also look at the new condos on the corner of Park and Fairview as well as Piedmont Row. However, and I've mentioned this before, take a look at the houses in Beverly Woods, Fairmeadows. I'm not sure what is on the market now, but they sale for considerably less $/sq ft and w/ modest remodeling would have the updated features of the condos. Hope this helps.

Here is a link to several renderings of the Live Oak developer per the architiect. Looking at the site plan on the website, it seems to be based upon the 2nd most recent site plan, but I assume the general look will be the same......nothing earth-shatterring, but not too bad either.

Here is a link to several renderings of the Live Oak developer per the architiect. Looking at the site plan on the website, it seems to be based upon the 2nd most recent site plan, but I assume the general look will be the same......nothing earth-shatterring, but not too bad either.

What is the height of the condo/hotel tower in the pic ?

A2

Zoning allows up to 180'......one rendidtion I saw several months ago had it at 14 stories, but the plans were very fluid at that point.

Thanks atlrvr! I am wondering who will be the first to top the Height of the SouthPark Towers on Fairview?

Possibly Novare? (or will we see the cap on any future high rises stop short of their height?)

A2

• 3 months later...

Wow. Thanks Neo. Did you happen to get any of the Dillard's store?

I honestly didn't think about it. We had spent most of the day at Freedom Park and we had just stopped by the mall to pick up a slice of cheesecake. :P We of course did manage to find out way into Neiman Marcus to look around at the mind boggling prices.

As a side note, the Crate & Barrel looks awesome from the other side (facing traffic) but unfortunately I didn't snap a pick of it from that angle.

I honestly didn't think about it. We had spent most of the day at Freedom Park and we had just stopped by the mall to pick up a slice of cheesecake. :P We of course did manage to find out way into Neiman Marcus to look around at the mind boggling prices.

As a side note, the Crate & Barrel looks awesome from the other side (facing traffic) but unfortunately I didn't snap a pick of it from that angle.

I can't find the details of the condo projects pictured here - but to mee it seems awkward to live in a mall parking lot. Does anyone share this view? What are they doing to make it lose the feel of .. well .. living in a mall?

I can't find the details of the condo projects pictured here - but to mee it seems awkward to live in a mall parking lot. Does anyone share this view? What are they doing to make it lose the feel of .. well .. living in a mall?

I didn't really feel that it was that bad. It does seem like it would be awkward living the in the parking lot of a mall but there really isn't any surface parking there anymore. The project is in the corner of Morrison and Sharon with the other directions facing the new Crate & Barrel and the new Dillard's parking deck. It does feel somewhat urban but it certainly wouldn't the residence of my choosing.