SouthPark neighborhood Projects

A2

Too me it looked like a weird early rendering of the epicentre, with weird, non existent parts of uptown around it.  :dontknow:

The guys at Restaurant Traffic, while informed about all thing restaurant and retail, are completely oblivious to the subjects of Geography and Architecture

Ghazi was actually over at my dad's house a couple of months ago and he mentioned he was starting to look at the Southpark area. He's actually a pretty nice guy and him and I were talking a little bit and we talked about Epicenter and he was basically saying there were forces that were trying to undermine him throughout that whole project. There are certainly two sides to every story...

Edited by saamh

Sociopaths are usually nice, and often charming.  Not saying he is one, or even a bad guy, but he might want to expound on those undermining factors if he wants to prosper here again.  That said, I have forgotten 90% of the "subject matter" of that ordeal, so just offering my vague and very condensed media biased recollections.  Fact remains though, he needs to be very open to have any hope at trust again.

• Like 1

There is a site plan and renderings (at the bottom of the pdf) for the new project at Sharon & Sharon Township. It looks MASSIVE! The architect is Little. I'm at work and can't parse through all the new info here, if it is indeed new, so hopefully someone else who knows more can break this down. 

http://ww.charmeck.org/Planning/Rezoning/2013/079-089/2013-082%20site%20plan.pdf

Edited by nonillogical

There is a site plan and renderings (at the bottom of the pdf) for the new project at Sharon & Sharon Township. It looks MASSIVE! The architect is Little. I'm at work and can't parse through all the new info here, if it is indeed new, so hopefully someone else who knows more can break this down. 

http://ww.charmeck.org/Planning/Rezoning/2013/079-089/2013-082%20site%20plan.pdf

WOW, that thing is huge. I wish there would be a better way to connect that too the actual mall itself; it seems as if the project is not close enough for people to walk to the mall, but I could be mistaken

WOW, that thing is huge. I wish there would be a better way to connect that too the actual mall itself; it seems as if the project is not close enough for people to walk to the mall, but I could be mistaken

Nah, it's probably no more than a 10 minute walk. Plus, there is a lot there at the Morrison shopping complex/"town center" as well.

This is actually an old project that has shifted gears. It was originally slated to be a massive senior living project, but has shifted to be apartments. We saw only slightly less developed renderings 1-2 years ago, you can probably see them somewhere in this thread.

This is actually an old project that has shifted gears. It was originally slated to be a massive senior living project, but has shifted to be apartments. We saw only slightly less developed renderings 1-2 years ago, you can probably see them somewhere in this thread.

OMG that thing is MASSIVE!

Looks like the Phillips family is starting to cash in on their land on Sharon View (behind Phillips Place). Seems to be more townhomes/detached units from Weekley Homes... Petition, tentative plans, and Weekley's website are below:

http://ww.charmeck.org/planning/Rezoning/2013/063-077/2013-066%20application.pdf

http://ww.charmeck.org/planning/Rezoning/2013/063-077/2013-066%20site%20plan.pdf

http://www.davidweekleyhomes.com/

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The 300 unit apartment project at Barclays and Morrison has started.  Engineers have been on sight since mid October and they cleared the lot in the past week.

Also if anyone hasn't driven around Carnegie in a while...take a drive.  The two apartment complexes being build are racing to see who gets done first.  The larger one (Childress Klein Properties) on the old Maersk site is going at breakneck speed while the one across from it is slowly coming along.  

I work next door to these buildings and am shocked at the density this street will have when the whole Maersk lot gets developed. There are 700+ apartments (391 and 350) now under construction on Carnegie and another 200 for Maersk phase 2.   Add in two new office towers and you got quite a neighborhood.  

If that 15,000sf of retail under construction in the apartment complex for the maersk site isn't a Trader Joes...I will be shocked (that was the rumor a few years ago).  Add in the Barclay development (300 units) and there will be close to 1500+ apartment/condos within short walking distance. 

Maersk Site. The site plan is a little odd if I say so myself... 591 apartments, 480,000 sq feet office, a parking deck, and retail. The superblock on the right seems like a poor use of space.

post-17104-0-42632600-1386093329_thumb.p

post-17104-0-01824200-1386093330_thumb.p

post-17104-0-38344600-1386093331_thumb.p

• 2 months later...